• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 13 September 2016 11:18 AM
Karlok - 13 September 2016 11:08 AM

It struck me that they have technology we don’t have and vice versa. Mr Interrogator asked us if we have non-metal guns. The other side does obviously, those guards are not walking around turning scramblers on/off. And we don’t, or we would have brought a plastic gun to make things a little easier.

I know you’ve finished the game, but if you hadn’t then I’d ask - how do you know we didn’t bring a plastic gun?

Smile

Well, have you seen one? If we had a plastic gun we surely would have brought it. Nothing to do with finishing the game. Better be safe than sorry in case something goes wrong. We certainly could have used one for the guard instead of being dependent on some pen we happen to come across.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>n
>e
>se

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>n

Corner At Doors (in dimness)
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands closed to the north.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

>e

Corridor Boundary (in dimness)
The corridor angles here, and crosses a boundary of some sort as it does. A few strides down the southeast branch, a dotted red line crosses the floor. You can retreat from the boundary to the west.

You’re about to run out of options—the intersection to the southeast is occupied. The guards there are not moving. They’re watching in both directions, with their backs to a closed metal door. They don’t seem to have seen you; you slide deeper into the shadows nonetheless.

>se

Sharp Corner (in dimness)
The corridor cuts around a sharp angle, from the northwest to the north. To the south, in the end wall, is the standard featureless metal door; it is closed.

Six guards are standing by the door, peering into the darkness.

You hit the corner at a dead run, trying to break through the guards before they can react. You nearly do; but there are too many of them, and pulse-fire is faster than you.

*** You have failed ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, UNDO your last move, or QUIT?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Tsk, tsk… dead again. A nice plastic gun would have come in handy, don’t you agree, Oscar.  Innocent

Ducking and running…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Curious about that gunfire. What happens if we go to the Security Annex?

From the wiring closet:

>s
>w
>n
>ne

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 13 September 2016 01:58 PM

Tsk, tsk… dead again. A nice plastic gun would have come in handy, don’t you agree, Oscar.  Innocent

Ducking and running…

What would also be nice is having more than one person working on the game at once…

In fact, I wouldn’t mind having a plastic gun to discipline playthrough deserters.  Angry

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry, Oscar. I thought it was funny, but I have a weird sense of humor. Didn’t mean to annoy anybody.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just so you know wilco, there’s no achievement award for the most death scenes this time. Wink

>w

Tee Junction (in dimness)
The white corridor runs east to west here, with a branch leading off to the north, and a closed metal door to the south.

>n

Angle Branch (in dimness)
The corridor runs north and south, like every other hallway in this place. A short hallway branches off to the northeast. To the west is a blank metal door, with attendant black plate beside it.

You can see brighter lights shining in the security annex to the northeast; there is a murmur of voices as well.

You freeze; there is movement up the corridor, to the north. It sounds like yet another group of guards, moving slowly but steadily in the darkness.

The footsteps to the north are nearly upon you. You can make out figures in the darkness.

>ne

Security Annex
This is the end of a short hallway, which runs southwest back to the main corridor. Three large doorways open to the north, east, and south.

Through the north doorway, you can see a huge bustle of activity—guards examining the chair, bent over the controls, and kneeling around the unconscious figure on the floor. And, a few of them, watching the door. Several hair-triggered guards have slashed pulse-fire into you before you or they know what is happening.

*** You have failed ***

>

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 13 September 2016 02:04 PM

Sorry, Oscar. I thought it was funny, but I have a weird sense of humor. Didn’t mean to annoy anybody.

Not annoyed at jokes.

A little bit annoyed at you deserting wilco and TMM when you could have helped them with your superb memory.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What happens if you go for the exit?
Or if you look in the gap in the Corner at Doors?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 13 September 2016 02:13 PM

A little bit annoyed at you deserting wilco and TMM when you could have helped them with your superb memory.

That’s true. I wasn’t stuck at this point because I remembered something. See? I’m doing my best. And what about you, you’re playing too.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Corner At Doors (in dimness)
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands closed to the north.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

>jump
You bend and leap. Your fingers brush the edge of the hole—catch, and you concentrate on holding on. Your feet swing gently a foot above the floor.

>x gap
You strain, pulling yourself up with your arms, until you can see over the lip of the hole. The space over the acoustical panelling is only a few inches high; but it spreads out around you into darkness.

The space is empty as far as you can see.

>d
You drop lightly to the ground.

>s

White Junction (in dimness)
You are in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by barely-illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.

>se
You return up the hallway as it curves around to the south.

Corridor By Entrance (in dimness)
The white corridor begins here, and curves away north. The metal face of the entrance door stands closed to the west.

Four guards are waiting for you at the door, guns drawn. You briefly think how little hope there was that the exit would be unguarded. Then pulse-fire slaps darkness through you.

*** You have failed ***

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 13 September 2016 02:19 PM
Oscar - 13 September 2016 02:13 PM

That’s true. I wasn’t stuck at this point because I remembered something. See? I’m doing my best. And what about you, you’re playing too.

No more hints. I’m the co-ordinator, sometimes I have to go ahead and I don’t like to ruin the fun.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, I don’t remember anything so I have to resort to tries and deaths Smile

can we:

-get the wrench in the storage closet?
-enter the logistics office?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 13 September 2016 02:22 PM

>x gap
You strain, pulling yourself up with your arms, until you can see over the lip of the hole. The space over the acoustical panelling is only a few inches high; but it spreads out around you into darkness.

The space is empty as far as you can see.

Darn.

I’d hoped to find our gun there, and that the entire “mystery package” was just a ruse to explain the blood trace on the side of the gap without having them look inside to see what you were really doing up there…

Yes, that is how my Hollywood-infected mind works. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top