• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #76 - The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Karlok - 19 January 2023 07:53 AM

I don’t understand why the door to the bell tower is on your list of loose ends? Most puzzles in this game feel a bit contrived to me and finding the key father Roache hid nearby is no exception. Beats me why he doesn’t keep a spare key in his home.

There are many locked doors in the game. Most of them stay locked. I don;t like that, somehow: when a door is so relevant that you can try to open it, it should open, it my idea. And somehow, this door to the bell tower seemed more important than other closed doors, but I guess it was just another decoration

Total Posts: 1288

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

sylv - 19 January 2023 01:53 AM

How is everybody, are we ready for the last chapter?

Sorry, I thought that when you said that it meant we could finish the game.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 7460

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 21 January 2023 06:32 AM
sylv - 19 January 2023 01:53 AM

How is everybody, are we ready for the last chapter?

Sorry, I thought that when you said that it meant we could finish the game.

Me too. I’ve finished the game but I’ll wait for the others to catch up before posting my comments. For now I’ll just say that it’s a pretty good game and I enjoyed it.

sylv - 21 January 2023 04:08 AM
Karlok - 19 January 2023 07:53 AM

I don’t understand why the door to the bell tower is on your list of loose ends? Most puzzles in this game feel a bit contrived to me and finding the key father Roache hid nearby is no exception. Beats me why he doesn’t keep a spare key in his home.

There are many locked doors in the game. Most of them stay locked. I don;t like that, somehow: when a door is so relevant that you can try to open it, it should open, it my idea. And somehow, this door to the bell tower seemed more important than other closed doors, but I guess it was just another decoration

Don’t you remember you have to find the key, open that door and go up to the bell tower to get some herbs.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Total Posts: 2090

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I finished the game many days ago as promised and I’ve been keeping my thoughts to myself in order not to ruin the game to everyone else. I’ll share them when everyone will get through the last chapter. All in all, it was, indeed, a short and easy game with a rich premise and a bunch of interesting ideas thrown in which felt either undercooked or not original enough to me.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Karlok - 21 January 2023 07:31 AM

Don’t you remember you have to find the key, open that door and go up to the bell tower to get some herbs.

Oh, shot :-)
I was so curious to how it would look insode that I forgot :-)

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I finished the game also. Very enjoyable last part full of puzzles. I will wait for the rest before i write my thoughts about the game.

Total Posts: 1677

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

The ending is a hot topic on other message boards. I like it quite a bit, but i can easily see why others have problems with it.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think only Lady K and Chrissie didn’t finish the game?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m going to post my comments tonight or tomorrow.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I will do it right after you.

Total Posts: 5614

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still playing, but go ahead and post your comments.  I’ll add mine as soon as I finish.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

If y’all want to avoid spoilers for a little longer, what did you think of the last sections puzzles.they are Still not great but at least they’re more than just fetch quest.
The only one that slowed me down was the snake statue puzzle because I didn’t see one item that you could remove and move around

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Puzzles: (don’t read this if you haven’t played the last chapter yet). The only puzzle that really stumped me was the one with the letters on the plinth. I tried every name in the game I could think of, abbreviations of Abraxas, AAAA, etc. In the end I did get it right. I also solved the easy Latin puzzle on my own. After I’d finished the game I went back to check some stuff and suddenly remembered the diary with the abracadabra that turned out to be the answers to most puzzles. My bad. But it was actually more fun this way. The devs shouldn’t have spelled everything out for the player.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 24 January 2023 12:05 PM

Puzzles: (don’t read this if you haven’t played the last chapter yet). The only puzzle that really stumped me was the one with the letters on the plinth. I tried every name in the game I could think of, abbreviations of Abraxas, AAAA, etc. In the end I did get it right. I also solved the easy Latin puzzle on my own. After I’d finished the game I went back to check some stuff and suddenly remembered the diary with the abracadabra that turned out to be the answers to most puzzles. My bad. But it was actually more fun this way. The devs shouldn’t have spelled everything out for the player.

I agree the diary was fine to offer some Clues, but it was almost too much. But I really did like this setting of the Tomb, it was Erie and creepy and kept you slightly uneasy and guessing just enough. This was actually the chapter in my mind that elevated it from a walking simulator to an actual Adventure game, but just barely.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I enjoyed the puzzles of the last chapter. They werent that easy but because you have limited items and not many things to interact you can just try everything. Rest of the puzzles are hinted pretty good on the journal.

I didnt get the feeling that this is a walking simulator. I wouldnt even consider it to be very easy as a game, just easy. There were some parts that you needed to explore a lot and try diferent things to progress.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top