• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2023 looks good!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

This year is looking very good indeed.

-Rosewater
-Old Skies
-Season of the Warlock
-The Night is Grey
-Eldritch House
-Verne: The Shape of Fantasy
-Aboard the Adventure
-The Abandoned Planet
-Mercury Abbey
-The Wolf is Dead
-Foolish Mortals
-Slender Threads
-Murder on Space Station 52
-Loco Motive
-Between Horizons
-Cradlemoor
-Schrodinger’s Catgirl
-Prim
-Port Valley
-Spirit of Midnight
-Scene Investigators
-Rauniot
-Asylum (It has to be released at some point, right?)

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Mark which one of these options will happen first:

a) Blackenrock will be released
b) Asylum will be released
c) Putin will say he is sorry
d) You are kidding right?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

this might be a very specific game to be enthusiastic about, but i’m pretty excited to return to Shadowgate.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

If it’s going to be REAL retro then a mouse wouldn’t be allowed and you’d need to move an incredibly sloooowwww cursor across the screen to the little box next to USE then move it to the box next to DAGGER then move it to the goblin. All while struggling each time to get the cursor exactly where it’s meant to be and overall taking no less than an entire minute to do all this.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ah, I’d be more interested in Beyond Shadowgate if it was done in the same style as the remake they did a couple of years ago. I really liked that one, though I’ve always felt I’m one of the few people who did. What I find really interesting in the remake is, that it actually gives you a solid reason to play it on harder difficulty modes, as it adds more puzzles and even a couple of story beats you don’t see on easy modes.

Not that it omits anything of the story on easy difficulty, it just fleshes out some additional stuff as a reward if you play harder modes.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It’s going to be done in the style of these games, which i thoroughly enjoyed: https://itch.io/profile/grahfmetal

I also liked the modernized, reimagining of the classic Shadowgate, with the additional/reworked puzzles and the more contemporary big screen graphics, though i somewhat prefer the NES palette.

The biggest draw for me is the lore and atmosphere: Shadowgate has always been clever with dropping little bits and pieces about the world with no direct relation to the game in question, like this:

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

another trailer that managed to stir up some excitement in my disenchanted ghostly existence:

i’ve only played bits of the first game, which made me realize i was too depressed to feel what it did evoke.

again, this is personal, but on a different level than Shadowgate - the looks she goes through, that was me. That scene on the bridge with the train - i used to do that! smaller city, but whatever, i still remember the trembling of steel when a train sped past.

still curious about Dreams in the Witch House because of its style and approach to Lovecraft. More Weird Tales less bleaky horror and eugenics.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It just occurred to me that Near-Mage should come out this year. It’s Stuck in Attics follow-up for Gibbous and looks fantastic. Even when not considering their budget, they put some bigger devs to shame in terms of art and animation quality.

Near-Mage

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

oh yeah, looks promising.

i wonder if it’ll deliver on the substance as well as the style. It has the latter in spades, but content-wise, i’m not exactly sure. The game promises to be narrative-heavy with rpg-elements and it aims to appeal to hardcore players of the genre and newcomers alike.

Does look like a game that might spark some interest outside of the AG bubble.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

slice of life game:

Set in rural Indonesia in the 1990s, A Space for the Unbound’s interactive narrative embraces magical realism as the townsfolk face their innermost struggles. Starring Atma and Raya, two high school sweethearts bound by their teeming creativity, the duo embarks on a journey to uplift those around them as the threat of a comet collision looms in the distance.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jabod - 18 January 2023 10:09 AM

You may be disappointed (or not) to know that EQ Studios are having a Kickstarter campaign for Scene Investigators starting 24th January. The good news about it is so that they can complete the game that they want it to be. Given how good Painscreek Killings was (in my opinion of course Smile ) I’m hopeful that their roadmap is clearly delineated but we’ll see what they put up on the 24th.

Kickstarter is now live and should make its target very easily.

Scene Investigations Kickstarter

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice! Might have to check it out on the strength of The Painscreek Killings.

lukewarm take: i hope there’s more to it than meets the eye. TPK was really elevated by way of its setting. Mechanically it was somewhat repetitive, some environmental cues, interspersed with a lot of finding and matching up keys and doors, walking, reading, walking, deciphering numerical codes. The investigation was more about the study of characters in relation to each other and that really hit home for me.

It looks like they expanded and improve on the puzzles, which sounds good, but also more like a series of realistic escape rooms.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2023-01-24

PM

walas74 - 21 January 2023 05:59 AM

Here is my humble contribution:

This is a solid list for my taste. Thanks!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Vegetable Party - 24 January 2023 03:22 PM

Nice! Might have to check it out on the strength of The Painscreek Killings.

lukewarm take: i hope there’s more to it than meets the eye. TPK was really elevated by way of its setting. Mechanically it was somewhat repetitive, some environmental cues, interspersed with a lot of finding and matching up keys and doors, walking, reading, walking, deciphering numerical codes. The investigation was more about the study of characters in relation to each other and that really hit home for me.

It looks like they expanded and improve on the puzzles, which sounds good, but also more like a series of realistic escape rooms.

Not escape rooms, crime scenes. And you’re supposed to crack every single case based on the evidence you find. I’ve played the demo in one of the Steam events, and though I’ve failed it miserably because I’ve misinterpreted an item, I’ve had fun.

On another note, I’ve just seen that A Little Less Desperation is finished, but the developers are still looking for a publisher. I hope they find one soon.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/576775592/a-little-less-desperation-a-point-and-click-advent/posts

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 January 2023 08:37 PM

slice of life game:

Set in rural Indonesia in the 1990s, A Space for the Unbound’s interactive narrative embraces magical realism as the townsfolk face their innermost struggles. Starring Atma and Raya, two high school sweethearts bound by their teeming creativity, the duo embarks on a journey to uplift those around them as the threat of a comet collision looms in the distance.

put my last couple of bucks into this; 0 regrets. it’s already defrosting my heart and i feel the story might go some places.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top