• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445zane

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

YES!!!
I DID IT!!!

Half-following Driver-8’s instructions, half-following Zobraks’s instructions and half-clicking every button available while cursing loudly the PC Gods did the trick. Smile
Now I can finally play TSB in Win 7, with my save file well secured and without any kind of emulation or bugs in Deven’s Emp-Tel (the super-fast panning is still here by the way, but I am used to it…).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Christ, I hope I don’t run into that bug. Seems like a lot of trouble to bypass it… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I played the game the first time on my XP and didn’t run into this idiotic bug. Win7 is safe as well.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems that Windows 98 (emulated or not) is the most prone to this bug. Funny thing, the first time I played it in emulated Windows 98 environment, no problems occured. Perhaps there are different versions of windows 98….

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 13 November 2012 06:42 AM

Seems that Windows 98 (emulated or not) is the most prone to this bug. Funny thing, the first time I played it in emulated Windows 98 environment, no problems occured. Perhaps there are different versions of windows 98….

Frak!
I’m playing it in an emulated Windows 98 environment… Frown

I just finished Cilia’s emp-tel. I’m going to start Deven-7’s tonight to see if this bug occurs or not. If it does, then I’ll have time to try and work around it…
When exactly does it occur in the emp-tel?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

There is a PC in the Emp-Tel. It’s screen is cut from the right, so that a clicking option is unavailable. Fien had a shot taken and posted it in a thread about the bug in the Tech- support Forums here:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/726/#8916
The “include on team” option is ok in this image, but if the bug occurs it won’t. As a result, you will be unaible to select any partners of yours from the “include” list…
At least, Deven’s Emp-Tel is IMO the easiest one by far…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Joy! The bug occurs… Shifty Eyed

Guess I’ll be continuing this in an unemulated environment after all… Meh

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

First of all, save your TSB save file (SPACEBAR.SAV) in your real hard disk [(either your emulator has the ability to move files from the VHD to the real HD and Visa-versa, or you use a very useful win 7 option (Open Start Menu, right-click on Computer and click Manage. Click on Disk Management. Click Action -> Attach VHD and specify the external hard disk location on your computer)]

After that, follow driver-8’s instructions (yes, back to the beggining of the thread!).
Finally, copy your previously saved TSB save file into the new installed location.

It worked for me (win 7 64-bit).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 14 November 2012 01:25 AM

First of all, save your TSB save file (SPACEBAR.SAV) in your real hard disk [(either your emulator has the ability to move files from the VHD to the real HD and Visa-versa, or you use a very useful win 7 option (Open Start Menu, right-click on Computer and click Manage. Click on Disk Management. Click Action -> Attach VHD and specify the external hard disk location on your computer)]

After that, follow driver-8’s instructions (yes, back to the beggining of the thread!).
Finally, copy your previously saved TSB save file into the new installed location.

It worked for me (win 7 64-bit).

Thanks! Driver-8’s instructions did the trick!

The Attach VHD-option is Windows 7 (and newer) only, so no luck there. But the VirtualPC lets me share folders with my actual hard disk, so I could copy the file that way.

I’m now back in business… (Literally, as it’s Deven-7’s emp-tel I’m in… Tongue)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

After a bit of trial-and-error and after first figuring out how the computer worked (which was the hardest part), I’ve completed Deven-7’s emp-tel.

When exploring the bar a bit afterwards (yes, I know I’m getting ahead of the playthrough slightly), I found that the game tends to crash on me quite frequently (especially during dialogues), so I’ve reverted back to running the game in an emulated environment. That also has the nice bonus that the background music is not as loud, and that the panning is slightly slower…

I’m going to wait now (right after Deven-7’s emp-tel) until everyone’s caught up and we get the go-ahead to continue…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Hehe… this playthrough is now four months old. I don’t think it’s possible to get ahead of it. You and Sefir are the only ones still struggling.  Wink

The next emp-tel will be the robot. But first you have to explore the scenic bar that opens at 19:50 and do all kinds of things to protect yourself against the shapeshifter. Not the easiest part of the game.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fien - 16 November 2012 08:35 AM

Hehe… this playthrough is now four months old. I don’t think it’s possible to get ahead of it. You and Sefir are the only ones still struggling.  Wink

The next emp-tel will be the robot. But first you have to explore the scenic bar that opens at 19:50 and do all kinds of things to protect yourself against the shapeshifter. Not the easiest part of the game.

I seriously hope that Lady K, diego and harald still play it. As for myself, I have survived from the shapeshifter so far and I obtained a very…interesting disk and wait for the robot Emp-Tel.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 16 November 2012 08:35 AM

You and Sefir are the only ones still struggling.  Wink

I heard that.

I’m just waiting for a good moment to continue as I’ll spend another half a day trying to drop the fruit. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m so far behind I think I’m first.  I started to play a little bit of the soldier yesterday, but I had a gazillion other things to do and didn’t get very far.  It has been so long since I played this that I was just getting myself oriented again.  Rabafratzen egg!  Tongue

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Those that are still playing: how far along are you?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top