• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyDaleJdawg445My Dunezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 81: The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m obviously playing using a YouTube walkthrough. Surgery is set for March 4, so I hope to use the mouse with full functionality soon after that. In the mean time, here are my
Chapter Two answers:

1. How did you respond to Crane about Snow’s death? Silence
2. How did you treat the murder suspect? I used some force, but not to the extreme that Bluebeard was prepare to use.
3. Did you let Snow come with you to the trip trap? I let her decide.
4. How did you handle Georgie Porgie? No violence.
5. Did you keep punching Beast when he was down? He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Only sufficient force to get him under control.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Another nice episode. The lack of puzzles is quite relaxing. Playing this game is like watching a tv series. Which is good if you dont want challenge and not that good if you are not in to that type of games. Choices though and the story twists keeps this enjoyable.
My choices

1. How did you respond to Crane about Snow’s death? Me and 60.9% sympathized with him. I dont even remember this choice. Didnt feel important while playing.
2. How did you treat the murder suspect? Me and 62.4% persuaded him to talk. Somehow i have the feeling that not using violence will have the same result as using it so i prefer not to use where i can.
3. Did you let Snow come with you to the trip trap? Me and 91.9% let her make her own desicion. It seems almost everyone made that choice. Its the most reasonable way to treat a woman, to let her decide for herself.
4. How did you handle Georgie Porgie? Me and 69.9% of players didnt hit Georgie. Same as choice 2. No reason to use violence.
5. Did you keep punching Beast when he was down? Me and 77.8% of players opted not to hit Beast a second time. Well i didnt wanna hit him at all but i think the first hit is unavoidable. Well you allready know that he acts like this because of jealousy so no reason to twist the knife.

Its interesting how i made the most popular choices. I guess i play the safe way.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Going to post tomorrow. Again, please don’t wait for me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m behind too & will catch up over the weekend.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey Guys. I am absolutely swamped with work at the moment so haven’t managed to get episode 3 underway on time - apologies all.

However, work can’t last for ever, so look out for the start of EP 3 tonight!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, slightly delayed, but now we can get back on track with Episode 3.

We learned more in Episode 2 and went a little into the darker side of Fabletown. Clearly life there is no fairy story. Of the fables we’ve met some have seemed nice people in tight situations, some have been rude and obnoxious, some despicable and unlikable but pretty much all well acted and interesting.

Indeed, the level of polish on pretty much all of this game is one of the things that really stands out for me.

Even the landing/menu screen where you can kick the game off has Bigby prowling around with eyes and cigarette end occasionally glowing as a number of shadowy people walk or push past him. I love the fact that you can make out the silhouettes that pass him as characters from the game, all of whom seem to ignore him except for one poignant look thrown towards him. Lovely touch.

As we left Episode 2 on another gruesome discovery so, in Episode 3, it feels like Bigby may have something more to go after. Or someone. Or someones. Nothing is ever easy in the life of the Big Bad Wolf and trouble is sure to come from old and new characters alike.

I know one or two have some catching up to do and I’m hoping to catch up on some of the recent comments too, so let’s plan to start Episode 4 on Friday 9 February.

I’ll post the choices separately this time as I’m now knackered and looking forward to bed!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I suppose if should not be surprised that an episodic adventure would think it necessary to recap the prior episode before embarking on the next. But are we really playing an episodic game any more? Also not sure I understand the reason for the first section of “episode 3” being a stand alone entity before the title screen announcing the real beginning of the episode.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 04 February 2024 12:56 PM

I suppose if should not be surprised that an episodic adventure would think it necessary to recap the prior episode before embarking on the next. But are we really playing an episodic game any more? Also not sure I understand the reason for the first section of “episode 3” being a stand alone entity before the title screen announcing the real beginning of the episode.

I don’t understand it either, but the third episode is not an exception. The scene with Woody, Toad, Faith is the intro to the first episode. The title screen in the second episode appears after the scene with Crane in the car and the interrogation in the basement.

My actions in episode 2:
1. How did you respond to Crane about Snow’s death? I just let him talk. Hope that made him feel uncomfortable.
2. How did you treat the murder suspect? Okay I guess. Didn’t hit Woody.
3. Did you let Snow come with you to the trip trap? Yes, but regretted it later. I don’t know how everything would have played out without Snow.
4. How did you handle Georgie Porgie? Kept my cool.
5. Did you keep punching Beast when he was down? No way.

I have a few questions.
Question 1: In Crane and Snow’s office there’s a clickable ship. Is that a reference to a fairy tale perhaps?
Question 2: After Toad and TJ left I asked the mirror what they had been watching, but I’m also curious if the mirror knew Snow wasn’t really dead. Only one choice possible, the other options are no longer available. Ggrr. I couldn’t find the answer on youtube either. Does anybody know?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 04 February 2024 10:16 PM

I don’t understand it either, but the third episode is not an exception. The scene with Woody, Toad, Faith is the intro to the first episode. The title screen in the second episode appears after the scene with Crane in the car and the interrogation in the basement.

I was only using Episode 3 as an example. Yes, they happened in the first two episodes as well. But now, with Episode 3, I realize they were not an anomaly.

Edit: Maybe it’s a Telltale thing. I’ve never played a Telltale game before, so I don’t know if this is their style.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Almost forgot, here are the choices for Episode 3:

1. Did you interrupt Snow’s Eulogy?
2. What place did you investigate first?
3. Did you make a deal with Jack?
4. Did you offer Flycatcher a job?
5. Did you burn Greenleaf’s tree?
6. Did you kill Tweedle Dum?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 05 February 2024 12:44 PM

Edit: Maybe it’s a Telltale thing. I’ve never played a Telltale game before, so I don’t know if this is their style.

I don’t like it when credits are breaking my immersion. On the plus side, a long intro scene promises a nice long episode.

I took a screenshot of the beautiful, creepy ship in the office, that flies toward you when you look at it. Reminds me of the Flying Dutchman, but I bet other countries have their own ghost ships.

The entire background in the office with the hanging man (what’s that about?) is sinister as hell.

I found the answer to my second question. The mirror did know Show wasn’t dead.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Karlok - 05 February 2024 09:26 PM

Wow, good thinking, I don’t think I’ve ever asked that before. I guess you probably wouldn’t unless you’d already played through the game, but it’s a nice little touch for sure.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I will probably play Episode 3 tonight as I finally ended testing Yes, Your Grace translation…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This may seem too far fetched, but if you remember the Disney movie, the mirror always knew what Snow White was doing. I’m not sure how to extrapolate that factoid to this game. Curious to know how you got your answer since auto-save doesn’t let you go back to explore a different path.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 07 February 2024 04:03 PM

This may seem too far fetched, but if you remember the Disney movie, the mirror always knew what Snow White was doing.

I have not watched the Disney movie but it makes perfect sense that the mirror knows where she is. It knows everybody’s whereabouts anyway.

Here’s the mirror’s literal reply to Bigby’s question.
Bigby: You knew the whole time Snow was alive, didn’t you.
Mirror: Possibly so, but the moment has passed, you didn’t rhyme, and you never asked.

I take that as a yes. Smile

I’m not sure how to extrapolate that factoid to this game. Curious to know how you got your answer since auto-save doesn’t let you go back to explore a different path.

An old save file from 2018, which I discovered only later (because the annoying saving system doesn’t show you all your saves at once). I only had to replay TJ’s interrogation about Lily’s body.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top