• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Return to Monkey island by Ron Gilbert : 19 september 2022

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Jdawg445 - 04 April 2022 04:46 PM
walas74 - 04 April 2022 01:27 PM

But if the game is going to be released this year (and I will believe it when I see it), it means they have been developing it for some time. It’s incredible there were no leaks about that.

I guess 2022 Aggies will rock!

Been in development for 2 yrs supposedly

Yeah, it’s amazing that nobody let the cat out the bag.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Oh my God it’s happening, it’s happening!

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I really hope it’s not that style of “paper doll” graphics shown in the trailer. I’ve never really liked that style, and I don’t think it’s befitting of a MI game.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

walas74 - 04 April 2022 06:33 PM

Not sure that’s entirely true. There have been rumors and April Fool’s jokes about this for years. The fact that they were able to keep rumors as rumors is astounding, Then Ta Da! the rumors are confirmed as facts is equally astounding. Also astounding will be the fact that they are going to produce the game within their lifetime.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

walas74 - 04 April 2022 06:33 PM

For sure, I think that’s down to something Ron mentioned in his MI3 blog post about a smaller, tight knit, dev team.

Amazing surprise and way to announce this. I love that it’s this year too. We’ll all be playing a new Monkey Island within a matter of months!

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Charophycean - 04 April 2022 07:21 PM

I really hope it’s not that style of “paper doll” graphics shown in the trailer. I’ve never really liked that style, and I don’t think it’s befitting of a MI game.

I’m very excited about this but yeah…I’m not quite sold on the art style yet. It’s just a little too clean and sterile for my tastes and lacking in the grit that I like in the original two games. But man, I can’t complain, I’m just glad this exists.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I’m so happy this is real. I can’t believe Disney is letting Ron Gilbert use the Monkey Island license. 2022 is definitely the year of dreams.

Since 2022 is shaping up to be the year of dreams, let’s all hope that Phil Spencer gets in touch with Jane Jensen to start making Gabriel Knight 4.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If Gilbert wants to settle “old ghosts” and continue “where Monkey Island 2 left off”, I’m not interested. However, knowing what kind of genius Gilbert is, I sincerely hope he’ll accept Monkey Island 3 (one of the, if not the best adventure game ever made) and even Monkey Island 4. Seeing Murray in the trailer hints exactly that. Tales of MI were always like a spin-off in an episodic manner anyway, and while I have nothing against it, he doesn’t have to follow to that one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

diego - 05 April 2022 04:42 AM

Seeing Murray in the trailer hints exactly that.

I think Ron mentioned somewhere that Murray was the only thing from CMI worthy of his Monkey Island legacy. And Tales was the only sequel that involved Grossman as a designer (at least I think he was in the credits), it would be weird to accept Curse and Escape, but not that one. Somehow I believe they will completely ignore all those later sequels, only the game will be published as a “lost chapter” of sorts that happened between Revenge and Curse and doesn’t contradict any of the events that followed, maybe even feature some characters like Murray during his pirate days to tie up loose ends.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

TheLongestJourney - 05 April 2022 02:27 AM

I’m so happy this is real. I can’t believe Disney is letting Ron Gilbert use the Monkey Island license. 2022 is definitely the year of dreams.

Since 2022 is shaping up to be the year of dreams, let’s all hope that Phil Spencer gets in touch with Jane Jensen to start making Gabriel Knight 4.

All we need now is Blackenrock and Asylum to be finished this year Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

diego - 05 April 2022 04:42 AM

If Gilbert wants to settle “old ghosts” and continue “where Monkey Island 2 left off”, I’m not interested. However, knowing what kind of genius Gilbert is, I sincerely hope he’ll accept Monkey Island 3 (one of the, if not the best adventure game ever made) and even Monkey Island 4. Seeing Murray in the trailer hints exactly that. Tales of MI were always like a spin-off in an episodic manner anyway, and while I have nothing against it, he doesn’t have to follow to that one.

I personally agree with this I think Monkey Island 3 is more of a pure sequel to Monkey Island one than MI2 ever was in tone, characters, humor and story. Plus when voice acting was introduced in Monkey Island 3 these are the voices that I imagined the characters would have, perfect casting.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TheLongestJourney - 05 April 2022 02:27 AM

Actually I can, Disney is looking for Content. I even heard rumors that if this is a successful game, be on the lookout for a Monkey Island TV show on Disney Plus. The streaming Wars are a real thing where billions of dollars are getting spent.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I don’t think it would be *too* complicated to slot this one between MI2 and MI3 without breaking continuity. There would be limitations on the relationships between the characters, but spatially, all that needs to happen is for Guybrush to begin the game on a bumper car boat and end the game back on a bumper car boat. What happens between MI2 and MI3 is pretty ambiguous, or at least blank, if I recall correctly.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Baron_Blubba - 05 April 2022 11:14 AM

What happens between MI2 and MI3 is pretty ambiguous, or at least blank, if I recall correctly.

You’d run into some problems with returning characters like Murry.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oh man, I haven’t been this excited for an adventure game in years! Just hearing the first few notes of MI theme made me all nostalgic. And Murray still rocks.
Can’t wait!

Also, since no one commented on it yet, I really like the art style. So different from previous games in the series. Love it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top