• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2022-01-17

PM

Have you guys played Alien: Isolation? I also struggle with horror games, but Alien I really enjoyed. There were a couple of instances where I had to pep talk myself into exiting the locker I was hiding in, but it’s very atmospheric and (imho) a real treat for any fans of the film.

Another dev for another game (I can only apologise!).

Check out Mistmoon Falls, a weird murder mystery set in a Stardew Valley-inspired setting. Or don’t! Choices matter.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684290/Mistmoon_Falls/
https://mistmoonfalls.com

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished Black Mirror 2 which I really enjoyed. It’s the best game I’ve finished this year, great graphics, story, characters, everything.

I am now playing Black Mirror 3 which is the highest rated of the original Black Mirror Trilogy. It seems to be so far, as good as 2 so I should be in for a real treat,

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1688

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

portmantoga - 01 March 2022 05:52 AM

Have you guys played Alien: Isolation? I also struggle with horror games, but Alien I really enjoyed. There were a couple of instances where I had to pep talk myself into exiting the locker I was hiding in, but it’s very atmospheric and (imho) a real treat for any fans of the film.

I really like the game a lot I thought it went on a tad too long and had one too many false endings though

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2022-01-17

PM

Yeah, fair criticism. It does feel like the carrot’s being constantly pulled just out of reach, though perhaps that’s genre-appropriate to some extent.

Another dev for another game (I can only apologise!).

Check out Mistmoon Falls, a weird murder mystery set in a Stardew Valley-inspired setting. Or don’t! Choices matter.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684290/Mistmoon_Falls/
https://mistmoonfalls.com

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 01 March 2022 09:39 AM
portmantoga - 01 March 2022 05:52 AM

I really like the game a lot I thought it went on a tad too long and had one too many false endings though

This was one of the very first VR games ever made. I meet a guy at Starbucks with a Vr system prototype way back when and he let me play it. It was frightening. It was fun. It was amazing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Adv_Lvr - 01 March 2022 08:27 AM

I finished Black Mirror 2 which I really enjoyed. It’s the best game I’ve finished this year, great graphics, story, characters, everything.

I am now playing Black Mirror 3 which is the highest rated of the original Black Mirror Trilogy. It seems to be so far, as good as 2 so I should be in for a real treat,

Heart

No adventure description details topped BMII, the 3-4 initial responses to every spot is how it should be, and even the change of scenery from the first 2 chapters to the rest of the game made it more convenient.
BMIII may be tenser from start but the game seems to end at chapter 4 with two kinda padded last two chapters, if i remember correctly, however, i wouldn’t draw a line between both, they are really one adventure separated into two parts

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I am replaying Lost Horizon, mainly because I saw that I never played Lost Hoerizon 2 to the end, and wanted to sstart fresh from the very beginning.

I like the game, but dislike the ‘superior Englishman, dumb other people’ attitude of the game. But I can look through that to enjoy the game :-)
The puzzles are sometimes far-fetched but good.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Advie - 06 March 2022 02:08 PM
Adv_Lvr - 01 March 2022 08:27 AM

Heart

No adventure description details topped BMII, the 3-4 initial responses to every spot is how it should be, and even the change of scenery from the first 2 chapters to the rest of the game made it more convenient.
BMIII may be tenser from start but the game seems to end at chapter 4 with two kinda padded last two chapters, if i remember correctly, however, i wouldn’t draw a line between both, they are really one adventure separated into two parts

This is very true, even more so than Syberia 1 and 2. I don’t mind them taking a very long game and breaking it into 2 parts, It gives you a bit of a break.

Heart

Total Posts: 1688

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

sylv - 07 March 2022 02:36 AM

I am replaying Lost Horizon, mainly because I saw that I never played Lost Hoerizon 2 to the end, and wanted to sstart fresh from the very beginning.

I like the game, but dislike the ‘superior Englishman, dumb other people’ attitude of the game. But I can look through that to enjoy the game :-)
The puzzles are sometimes far-fetched but good.

I actually really enjoy this game it’s not perfect by any means but I think the game is an underrated gem

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-02-28

PM

I’m on Great Ace Attorney Chronicles at the moment. I bought it as soon as it was released but got bogged down with all sorts of work and just didn’t end up playing past the first case. Finally gonna have some time to dig into it though Smile

Employee A, my solo-developed game about murder in the high tech industry, has a demo available now on PC and Mac.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1815690/Employee_A/
Itch: https://cross-couloir.itch.io/employee-a

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

cross_couloir - 07 March 2022 10:54 PM

I’m on Great Ace Attorney Chronicles at the moment. I bought it as soon as it was released but got bogged down with all sorts of work and just didn’t end up playing past the first case. Finally gonna have some time to dig into it though Smile

Sounds great, please post your opinions of the game (good or bad) when you are finished. As a game developer, I’d love to know what you think.

Heart

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I loved Lost Horizon the first time I played it. I replayed it a couple of years ago and for some reason didn’t like it so much…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah, it has moments, nice porations, but some really other boring ones too, like the military camp and all

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am currently playing The Wolf Among Us, a true classic. One of TTGs very best games. Great characters and story. It actually even has a few puzzles, but mainly QTE events.

It won a couple of Aggies, well deserved too. Can’t wait to finish it and see how it all ends.

Heart

Total Posts: 7475

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Adv_Lvr - 13 March 2022 08:40 AM

I am currently playing The Wolf Among Us, a true classic. One of TTGs very best games. Great characters and story. It actually even has a few puzzles, but mainly QTE events.

Where you go first does make a difference. Sometimes even between life and death for someone.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top