• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Finished the section and what a time to stop. I forced myself to not play the next chapter.

Did like this part of the game more than previous. Started to getting used to qte, allthough again one chapter i had problems doing the qte, watching the action and reading subtitles at the same time but at least qte wasnt that hard or i m getting better at it.

First two chapters i would say they were more annoying than fun, as trying to control your breath and looking around at the same time is not easy. It does create tension though. Also didnt like the bookstore. I failed the qte with the storekeeper and Somehow after i could check the title of the book only once and luckilly i remembered the title starting from letter c and checked all 3 floors for this letter. But i should have remembered the author or something but couldnt check again the title of the book. You really need to pay attention to details because some of them you can only access once.

Rest of the chapters were the best so far. Agatha chapter was really good and gave some insight to what is happening.

When fighting with the furniture the scene felt endless and i was wondering how many more furniture will attack me.

Then last chapter controlling a half naked Carla while listening to relaxing music felt good. And also solving a puzzle (kinda) was refreshing.

Music is excellent, i really enjoy the soundtrack. I start to like the game and its atmosphere and at this point what annoys me the most is the awkward controlling and cameras and not the qte.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Just got back from Agatha’s after my trip to the bookstore with Tyler.

I liked this location a lot.

Intense Degree - 28 May 2021 03:13 AM

(...)there is something in the way it is presented and in the intention behind it that makes it more than it looks on paper.

Even though most of this chapter was following directions, fetching things and the - in the meantime - familiar QTE, I think the statement above definitely applies. The visual cues in the middle of the screen are a bit distracting, but once I get in the flow, they kind of work for me.

I think there’s a dunking match coming up. Let’s play this fool and clear our tab. Basketball for debt relief!

edit: just strolled through that scene, shot those hoops, great music - smiling the entire time. I think this game might’ve had Michael Scott as a writing consultant. I fully expect a QTE about doing the Scarn at this point. Not even hating, I’m genuinely vibing to this. The different feeling you get from each character is pretty great.

second edit: @Nico2021. Ha! Fighting furniture indeed. Not sure if I can quote text behind spoiler tags, but I agree. Random sidebar: I’ve visited an IKEA twice in my life and this is pretty much how I feel after about an hour and a half.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Music is excellent, i really enjoy the soundtrack. I start to like the game and its atmosphere and at this point what annoys me the most is the awkward controlling and cameras and not the qte.

I completely agree with this, I love the music in this game, it has the most amazing soundtrack, however I also have to agree that the camera angles seem to be bit off and awkward every once in a while, but you do get used to it after a while.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’ve reached the checkpoint. Some good scenes in this section and the qte:s went great. Quite fun actually. I’m still on the easy setting I should add.

Two quibbles:

In the basement with the archive I didn’t mind the new gameplay element of keeping Carla calm with some careful button action. But I did not like that the game changed the basic control scheme for the gamepad during that section, including discarding the “invert axis” setting. Made things harder than they should have been if the controls had worked as in the rest of the game. Can’t understand the reason for this.

At the bookstore I ran around with the book the seller gave me for comparison for a long time and tried to find a hotspot where I had deduced the book he was looking for should be. Turned out I had to leave the book on the desk on the first floor, THEN return to the third floor and pick up the wanted book. Didn’t really make sense to me. And the outcome of the visit to the bookstore was a disappointment, but that may have been me asking the wrong questions. In “normal” adventure games I have a tendency (method?) to start out with the least interesting questions in order not to trigger the advancement of the game before exhausting all possible conversations. I guess that is not advisable in Fahrenheit! Smile

Nico2021 - 30 May 2021 01:57 PM

Music is excellent, i really enjoy the soundtrack.

Can only partly agree. Unlike others here I didn’t care at all for the music on the hi-fi in Lucas’ apartment in earlier chapters. Sounded like typical mid 2000’s American muzak rock to me. I liked the trip-hop music in Carla’s apartment a lot better, although it too sounded a bit cliché and generic. But the “game music soundtrack” itself is brilliant, as should be expected.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I liked the breathtaking chapter. It was oppressive but I think it is a good point for the game, as you feel like Carla. I also liked moving the shelves to advance, good puzzle.

At the library I was also frustrated until I discovered by accident I had to LEEVE the book in order to get the other one. I didn’t understand that. Good reference to Gremlins though.

Agatha’s episode was great. The old lady gave me the creeps but playing the flashbacks was thrilling! A little tiresome having to look for items…

I enjoyed the target practice, it reminded me an arcade game I use to play a lot.

