• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “Up the Ladder”[ENDED]

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Less than 3 hours remaining!
If you have an ace up your sleeve, pull it out now!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That’s all folks!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you all for taking part in my big ladder quiz!
Our big winner is Lady Kestrel!!!
Congrats, you really deserved that win, and your score is amazing.
HandsFree& chrissie, fantastic job, and also congratulations to Shnubble for not
being to far behind!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for the great and HUGE quiz, DarkEye!

And congrats to Lady Kestrel for stealing the victory on the last day! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations Lady Kestrel for your 1st place & an amazing score! & also HandsFree! It certainly was a tough quiz DarkEye but very enjoyable so thank you!!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I made one correct guess and finished in all 3 top lists! What more can a man wish for? Tongue

Great quiz, DarkEye! I’m sorry I couldn’t take more part in it, will look to reconcile myself in some of your future quizzes. Wink Will slap my head for days for #88 - I checked The Secrets of Da Vinci screenshots over and over again… being sure I’m on the right track, and not for a second I thought of checking other Kheops games! . Nice job LK (also, for that #88 Crazy), the rest of the winners and everyone else!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to Lady K and HandsFree and chrissie!

Great quiz. I had a wonderful time. Best part is the end, where I see how many I should have guessed. Pan

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow, DarkEye!  I didn’t expect to make it to the top.  I kept climbing slowly up that very tall and tricky ladder you constructed while making a lot of missteps along the way.  Thank you for all the time you put into this for us.  I’m not afraid of heights, but I will be glad to get back on flat ground again, and maybe I can get “We are climbing Jacob’s ladder” out of my head soon. Grin

By the way, I had to laugh when I saw the results of the rebuses.  I remember thinking that Tequila would be a good game title, forgetting completely about Tequila and Boom Boom.  For 21, everthing popped into my head except gene.  (Where’s a duh smilie when you need one?)  Crazy

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 November 2014 05:51 PM

For 21, everthing popped into my head except gene.

Yeah, there was more than one way for that rebus:

Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Interesting fact about No 112 (Downfall).This was the most frequently guessed game by far, and still nobody could get it right.We are always thinking like: look, black&white; game, that really couldn’t be too hard…

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, and that screenshot really looks different than the other mostly black and white screenshots from the game.  I never would have guessed it because red is the color I associate most with that game.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to Darkeye for the great quiz! I can’t even begin to imagine how long it must have taken to collect scenes from so many games.

1: D’oh!
109: Dang it! I suspected it was Sokal, but I couldn’t find the scene and then forgot about it.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 November 2014 07:50 PM

Yes, and that screenshot really looks different than the other mostly black and white screenshots from the game.  I never would have guessed it because red is the color I associate most with that game.

You’re right about that LadyKestrel, indeed there is plenty of red colour elsewhere. Another tricky one was altrenativa screen. Laughing

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Shnubble - 20 November 2014 02:26 AM

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to Darkeye for the great quiz! I can’t even begin to imagine how long it must have taken to collect scenes from so many games.

1: D’oh!
109: Dang it! I suspected it was Sokal, but I couldn’t find the scene and then forgot about it.

Let’s just say that night was my best friend for a while.
Did you suspect the right games to be taken from Nancy Drew series?
For 109 that was my first choice…but to easy I think…

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Well done Dark Eye and Lady Kestrel!

Seeing the answers I’m not too frustrated about the ones I missed. I checked a few and still couldn’t find the pics. Wink
The picture from Apprentice was easy to find though, I should have found that one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top