• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Diego, eight is my lucky number to boot.
Go figure.

Thanks for the trivia. You really are something else. Smile

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

IronCretin - 02 October 2023 02:03 AM

One thing I will say that greatly increased our enjoyment was turning off the English voice acting. My god, it was awful. Mostly the main character .

Seriously? I find it one of the best voice acting games of Daedelic! Especially comparing the protagonist’s voice to others, like Sadwick from The Whispered World f.e.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Sefir - 02 October 2023 05:32 AM
IronCretin - 02 October 2023 02:03 AM

One thing I will say that greatly increased our enjoyment was turning off the English voice acting. My god, it was awful. Mostly the main character .

Seriously? I find it one of the best voice acting games of Daedelic! Especially comparing the protagonist’s voice to others, like Sadwick from The Whispered World f.e.

Yeah the voice acting is good to me too. Especially the young boy, he comes off youthful and naive but not annoying. My only issue with the voice acting is the recording of the audio and the mixing.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 02 October 2023 04:01 AM

Thanks for the trivia. You really are something else. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 01 October 2023 07:00 PM

And before I typed in the Google, “What Chinese year is now?”, I knew the answer:
This year is the year of Rabbit, predicted to be the year of hope – starting from January 22, 2023 and ending on February 9, 2024

I firmly believe that we will have this playthrough finished before the February 9, 2024. We are good.  Smile

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2022-05-10

PM

I’ve installed the game and gotten all the way into Mousewood. 

The game is indeed charming, seems rather reminiscent of the old Winnie the Pooh cartoons for me.  As far as Daedalic games go, I’ve played the first Deponia (quite enjoyed it) and also Leaves-The Journey (interesting but head-scratching).

I fully intend to keep pace with this CPT.  I eventually did get all the way through Black Mirror about 2 weeks after everyone else (the last one I tried).  It’s tough to stay on course on a full-time musician’s schedule but it looks like my October is evening out all right.

Thank you Sefir for hosting and everyone else for their insights.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I have arrived to Mousewood, whose inhabitants seem charming. I played the tutorial (Daedalic knows how to make fun tutorials).

I think Jerry’s voice is good. Not always young characters are voiced properly. Jerry’s mum is a different story, though…

I love the art and the music, but I sometimes the music is way louder than Rabbit’s voice. I thought it was a problem with my configuration, but I read someone else complained about that.

Anyway, I am ready for the adventure!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

walas74 - 03 October 2023 12:20 AM

Well, I have arrived to Mousewood, whose inhabitants seem charming. I played the tutorial (Daedalic knows how to make fun tutorials).

I think Jerry’s voice is good. Not always young characters are voiced properly. Jerry’s mum is a different story, though…

I love the art and the music, but I sometimes the music is way louder than Rabbit’s voice. I thought it was a problem with my configuration, but I read someone else complained about that.

Anyway, I am ready for the adventure!

Yep music is really great, but had to turn it way down. Sometimes the rabbit seems to whisper his lines as well. I completed the 1st day in mousewood. Cant wait to see what yall think.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Welcome everyone to the glorious town of Mousewood!!!
We already had a taste to what awaits us!!
Jerry managed to find the famous Marquis De Hoto, became his apprentice, get his own magic wand, and learn about different worlds and portals!! We even met a giant toad in the way! Smile

He (we) also learned a new move, aka the hotspot detector by using our magic coin. It is a crucial feature that you will 100% need.

So, what are you waiting for?? Go and explore Mousewood!! Talk with everyone!!! Help everyone!! There are many chores preperations that need to be done!!
This chapter will give you teh chance to familiarize with both the surroundings and the game itself. I believe that 10 days (until the 13th of October), will be more than enough to finish the preperations for the famed festival.

This chapter has many riddles, the grand majority of them of the inventory variety. I do not expect anyone to get stuck, but if that happens, we are here.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Sefir - 03 October 2023 10:29 AM

Welcome everyone to the glorious town of Mousewood!!!
We already had a taste to what awaits us!!
Jerry managed to find the famous Marquis De Hoto, became his apprentice, get his own magic wand, and learn about different worlds and portals!! We even met a giant toad in the way! Smile

He (we) also learned a new move, aka the hotspot detector by using our magic coin. It is a crucial feature that you will 100% need.

So, what are you waiting for?? Go and explore Mousewood!! Talk with everyone!!! Help everyone!! There are many chores preperations that need to be done!!
This chapter will give you teh chance to familiarize with both the surroundings and the game itself. I believe that 10 days (until the 13th of October), will be more than enough to finish the preperations for the famed festival.

This chapter has many riddles, the grand majority of them of the inventory variety. I do not expect anyone to get stuck, but if that happens, we are here.

I got stuck once but i was able to figure it out. I got stuck because Jerry clued something that wasn’t exactly accurate yet. That actually happens twice in this chapter. he’ll give you a clue that doesn’t have anything to do with anything at that present moment in the game.

Also I greatly enjoyed chapter one but if you do not like the world or lore building, or the characters this might be a slog for you, because there’s not much narrative thrust at all in the first chapter. just one long fetch Quest chain of puzzles. But for me, since I did love all that stuff, I didn’t mind it near as bad as i have in other games

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 October 2023 11:06 AM

Also I greatly enjoyed chapter one….

Be patient!! You are going too fast!! In that pace you will have the game finished in about a week. The point is that we play the game together!!....

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

How do we know we must stop for this chapter?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Sefir - 03 October 2023 11:17 AM

Be patient!! You are going too fast!! In that pace you will have the game finished in about a week. The point is that we play the game together!!....

that’s cool I’ll play at my own pace, so I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself enjoy the playthrough

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

walas74 - 03 October 2023 11:21 AM

Hi!

How do we know we must stop for this chapter?

You will explicitly be told by Marquis that you finished the preperations.
But if you want visual clues as well, stop as soon as you enter The Hall of Apprentices.

Jdawg445 - 03 October 2023 11:44 AM
Sefir - 03 October 2023 11:17 AM

that’s cool I’ll play at my own pace, so I’ll just keep my thoughts to myself enjoy the playthrough

I mean, you can play at whatever pace you like and commentary is always welcome, it is just that I would like the majority of the participants to play with a specific pace, both to be able to help each other and share exxperiences from each chapter…..

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I forgot to mention that there is a BIG number of collectibles in the game. Stickers and dewdrops!! Not visible by the coin ofc. For the extreme completionists, there is a sticker in the prologue chapter too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top