About The Attack Of The Furious Furniture, what can I say, it was one the most stressful moments I have ever experienced in game, probably along with the hardest missions in Starcrfaft or Warcraft. But now that I discovered you must play with both hands on the keyboard, I managed to get past it at the second time!!! The Ikea comment made me laugh, although I love Ikea! By the way, here is a joke about Ikea: it is easier getting out of drug’s adiction than getting out of an Ikea shop…

I didn’t like the basketball game. I gave my best effort to score one miserable point, and I thought “I have to score ten to win?” I lost on purpose. After all, it’s not my money haha

Finally, Carla’s appartment. Does anyone else find curious we can see Carla naked at the shower but when she gets changed the camera moves away with subtelty?
I think there is some chemistry between Carla and her neighbour. And now that Carla and Tyler found out about the bank, and with the suspect portrait, time is running out for Lucas…

Can’t wait for more!!!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m also finished. As expected, the bookstore chapter turned to be much easier than I imagined simply because I missed the book with instructions behind the storekeeper - for some reason I couldn’t get to it immediately and spent like 10 seconds running around that spot before I could finally approach it. But I don’t mind a moment of quiet puzzle solving and no big QTE, same as with the Carla’s apartment. Although I’m not sure whether you could fail it - I managed to make all phone calls, get dressed and check the PC before the neighbour arrived, can only wonder what would’ve happened if I missed one of those things or simply didn’t let him in.

I might be the only one who didn’t enjoy the time spent with old Agatha - found it boring, both her fetch quests and the long, slow QTE session at the cafe. At least some bits of the story were finally revealed. I also had a laugh when at one point I remembered that I’d forgotten to check Agatha’s bathroom for bonus cards and ran back, leaving her with the birds, and she started screaming: “Young man, you can search my apartment later!!”. I also found the police shooting range of the future a bit silly and primitive, especially compared to the one in Blade Runner. Also had trouble at first since I’m playing in a windowed mode and the game became glitchy as soon as I got the gun - a mouse cursor appeared out of nowhere and I started clicking my desktop icons instead of aims. Had to go fullscreen, then it became easy.

I agree that the house with the flying tables was hell of a stress. I’m still playing on the hard mode, and with only 2 lives left I thought I would never make it. But I did on my first try and then was awarded with a new playable character for a couple of minutes (a pretty lousy award tbh, I need more lives). Also the time of that cursed basketball match finally came… And while the number of movements recorded for the game is impressive, and I actually managed to beat him, I still found this part overlong, frustrating and out of place. They could’ve at least made it into a proper arcade, just like with the shooting range. But no, that stupid QTE again - and once again we don’t gain anything from it.

I also have a strange feeling that I’m currently playing against myself - as far as the investigation goes. I mean, I’m trying to do my best both as Lucas and the detectives who are after him. So as Lucas I’m trying to hide as many leads as possible, and as detectives - to uncover all of them. And since Lucas is still my favourite character… do I really need to put all that effort into the investigation? Or should I put them on the wrong track? Is it even possible? Btw I’m also not too impressed with the game’s music, I find many tracks too much of “mainstream movie stuff” even for Angelo Badalamenti. I much preferred the electronic OST by Xavier Despas from Omikron (as well as David Bowie’s contribution).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

We bought a house last week, so I’m currently busy preparing our apartment for sale. I haven’t been able to play any of the current section and suspect that I will fall behind even more. Please don’t wait for me. I’ll play when I can and will write here then.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Walas74: Grin

Pegbiter - 01 June 2021 09:03 AM

We bought a house last week, so I’m currently busy preparing our apartment for sale. I haven’t been able to play any of the current section and suspect that I will fall behind even more. Please don’t wait for me. I’ll play when I can and will write here then.

Congratulations! Best of luck dealing with the sale.

@Doom: I got dressed before Tommy came around with free bottle service. Then I pretended to eat 10 slices of pizza, just for fun. I managed to do all the relevant stuff after he left. I crossed the hallway to get the final clue.. So I think the anwer to the first part of your question is: not much. No idea how the scene would’ve played out if we had left him standing there.

It is a bit strange to be playing against yourself. It works for me: as Lucas, I want to figure out what is happening, as Tyler and Carla, I want to put in the work, figure out the pattern behind these cases and hopefully prevent another murder. I wonder how other people feel about playing both sides. Maybe some of you don’t see it that way at all. Please share, if you like.

What a cliffhanger, Tenebra!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Previously on Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Climactic moments are approaching.

Although Lucas is still trying to get a clearer picture of what is going on, the police situation is moving faster. All the cards seem to be stacked against Lucas Kane, and there is less and less doubt as to who the killer is.  What will Lucas do about it?

It’s time to find out.

Although at first glance it looks like we’re going to play more chapters this time, the truth is that the following chapters are short, but they will be loaded with action scenes. We want to escape, but we also want to catch him, what a dichotomy. Feel the pressure and anxiety build up around each character.

If you’re here, you’ve already made it through the Storm, (which I remember was one of the most difficult sequences for me when I played it years ago), you should have no problem with what’s next.

You can’ t quit now,
You have to keep going.

Time: One week (6/9).
Up to where?: The last two chapters we will play will be the Church and the Laundry. Once you have finished both, stop.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I did manage to finish the last section last night, but am just a little late posting!

It was pretty QTE heavy, but between Easy Mode and being used to the controls it wasn’t too much trouble for me which is a huge improvement on the first time I played this game!

