• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 05 August 2015 09:44 AM

With excitement comes bad news, i was discussing about Johncarpenter and Rare for a last couple of days, and coincidentally Rare was making , TheThing like survival horror, Sundown.
Not only that Rarereplay have good chunk of canned games, and all looking super desirable.
Kameo2 looks ace, more darker approach, great character designs, i digged Kameo and mature approach would have been ace in the hole.
They also cancelled Kart racing game, with Rare charcters racing it out in Mariokart style.

So much great designs and potential all wasted in Kinect and MMO looklike.

Sundown

Kameo2

Cant wait to see more treasure in this compilation.

I am one of the few people who really liked Kameo. It’s a bummer that they didn’t follow it up with an enhanced sequel. I would have preferred it to Sea of Thieves. Oh well, the spirit of Rare still lives on in Yooka-Laylee

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

thejobloshow - 05 August 2015 06:01 PM

Is anyone else physically pained they can’t play Rare Replay?

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-rare-replay/2300-10557/

Rare’s history is too important to be relegated to one system.

Then again, so is Nintendo’s.

Rare were the best thing about Nintendo for me as the they didn’t stick to the basics like Nintendo have done over and over. I wish the Rare Replay was coming to W10. This is the only XBO game I want, so buying one is out of the question.

I liked Kameo too. I think what also changed Rare was the industry itself. Back in the 90s, platformers were the in thing and selling like crazy. But, during the PS2 era they slowly started to fade. Apart from the odd title here and there (or on Nintendo), there really isn’t that many platformers now compared to the 90s.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 06 August 2015 01:48 AM

But, during the PS2 era they slowly started to fade. Apart from the odd title here and there (or on Nintendo), there really isn’t that many platformers now compared to the 90s.

There is actually a revival of platformers the last few years, and it is mainly driven by indie. Games like Limbo, Braid(more puzzle oriented though), Mighty Number Nine, Iga’s new game, and Unravel. 3D platformers though have not seen the same revival, although they are just starting to see some new life on Kickstarter like Yooka-Laylee or A Hat in Time.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its not a typical Platinum game,

After a guided tour of the Xbox briefing video, we were treated to a show-reel of other Scalebound features that are still in development. Scalebound isn’t just a hack n’ slash; it’s a full-blown action RPG with an inventory, loot, non-linear exploration, NPC cities, weapon durability, currency, in-game economies and more.

http://www.windowscentral.com/scalebound-xbox-one-gamescom-preview

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30qbft_mad-max-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2015_videogames

Realistic brutal melee, frentic car fights.
Want to play it before MGSV but cant.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jim Sterling goes after Konami again

I recomend at least watching the I havo no mouth and must scream inpired intro Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 10 August 2015 10:44 AM

I recomend at least watching the I havo no mouth and must scream inpired intro Smile

It’s truly disgusting to hear some of the stories of how people are treated in this industry isn’t it? I’m glad so many of them have broken free and gone indie/small teams now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 10 August 2015 02:14 PM
wilco - 10 August 2015 10:44 AM

It’s truly disgusting to hear some of the stories of how people are treated in this industry isn’t it? I’m glad so many of them have broken free and gone indie/small teams now.

If MGS is Kojima’s brainchild then Konami is Kozuki’s creation.
Kojima was bleeding money, he use to make and scrap stuff according to some leaks.
Burning money on failed decisions and trial and errors, going beyond 80 million.
No person in his right mind would give carteblanche to anyone with such development style.
7 years is a lot of time, and if Kojima was developing clout in his favor then it was right to axe Kojima productions, i think you and i would have done the same thing.
Kenlevine had same anal retentive attitude , took 7 years for BSInfinite and now relegated to Indie team.

I love Kojma, and i know he has proclivity for perfectionist behavior, i also know he would have taken years for Silenthill, dissipating money.
Infact his expenditures on MGS resulted in dissolution of SH team in the first place.

Its time fof Kojima to make nd fund his own outfit and show his talent on limited budget,
like Snatchers Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I have no issue cutting Kojima loose personally. I found him overrated, however, I’m talking more about the staff on the ground.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I do wonder what Kojima and his team will do after MGS5 is out, they’ll probably leave Konami like others have left, start a new studio like Platinum or Mikami and work in projects funded by Sony or Microsoft. He’ll definitely have to learn to work with a more restrained budget and time.
Also hope he does a kickstarter to see more records broken.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I dunno about a kickstarter for him. As we’ve discussed, he doesn’t seem to know a limit and as such, it could end up being another broken promise.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 August 2015 04:20 PM

I do wonder what Kojima and his team will do after MGS5 is out, they’ll probably leave Konami like others have left, start a new studio like Platinum or Mikami and work in projects funded by Sony or Microsoft. He’ll definitely have to learn to work with a more restrained budget and time.
Also hope he does a kickstarter to see more records broken.

I would love to have either Sony or MS grab him, just for the meltdown and fandrama.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Capcom announced they are doing the Resident Evil 2 remake!

Incredible, so many stuff that was asked around for so long so much is happening now…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 August 2015 05:17 PM

Capcom announced they are doing the Resident Evil 2 remake!

Incredible, so many stuff that was asked around for so long so much is happening now…

I just hope its more similar to REmake than RE4

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top