• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

So Inspired substitution or just luck.

2 saves and 4 perfect penalties and the Dutch are through.

They had all the possession etc in the game, but the blooming made it difficult.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Erwin_Br - 05 July 2014 06:37 PM

No, it’s genius.

Apparently so. Gasp

Actually, why wasn’t Krul the first choice keeper from the start? And why isn’t Stekelenburg even selected???

Edit: isn’t Vorm the third keeper? Doesn’t he have a reputation as a great penalty stopper? Why not him instead of Krul?

Van Gaal works in mysterious ways. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6599

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

So

Brazil vs Germany
Argentina vs Holland

Imagine a Germany v Holland final, what a grudge match that would be.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TimovieMan - 05 July 2014 06:48 PM
Erwin_Br - 05 July 2014 06:37 PM

No, it’s genius.

Apparently so. Gasp

Actually, why wasn’t Krul the first choice keeper from the start?

Edit: isn’t Vorm the third keeper? Doesn’t he have a reputation as a great penalty stopper? Why not him instead of Krul?

No, Krul is our penalty stopper, Cilissen is a better overall keeper.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 05 July 2014 06:48 PM

Not at Newcastle he doesn’t 2 saves out of 20 penalties.

Maybe Van Gaal sent him on with orders to get the the strikers face and wind them up, thinking if he got a yellow card he could sacrifice his No2 keeper for the semi final.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 05 July 2014 06:56 PM

Maybe Van Gaal sent him on with orders to get the the strikers face and wind them up, thinking if he got a yellow card he could sacrifice his No2 keeper for the semi final.

But you could also throw in an extra attacker with 10-15 minutes left on the clock and try to avoid penalties altogether.

Given how this turned out, the keeper switch is genius, but couldn’t a more fresh attacker have actually finished off one of the many great chances they amassed near the end???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Deserved win, but Costa Rica had that awesome chance at the end of extra time. Great tournament for them.

Argentina-Netherlands - duel of the divers , only one can prevail

I’m going to predict a Brazil-Argentina final because that’s what Fifa wanted and Germany/Netherlands usually flop around this time, but hey, Van Gaal in a genious maybe this can finally be Netherlands year.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

He did sub Bruno Martins for Huntelaar, though.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 05 July 2014 07:05 PM

Deserved win, but Costa Rica had that awesome chance at the end of extra time. Great tournament for them.

And they were denied one (and possibly two) penalties during the match. But Sneijder was unlucky hitting the woodwork twice, and Robben hitting Van Persie twice, and Van Persie missing the ball twice.

So really, could have been 6-2. Tongue

diego - 05 July 2014 07:06 PM

He did sub Bruno Martins for Huntelaar, though.

Four fresh legs are better than two? Tongue
Speculating on penalties is not something the clear favourite should do. Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 05 July 2014 07:07 PM

Four fresh legs are better than two? Tongue

My guess is that Van Gaal was satisfied with the way things were unfolding, and didn’t really want to change anything (well, apart from the keeper when it was evident it’s going to the penalties). Really, apart from that one quite good chance Costa Rica had, it was obvious that if someone is going to score, it’s gonna be Dutch.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

On a completely different topic , I saw this commercial on TV and it is hilarious Laughing check it out

Total Posts: 7492

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 05 July 2014 07:07 PM

Huh?? If there was one team speculating on penalties it was Costa Rica! I’d say probably from the start. Their chances of scoring were slim and their keeper is very good.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:51 PM

So that tendency i was talking about

Messi will have easy trip to Finals After Swiss, Belgium or USA.

Thats Easy mode on

Edit:

Guessing the FIFA script, Semifinalists will be

Nederland, France/Germany, Messi and Neymar.

Called it so typical , only Neymar didn’t make it Frown

Total Posts: 4296

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top