• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Good god, does Chapter 4 ever end? Just when I thought I was done with the cube puzzles, a quiz and a chess puzzle and then… more cube puzzles!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 11 November 2016 08:55 AM

Good god, does Chapter 4 ever end? Just when I thought I was done with the cube puzzles, a quiz and a chess puzzle and then… more cube puzzles!

i thought that too, but i think the main problem with Kings Quest or DF:Chapters was that they were (the devs) hesitant between the whole project being as one whole (one long game) and being separated as each chapter has its own mechanism and identity .. i guess that spoiled it too much.. a project that was supposed to be one whole game just given separately into five different chapters!?
i even thought why wouldn’t they release it as one whole game when the last chapter was released?, but i think with this ‘stupid’ variations from one chapter to the other would never allow it to happen.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 11 November 2016 09:21 AM
Oscar - 11 November 2016 08:55 AM

i thought that too, but i think the main problem with Kings Quest or DF:Chapters was that they were (the devs) hesitant between the whole project being as one whole (one long game) and being separated as each chapter has its own mechanism and identity .. i guess that spoiled it too much.. a project that was supposed to be one whole game just given iseparately into five chapters!?
i even thought why wouldn’t they release it as one whole game when the last chapter was released?, but i think with this ‘stupid’ variations from one chapter to the other would never allow it to happen.

They tried to copy TTG model but in a bad way
They copied all the bad aspects of it and made it even worse

I think KQ should have been one single game with 16 hrs gameplay, ep 1 intact with some
trimmed down best parts of rest of the eps.
Scope doesnt matter , pacing and engagement is.
They could have released it this year with all stuff and moved on Spacequest or Gk

Sales are decent, with console hypothetically at 250,000 , it could hit more than .5 million

http://steamspy.com/app/345390

Good enough i guess for Activision Meh

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Oh no, this is still marginally better than anything TTG have done since… oh I don’t know, since Hector?

It has definitely exceeded my expectations, as low as they might have been.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do think there’s overall more good than bad about new King’s Quest. Chapter 4 is the biggest let down, as just like Oscar said, it felt like it would never end. But I liked the story and the art direction. And the other chapters had overall better game play and puzzles as well.

So if Activision will let the Odd Gentlemen continue doing something similar that they did here, I’m more than willing to give their second go a try, especially if they learn from their mistakes.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 11 November 2016 12:01 PM

I don’t know, since Hector?

almost if you are talking ‘publishing’, but its since BTTF actually.. i never play BTTF, but i learned this info from these forums.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie - 11 November 2016 05:10 PM

almost if you are talking ‘publishing’, but its since BTTF actually.. i never play BTTF, but i learned this info from these forums.

Sure, if you liked BTTF. I personally didn’t think was very good.

Did anyone get stuck on what is presumably the last puzzle in Chapter 4? The one where all the family are working on their own? I’ve got a puzzle piece and there doesn’t seem to be any puzzles to solve except the doorknobs.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 11 November 2016 06:18 PM
Advie - 11 November 2016 05:10 PM

Sure, if you liked BTTF. I personally didn’t think was very good.

Did anyone get stuck on what is presumably the last puzzle in Chapter 4? The one where all the family are working on their own? I’ve got a puzzle piece and there doesn’t seem to be any puzzles to solve except the doorknobs.

You opened the chest? Most of pieces are provided by the family as you solve a couple of stuff

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 11 November 2016 07:36 PM

You opened the chest?

Yeah. Think I’ll skip the chapter anyway. Too boring.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

What about the tone of the game? Does it feel like a KQ game?

From the trailers it seems they made a Guybrush-esque version of Graham.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I completely missed the news that the epilogue was released in December. Anyone played it?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its was only made for presenting Gwendolyn as a hero… for a sequel without Graham? (i guess)  looks like it.. Smile..

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 17 January 2017 03:46 PM

its was only made for presenting Gwendolyn as a hero… for a sequel without Graham? (i guess)  looks like it.. Smile..

Did you play? How long is it?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 17 January 2017 04:08 PM

yes, very short.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 17 January 2017 04:13 PM
wilco - 17 January 2017 04:08 PM

yes, very short.

Guess I’ll watch, it will probably take longer to download the game again

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top