• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games to look forward to in 2024

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Doom - 17 December 2023 02:16 PM

Asylum, a 100% masterpiece which is definitely coming next year Money Mouth

“Estimated delivery Dec 2013”

LittleRose - 18 December 2023 05:30 AM

-Octopus City Blues

Maybe we should make a bet or something to see which of those two will be released sooner. Unless they are going to do something truly magical in the last few days of the year, both of those games will be over a decade behind their estimated delivery date.

“I can hold my breath for 10 years!”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Let’s add SpaceVenture (the official release) on the list, as surely they can now release it as it’s easy thing to port their archaic Unity version code to a new version of Unity like they are doing now. I mean, what could go wrong?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s nothing new to add from me for anticipated games next year but just sorry to hear that Technobabylon 2 is not on the horizon & my thoughts are with the developer.

Otherwise:
Broken Sword - Parzival’s Stone
Old skies
Rise of the Golden Idol
The Wolf among Us 2
Rosewater
Captain Disaster and the Worlds of Riskara
Death of the Reprobate
Foolish Mortals

..& possibly Harold Halibut

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

GateKeeper - 18 December 2023 10:25 AM

-Octopus City Blues

Maybe we should make a bet or something to see which of those two will be released sooner. Unless they are going to do something truly magical in the last few days of the year, both of those games will be over a decade behind their estimated delivery date.

Nah, I will put my money on The Last Crown: Blackenrock…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

GateKeeper - 18 December 2023 10:25 AM

-Octopus City Blues

According to Steam, Octopus City Blues is going to be released in the second quarter of 2024. The developer has been quite lively on twitter (I refuse to call it X) since the last Steam Next Fest. So, I’m confident about this one.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1192230/Octopus_City_Blues/

Asylum, on the other hand, has been almost done for more than a year now. Whatever that means.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lol It Has Been Almost Done sounds like a great name for a book about the history of the Asylum (non)development. Also looking towards Octopus City Blues though, seems like they will make it after all.

Baron_Blubba - 17 December 2023 09:02 PM

Ah! I forgot about Heir of the Dog! This will be a release-day purchase for me. Lucy Dreaming was one of my favorite games of 2022, adventure or otherwise. Sooo funny, excellent story, brilliant ending, challenging, likeable characters, imaginative, really nothing not to love. So yeah, can’t wait for Heir of the Dog. Maybe I’ll replay Lucy again while I wait.

I didn’t even know about it, wonderful news indeed! Lucy Dreaming was an absolute delight, and this one looks just as good. If there’s a developer who can claim his games are similar to those by LucasArts, it’s Tall Story Games.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Unfortunately, it looks like I was too hasty thinking Heir of the Dog would be released next year. I just checked the discussions on the Steam page and the dev says they’re expecting a 2025 release.

Meanwhile, a replay of Lucy Dreaming sounds like a good idea to pass the time!

AKA Charo

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, It’s just a thought, but what if we play Lucy Dreaming as a CPT? I haven’t played it yet, and you just made me envious…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked Lucy at first but the game had far too much moon logic for my taste. I stopped playing when I had to resort to a WT for the solution to the berries puzzle.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I’m looking forward to foolish Mortals. mostly because I find the concept interesting and the devs seem to take the criticism on the chin and actually are trying to fix people’s complaints. Will that ultimately make a great game, I don’t know but it makes me want to give them a chance

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I totally agee with you.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-10-04

PM

For me, top ten of expected adventures in 2024 is:

1. Broken Sword 6: Parzival’s Stone
2. Foolish Mortals
3. Rosewater
4. Old Skies
5. Phonopolis
6. The Season of the Warlock
7. The Wolf Among Us 2
8. The Rise of the Golden Idol
9. Cradlemoor
10. Loco Motive

Of course, it is still not sure if they will really come out in 2024.

I have also tried to make a list of adventures in progress (usually date of publication not sure yet).

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

When I look at the upcoming video games (not only adventures), I wonder who is going to buy and play all this stuff. Lots of boring, annoying content, proof of bad taste, wrong focus and a completely different target audience. It reminds you of what’s going wrong in the film industry too. At the same time, it’s great that there are also other good video games being released.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

jsfx - 05 January 2024 08:46 AM

When I look at the upcoming video games (not only adventures), I wonder who is going to buy and play all this stuff. Lots of boring, annoying content, proof of bad taste, wrong focus and a completely different target audience. It reminds you of what’s going wrong in the film industry too. At the same time, it’s great that there are also other good video games being released.

if i look at the games I have been playing and enjoying a lot of them are older games. they’re still some new ones that are coming out that seem interesting. we got our son a PS5 because he really wanted one and he loves it but I have watched him play and I’m thinking, there is no need for me to upgrade my PlayStation 4 anytime soon. there’s still a hundred games I have yet to play that seems interesting to me. Heck I got four games on my PlayStation hard drive right now that need to be completed, everything from Persona 5 Strikers to Lost judgment. I got games in my drawer that still have shrink wrap on them that are two years old that I need to get to.

I got to start finishing some these games. I don’t know what it is, there could be even games that I’m enjoying but for some reason I put them down and never pick them up again.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Jdawg445 - 05 January 2024 09:32 AM

I got to start finishing some these games. I don’t know what it is, there could be even games that I’m enjoying but for some reason I put them down and never pick them up again.

An excellent point.
I’ve been in the same boat for a year or two now but I’ve developed a theory that I can, hopefully, prove to myself after the 12th January. This can only apply to myself (whether it works or not) but might point a way for others. Anyway. I’ve been wondering if it’s down to my deteriorating eyesight. I’ve worn glasses for 50 years this year but haven’t had them tested for more than 7 years and I’ve known my vision has changed for quite some time. So last Tuesday I took myself off for an eye test and new glasses duly prescribed (since I’m no longer a biker I’ve gone for varifocals so only one pair now instead of 3). My left eye is definitely worse than my right and I’ve got cataracts starting in both eyes. But the difference in my sight when I looked through both lens prescriptions was amazing; the clarity and sharpness of the test board was so good I actually said “blimey!” It takes a short while to adjust to varifocals apparently but I’m hopeful, once said adjustment is made, that I’ll be able to focus (ha-ha!) on games better than I have been doing for quite some time and therefore will play to completion.
It’s purely theory but I’ll update in a couple of weeks as to how things go and, who knows, the result might be of use to others Smile

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top