• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll add my vote to The Dig and The Journey Down.

The Epsilon Outcome (3) - Vegetable Party(leader), Rtrooney, Doom
The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree
Yoomurjak’s Ring (3) - Intense Degree(leader), Vegetable Party, Giom

The Dig (2) - Doom, Lady Kestrel
The Journey Down trilogy (2) - Doom, Lady Kestrel
Riddle of the Sphinx (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Luhr28

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I should talk in favour of Yoomurjak’s Ring but I am selfish and I want The Shapeshifting Detective to win, so I won’t Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I bought The Journey Down trilogy in a sale some time ago but haven’t played it yet so I’ll cast a vote for that please.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Epsilon Outcome (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Rtrooney, Doom
The Journey Down trilogy (3) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie
The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree
Yoomurjak’s Ring (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Vegetable Party, Giom

The Dig (2) - Doom, Lady Kestrel

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Dig

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Doom - 27 August 2021 04:39 AM

<del>
Actually I withdraw my vote after getting some more info about the game. From what I figured, it’s that sort of “interactive tour” where you have to click through hundreds of non-interactive still photos, not really in the mood of playing these sort of games.

Your call obviously, but I was worried about the same thing at first and was very pleased to find it to be an actual game rather than just “google streetview: the game”.

There is a proper story, puzzles (some of which are hard and very involved) and it doesn’t feel like just a tourist promo for the region.

Having said that it is FMV and the backgrounds are essentially 360° photos you can pan around, so if that’s your concern better to leave it. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Lots of good options on games I actually own.

I’m voting for:
The Journey Down
Yoormujak’s Ring
The Shapeshifting Detective
The Dig

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Intense Degree - 28 August 2021 08:57 AM

Your call obviously, but I was worried about the same thing at first and was very pleased to find it to be an actual game rather than just “google streetview: the game”.

There is a proper story, puzzles (some of which are hard and very involved) and it doesn’t feel like just a tourist promo for the region.

Having said that it is FMV and the backgrounds are essentially 360° photos you can pan around, so if that’s your concern better to leave it. Smile

Well, yes, I don’t mean “interactive tour” in a way that all you are doing in the game is walking and talking. I played (I think) a similar game - Anacapri, and puzzles were pretty good in it. It’s just that clicking through countless photos doesn’t feel like a proper gameplay to me. I don’t even like Gabriel Knight 2 much for that reason. Now in Spycraft you spend most of the time playing with various programmes on your devices, and the game holds up really well despite being a pure FMV fest.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (4) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Jdawg445, Millenia
The Journey Down trilogy (4) - Doom, Lady Kestrel, Chrissie, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia
Yoomurjak’s Ring (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Vegetable Party, Giom, Millenia

The Epsilon Outcome (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Rtrooney, Doom

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LK, may we add the ending-vote-date to these “score” posts, it will be easier for me to keep track of the voting process more ..clearly ..ideally? , please Laughing

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Two of the leading games are currently leaderless. Could make for an interesting final few days.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 28 August 2021 06:58 PM

LK, may we add the ending-vote-date to these “score” posts, it will be easier for me to keep track of the voting process more ..clearly ..ideally? , please Laughing

If you go back 2 pages, you’ll find the date written in bold blue letters in post #271. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont wanna go back, i would likw see the last post containing the full collected results, and i believe some just passing by wouldn’t wanna take any apart, not seeing the last update of the current round and have to read the older posts

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 28 August 2021 09:10 PM

i dont wanna go back, i would likw see the last post containing the full collected results, and i believe some just passing by wouldn’t wanna take any apart, not seeing the last update of the current round and have to read the older posts

What Advie said. I don’t want to have to search through pages and it would be easy for Lady Kestrel to copy that specific info.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Doom - 28 August 2021 03:52 PM
Intense Degree - 28 August 2021 08:57 AM

Well, yes, I don’t mean “interactive tour” in a way that all you are doing in the game is walking and talking. I played (I think) a similar game - Anacapri, and puzzles were pretty good in it. It’s just that clicking through countless photos doesn’t feel like a proper gameplay to me. I don’t even like Gabriel Knight 2 much for that reason. Now in Spycraft you spend most of the time playing with various programmes on your devices, and the game holds up really well despite being a pure FMV fest.

You’re right, it’s not “proper gameplay”. And that’s a strength. Sometimes I just want to be a tourist in real places from the comfort of my home, rather than be a gamer.

However, I can safely say that Yoomurjak’s Ring is not on the same level of “tourism simulator” as the Capri games are.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top