• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2014

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 09 February 2015 02:34 PM
wilco - 09 February 2015 02:26 PM

Anyone having trouble voting in the Aggies Reader’s Poll? I seem to get an error when I submit. Using Chrome

This: “Fatal error: Call to a member function num_rows() on a non-object in /opt/adventuregamers/ee-internals/expressionengine/third_party/forms/act.forms.php on line 465 “

I just voted using chrome and was just fine… Meh

Thanks. Also tried Explorer but got the same error but now it worked in the laptop.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

I haven’t voted yet… is the submission form working now, or are there still problems?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it seems you guys had voted excessively for Tesla Effect, I never played a Tex ag, and I do trust reader’s choice ore than and official choice (with all due respect) , I m totally shocked , I know that there are a bunch of posters here who ADORE Tex Murphy but that is much more than I expected.

end of story I will play it, I cant consider myself a decent adventure gamer when I am too way back of you most of posters here. “Just saying”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Whoa, looks like BFG forums took over the Aggies! I love Tex but giving Tesla best story, comedy AND drama writing seems a bit too much. Smile (I only voted for Tex in the best character).

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

haha I thought the same thing too! So I went over there to check the forum after you mentioned it, and from what I could see not a single thread there actually mentioned the Aggies, from what I could see at least.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Same here. I believe that this was the worst Tex game compared to UaKM, TPD and Oversheer. Not a bad game as a whole, but certainly not deserving all those choices (with the exception of Tex as the best character of course). It was one of the mostly played adventure games this year however and I think this had something to do with its popularity in the Aggies.

As a side note, I am happy The Talos Principle took a couple of prizes. I still think it was the best game of 2014.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Maybe its just Chris Jones creating multiple accounts Tongue
We’ll know if something fishy is happening if Tesla takes best Traditional AND non-traditional adventure game Smile

As for the official awards, the only one I disagree is BS5 taking best comedy writing, the rest I agree even if some were not my picks.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Really interesting so far, and obviously a few games I need to play. Would have liked to have seen a bit more Blackwell, and a bit less Tex but presumably there’ll be some more Blackwell wins coming up… Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I agree with the ‘Wolf Among Us’ win - loved this game and bought a physical copy just to collect.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what is going on? is the aggies reader choice hacked or something!!?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have to believe, with the number of reader choice awards Tex Murphy has gottten, there are either die hard Tex Murphy fans here, or it is another case of fishing for votes. From what I have read here and elsewhere, the game is good but not THAT good.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

8 out of 12! for Tex!

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Certainly a case of heavy fishing.

Aggies Reader’s choice used to mean something some years before… Frown

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Sefir - 19 February 2015 12:34 PM

Certainly a case of heavy fishing.

That’s a pretty hefty claim there… but I guess you are entitled to that opinion. Especially after there was that whole issue about the “tournament” where someone posted at the BFG forums.

I will say again; for my own sanity after seeing all the readers choice awards for Tex (and in the interest of fairness), my curiosity took me over to the BFG forums again and (as stated above) where I didn’t see a single thread about the Aggies. There was one thread at the Unofficial Tex Murphy message board (the only other online Tex community), but it simply mentioned the official nominations and not the reader’s choice option. A facebook post was made by BFG to their group, but simply announced a chance for Tex fans to vote for the game if they like. No KS updates were made, no emails were sent out… as far as I am aware. So if there was a influx of Tex fans for the Aggies, it appears to be based on un-encouraged individual initiatives.

Sefir - 19 February 2015 12:34 PM

Aggies Reader’s choice used to mean something some years before… Frown

People like Bobby James worked extremely hard to deliver a phenomenal soundtrack which included live musicians and multiple genres (to which many Adventure Gamers fans agreed, and wondered why it did not make it into the “official” awards). You will forgive me for saying this but making a statement like that may serve to discredit (and potentially hurt) those who worked extremely hard to deliver these individual aspects of the game which are being positively received by the community.

I personally almost wish it was not getting so many awards because now (after reading the responses here) apparently none of the readers choice awards are going to hold any weight in the community’s opinion, which is a sad state of affairs. I hope none of the dev team members who are getting a buzz out of reading the readers choice award results which highlight their achievements read this thread.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Yep all rather ludicrous. Tesla effect was fun, but undoubtedly flawed. Tex as best character, sure…but the rest? Best story? You’ve gotta be kidding me - it was a total mess. How it beat Blackwell Epiphany is beyond me - the recent “There can only be one tournament” voting comes up a lot more accurately. If there are that many fans of the Tesla Effect on the site, how come it didn’t get voted into the competition? Fishing seem extremely likely to me I’m afraid, what other explanation is there for the contrast?

It all makes the Aggie staff awards the only ones which matter. Sad, but that’s the reality - there used to be a time when the readers’ choice was a nice contrast to the staff picks. It seems those days are gone.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top