• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2023 looks good!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I made a small list of adventure games I`m looking for and which have a chance for 2023 release. Many interesting titles here Smile 

3 Minutes to Midnight - Scarecrow Studio
Asyulum - Senscape
Between Horizons - DigiTales Interactive
Colossal Cave 3D - Cygnus Entertainment
Dustborn - RED Thread Games
The Expanse - Telltale Games
Firmament - Cyan Worlds
Fogtown: Mystery of the Missing Crime - Fogtown Games
The Mystery of Oak Island - Visionaire Studio
Nighthawks - Wadjet Eye Games
Old Skies - Wadjet Eye Games
Once Upon a Time… Life: Origins - Gambit Game Studio
Plot of the Druid - Adventure4Life Studios
Rosewater - Grundislav Games
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Frogware Games
Simon the Sorcerer: Origins - Smallthing Studios
Sky of Tides - Lofty Sky Entertainment
Space Venture - Guys from Andromeda
STASIS 2: Bone Totem - The Brotherhood
Tintin Reporter – Cigars of the Pharaoh - Pendulo Studios
Tormentum II - OhNoo Studios
The Will of Arthur Flabbington - Gugames
The Wolf Among Us 2 - Telltale Games

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

For me personally that list has too many remakes, sequels and Kickstarter games years behind their estimated release. Of course they can be good games as such, but nothing that would be really exciting.

I quickly browsed through my wishlist for estimated 2023 releases and here are some that I think are potentially interesting:

The Abandoned Planet

Bioid

Foolish Mortals

The Isle Tide Hotel

Jerry Wanker and the Quest to get Laid

Lempo

Midnight Girl

Port Valley

Scene Investigators

SEASON: A letter to the future

They Are Here: Alien Abduction Horror

This Bed We Made

Tourist Trap

Watchman

飞越13号房

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

GateKeeper - 07 January 2023 07:34 PM

飞越13号房

OK, this one has been released, and the English title seems to be Breakout 13, which is used in icon graphics and next to buy button.

Very confusingly, the official game name is in Chinese and trying to search the game with the English title is not finding the game.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I’m greatly looking forward to Zid Journey and Signal & Echo among others.

I haven’t advertised it much yet but hoping to release Captain Disaster and the Two Worlds of Riskara in 2023. I’m working on it with Lorenzo, creator of the Clotilde games and Where Did the Humans Go (winner of the $106 Adventure Game Challenge).

We haven’t said much about it yet because we’re working on getting the Steam store page up and preparing a demo, but just to give you an idea of the art style (not necessarily final quality):

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

Jerry Wanker and the Quest to get Laid

Jesus christ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Currently, I’m most intrigued by Colossal Cave. I’ve often wondered what Roberta Williams’ games would have played out had she continued in the business and now as she and Ken are dipping their hand in the business after so long absence, it’ll be interesting to see in what direction the game goes.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

If there is another game of Captain Disaster in 2023, then I am really excited about it!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Ahenobarbus - 07 January 2023 01:22 PM

I made a small list of adventure games I`m looking for and which have a chance for 2023 release. Many interesting titles here Smile 

Asylum - Senscape

Is that the running joke for every year’s most anticipated games? I’m sure it’s going to appear on every list until the end of time lol

But seriously there’s a bunch from that list I’m really looking forward like Old Skies, STASIS 2 the Tintin one, Wolf Among Us 2. When it comes to adventures though my thing now is just to take them as they come. I know adventures just like indies in general have a hard time sticking to release schedules or to even come out at all. Many of my favorite games from recent years have come out of nowhere. I didn’t know they existed until they dropped and either get great reviews or just people talking about them.

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

danigar - 15 January 2023 10:56 AM
Ahenobarbus - 07 January 2023 01:22 PM

Asylum - Senscape

Is that the running joke for every year’s most anticipated games? I’m sure it’s going to appear on every list until the end of time lol

If their own messaging is to be believed, it’s coming this year.

Selected quotes from a Kickstarter update that was released a month ago:

“So here’s a quick, backer-only writeup to address the pressing concerns: Asylum is very much part of our plans for 2023. The game is in a situation in which it can be played fully from A to Z, design-complete. All puzzles have been implemented. One of the last pending issues we had when it comes to game logic was a branching area that wasn’t working well – people could play it any order and enable a series of puzzles that were confusing without context. The solution came following a fantastic team effort, and overall design is now set on stone. Anyone can play the game without hints or guidance and understand how to resolve it.”

“Asylum is very much alive and kicking, and the planning we’ve done for the project recently has paid off. Senscape as a company has matured a lot during the past year (we’re now 30 people!) and I can tell you that 2023 is going to be our breakthrough year.”

At least they still have 50 weeks left to deliver it, so at the moment time is kind of on their side, but if those things which they also list still missing from the game take a long time to complete, then perhaps you will see the game again in the list of most anticipated 2024 game releases!  Laughing

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

GateKeeper - 15 January 2023 12:15 PM

If their own messaging is to be believed, it’s coming this year.

Anybody who at this point believes anything Cordes says is somewhere on the spectrum naive <—> utter fool.

Selected quotes from a Kickstarter update that was released a month ago:

[...]“All puzzles have been implemented.”

Implementing all the puzzles was supposed to be a milestone 4 or 5 years ago.

“Senscape as a company has matured a lot during the past year (we’re now 30 people!)”

Thirty people. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Here are more quotes from the update:
“For cutscenes, we brought a couple new folks to the team that are solely focusing on this aspect, with the goal to create striking cinematic moments to completement the experience we have in store for you.”

After TEN years of development there are still no cutscenes.

“Text revisions means we have to consolidate different writing styles, as well as some portions that were drafted or still placeholder content. This one is on me,”

Cordes is very longwinded, just look at the updates or the demo. It also means the text needs to be edited by a native English speaker. Which takes time. And then there’s the voice acting. Did the voice acting even get mentioned?

No, the game will not be released this year.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I just found a very promising one:

Murder On Space Station 52

Somehow I was not aware of that game, even though I try to follow different forums and all, but I was looking for something completely different on Steam, and then that name was in the search results, I looked it up, and it was very interesting.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just remembered one title I’m interested in.
The Invincible. It is based on a sci-fi book of the same name by Stanislaw Lem and looks pretty good.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/731040/The_Invincible/

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

For me personally that list has too many remakes, sequels and Kickstarter games years behind their estimated release. Of course they can be good games as such, but nothing that would be really exciting.

I quickly browsed through my wishlist for estimated 2023 releases and here are some that I think are potentially interesting:

Scene Investigators

You may be disappointed (or not) to know that EQ Studios are having a Kickstarter campaign for Scene Investigators starting 24th January. The good news about it is so that they can complete the game that they want it to be. Given how good Painscreek Killings was (in my opinion of course Smile ) I’m hopeful that their roadmap is clearly delineated but we’ll see what they put up on the 24th.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Found another very interesting looking game called Afterdream.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1995880/Afterdream/

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m so out of context, haven’t even heard about 90% of those titles Frown I’m currently waiting for Gobliiins 5, Gilhodes promised to finish it soon. Not waiting for Asylum, at this point it just feels like an unwanted child, and also looks somewhat dated in a bad way. Tried to replay Scratches recently and quit, it also didn’t age well, not to mention it became very glitchy, almost unplayable.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top