The sheer variety of things which QTE is used for in this game is quite something. From action sequences to investigation (the autopsy) to sport, to reconstructions/visions. I honestly don’t know how I feel about it! I can appreciate all the criticism this game often gets for QTE’s and parts of the game that don’t feel very ‘game-y’ at all, but somehow I’m still on board, interested and looking forwards to what is coming next!

There are things that annoy me about it for sure. It was quite hard to follow exactly what was happening in the ‘Agatha’ reconstruction part as I was so focused on the little coloured shapes that the reconstruction was happening in my periphery, which annoyed me at the time. Thinking about it afterwards, maybe the effect was good as it was a sort of dream like out of body thing, and in a way it did feel that way as doing the QTE’s slightly keeps you in the present while the ‘story’ stuff is happening somewhere near but not quite in clear view.

Also, the gratuitous nudity (what was the point of showing that in the shower?) that makes a David Cage game continues. And the ability for toilet use. That’s definitely where the fun is in games after all! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Intense Degree - 02 June 2021 06:49 AM

Also, the gratuitous nudity (what was the point of showing that in the shower?) that makes a David Cage game continues. And the ability for toilet use.

This will come as a surprise to no one, but I have two theories about that. I’ll save them for after we’ve finished the game, I have a limit on the amount of threads I derail at the same time.

I just finished the first scene for this week. Suspicions have been raised, psycho-mites are falling from the ceiling.. what is going on?

Tenebra mentioned the girl in the visions. I wonder if she’s the key? Does she wander around on different planes of existence, targeting susceptible Shakespeare aficionados?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The sheer variety of things which QTE is used for in this game is quite something. From action sequences to investigation (the autopsy) to sport, to reconstructions/visions. I honestly don’t know how I feel about it! I can appreciate all the criticism this game often gets for QTE’s and parts of the game that don’t feel very ‘game-y’ at all, but somehow I’m still on board, interested and looking forwards to what is coming next!

This is the most QTE I’ve ever played in a game. And I’ve played all the TTC games. Good news is that later releases by this publisher have easier and less frequent QTEs.

Intense Degree - 02 June 2021 10:49 AM
Also, the gratuitous nudity (what was the point of showing that in the shower?) that makes a David Cage game continues. And the ability for toilet use.

That was one of the reasons I purchased the game, in addition, I do like the story too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Finally got to play through all 7 chapters.

I’m starting to think of this game as a very raw and uneven effort (almost palpably a beginning of a writer’s journey), but with lots of heart. Maybe a bit too ambitious but promising and darkly entertaining enough to make a small mark on an adventure community.

I generally liked dealing with Carla’s problem at the archives – it was a brief chapter that showed more of a glance inside one of the characters than moved the story, and it was a nice addition. Tyler’s side of debriefing (however entertaining the old trickster was) left me scratching my head with the fact that he found a piece of paper that fell out of the book even though the forencics already have been through it

I liked the Agatha’s house chapter because for the first time it showed Lucas’ making steps to actually research his seeming possession as opposed to consider everything (or himself) insane and confusing and sort of wallow in it (no blame here). It’s like he finally believed something paranormal/hard to explain can be a reason behind the events and resorted to follow through. I also kinda dig the way we wheeled the lady around for some reason.

I found super janky animations of the bball match hilarious. All the pushes and shoves and hand waving looked even more amusing framed in old graphics. I won, of course, and got the super dramatic ending. Hell, yeah. And I liked Carla’s casual (but serios) convo at the range as well. This is exactly the kinda thing a cop would do if you want to ask them something on the range – I ran into it several times.

Could have totally done without the sequence at Lucas’ place. BUT. I understand that it serves as a showcase for his crumbling mind and feeling helpless in the view of things he doesn’t understand , and also that it’s David Cage and Quantic Dreams’ shtick, so I roll with the flow.

I liked Carla’s apartment (although I didn’t expect teddy bears, and I have no idea why would anyone have their phone so far from their actual desk) I’m also a bit miffed at the fact that I had to follow a certain line of actions in order to solve the mini-puzzle. It would have been cool if they let me solve it right away with Tyler looking at the paper when the light is on , as I did it before any of the other things (which seem bit too convenient anyway).  Really like the taro cards part. Completely forgot about it and was wondering if everyone got different (at least slightly) results. The best thing about this whole chapter though is Citizen Cage poster in her living room. Grin

Looking forward to more game time as we seem to be slowly closing in on the truth.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Just finished the dance sequence. Eh. I just wanted to jam out to some Teddy Pendergrass.

I like Tyler, though. He has the most personality of any character thus far. Dcast mentioned the cop (at the shooting range), I thought that character was well written, voiced and implemented in the scene. Reminded me of the show “Homicide: Life on the Street”.

Anyway, back to the game. We’re getting somewhere. Carla’s at it again. We’re closing in on Lucas, who seems to lack focus at this point in the game.

edit: what in the..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top