• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #4: Anchorhead

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>pull vine
You can’t see any such thing.

>pull ivy
The ivy clings tenaciously to the side of the crypt.

In the distance, you can hear the lonesome keening of a train whistle drifting on the wind.

—>

Attic
It’s much cooler up here than in the rest of the house, and you find it hard to suppress a shiver. Grotesque, looming shadows crawl across the low, slanted ceiling, and the dust hangs thick and motionless in the air. To the west the ceiling dips even lower until the space beneath leaves hardly room enough to crawl, while to the north stands a wooden door, draped in shadows and half-hidden by the slanting eaves.

>turn on flashlight
The flashlight emits a warm yellow beam.

>w

EDIT: Shit, I was wrong. Maze-like thingie elsewhere. Sorry. Okay, in we go.

Crawlspace
The ceiling descends here to no more than three feet from the floor; you are forced to crawl through the cramped darkness on your hands and knees. To the east the attic becomes more spacious, while the northwest corner opens into an oddly-angled corridor.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>nw

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>nw
As you make your way down the corridor, you begin to get dizzy, then nauseous. Lines seem to cross without bending, the ceiling becomes the walls and the floor becomes the ceiling. Half-blind, unsure even of which direction you were going in, you stagger forward and suddenly find yourself in a…

Crawlspace
The ceiling descends here to no more than three feet from the floor; you are forced to crawl through the cramped darkness on your hands and knees. To the east the attic becomes more spacious, while the northwest corner opens into an oddly-angled corridor.

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Right, one Crawlspace ‘o Doom Tongue I guess we need more to go on to succeed there, so let’s go explore more.

Am I mistaken, or have we explored the entire house room-wise? That is, no more question marks on the maps (apart from the one behind the locked door in the attic)? I’m losing a bit of track of the map I’m afraid… Could you maybe post the maps of the house as things stand now, Karlok?

A prince it is? I see. And I am Lord of this dusty path!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You’re not going to let a meager crawlspace get the better of you after one move, are you?

What kind of adventurer are you? Tongue

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

Actually I was going to find a blueprint of the crawlspace. If I know what it really looks like, its tricks will no longer have an effect on me Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Don’t pay any attention to Oscar. That crawlspace is hell. Yeah, let’s do something else, like revisiting the town. There are still lots of places we haven’t been to, some of the old ones may offer something new, Michael asked us for a newspaper, and maybe we could use some of the objects we’ve been collecting.  Cool

Second floor

First floor

Cellar

Town

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for the maps.
Let’s go to that spot south of the Chilly Avenue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chilly Avenue
Perhaps it is merely the effect of some unwholesome vapour rising from the murky waters of the nearby Miskaton, but the temperature along this street seems perceptibly cooler than normal, even for a New England autumn. Two dirt roads lead south and southwest, into the dense woods at the edge of town.

>s

Deserted Lane
The gently winding lane makes its way through the birch woods south of town. New England foliage is famous for its splendid colors in the fall, but the oppressive weather and pervading murk have leached these trees of most of their tint. The road continues south into the increasingly dense forest, and in the other direction heads back to town. A paved walk also leads east through the trees.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>e

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>e

Churchyard
A low, wrought-iron fence, its spike-tipped bars bent or leaning at crazy angles, surrounds the overgrown yard of this dark, abandoned church. A gap in the fence leads back west, while a bare path beaten through the groping weeds leads around the church to the southeast.

>x fence
The fence is about chest-high and topped with nasty iron spikes. Weeds and ground vines wind up through the bars, most of which are bent and some of which are missing altogether.

>x church
The hoary structure towers over your head, built of massive, ancient stones that are now black with age and nearly buried beneath an invading tide of ivy. The doors and windows are boarded shut. The steeple is a jagged silhouette against the brooding sky.

>x ivy
The ivy clutches at the weathered stones as if trying to drag them back down into the earth.

>x doors
At least a dozen sturdy boards have been nailed across the sturdy oak doors; even with proper tools, it would take you days to pry them loose.

>x windows
You can’t see inside at all; the windows are completely boarded up.

>x sky
The sky is an unbroken blanket of seething gray clouds in every direction.

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

>climb ivy

But that will probably fail, so:
>se

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>climb ivy
Tough as it is, the ivy isn’t strong enough to support your weight.

>se
The path bends northeast, around the side of the church.

Behind the Church
The forest encroaches right up to the iron fence here, some of which is literally buried in the tangled underbrush. There are no doors on this side, although a wooden trap door over by the corner of the building probably leads into a cellar. A path leads southwest, around to the front of the church.

>x trap door
The boards are old and warped, but still quite sturdy. It is locked with a heavy padlock.

The cold wind cuts through your clothes, chilling you to the bone.

>x padlock
The padlock, which is the size of your fist, is so thoroughly rusted that it looks like one huge homogeneous lump of corrosion. Although it’s still quite strong, you might be able to break it if you had something heavy enough.

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

The way I imagine it the tome is heavy:
>break padlock with tome

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>break padlock with tome
(first taking The Compleat Manual of Wardes and Seales)
(slipping the flashlight into the pocket of your trenchcoat to get a hand free)
You can’t get in a good blow with The Compleat Manual of Wardes and Seales; you need something heavier.

>i
You are wearing your trenchcoat, your clothes and your wedding ring; in addition, you have in your hands The Compleat Manual of Wardes and Seales, a keyring, on which are two keys (a key to the house and a key to the cellar), a broom and a book of matches with six matches left.

The pockets of your trenchcoat contain a flashlight, a strange metal flute, a puzzle box (which is closed), a torn journal, a bundle of soggy pages, a family album, a silver locket, a typewritten notice, a towel, Michael’s faculty card, your umbrella and a flask (which is closed).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top