• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Activision teases return of Sierra brand

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-08-29

PM

I’m intrigued. Hopefully, the rebooted brand will be used for reviving Sierra’s old adventure game franchises.  I assume that it will be, since Activision has licensed the Gabriel Knight brand to Pinkerton Road for the remake this year.  Also, those games are what the Sierra name is most associated with afaik, so this seems like the most plausible scenario from a marketing/business standpoint.  Just my two cents.

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Yeah, I wonder if the GK remake will be released under the Sierra brand? Makes too much sense.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m betting GK will be released under Sierra brand. That hopefully means that it is in Activisions own interest to make sure the game is at least technically above what Moebius was.

I wouldn’t be surpriesed if they’re resurrecting other titles as well. PQ SWAT games were pretty popular and threre has been some demand for tactical shooters lately.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Last year, Telltale Games announced it was no longer working on a King’s Quest game it had in development as part of an agreement with Activision.

Imagine TTG type Activision games under Sierra Brand.

Edit:

So according to all speculations running wild, this could be Brand for B-Tier games.

Starting with KingsQuest Remakes or New one.

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

You’d think the hiker is a teaser for a new game. I’m not overly familiar with Sierra’s catalogue so I’m not sure if it could be a call-back to a previous series or not.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

nomadsoul - 08 August 2014 02:06 AM

Imagine TTG type Activision games under Sierra Brand.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I like to believe there is nothing to it (and keep my hopes secured), and Activision just gonna remind devs whos Is the boss since there have been many sierra games reviving lately .

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a stream of ports to Android and iOS brought up from the point and click games.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

EA revived the Origin name and made it a blooming online shop.

At preent it’s just a name.

None of what made Sierra the 90’s 2nd best adventure game publisher, lagging waaay behind Lucasarts, is present in this announcement.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kings Quest and Geometry wars pretty much confirmed???

Check the bottom of the page ( code from the site )

http://sierra.com/etc/designs/atvi/sierra/scripts/main.js

More from Site code

PSN, XBOX, Others, profile.network, profile.ghosts, profile.ghostsSeasonPass (???
Preorders
Retailer selectors
Code for Countdowns
Age checkers for > 18 years old
20 languages support
Image gallery

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lucien21 - 08 August 2014 03:34 AM

None of what made Sierra the 90’s 2nd best adventure game publisher, lagging waaay behind Lucasarts, is present in this announcement.

Sierra was the better publisher, with Lucasarts lagging. Was there anyone else who could beat this list? I doubt it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sierra_Entertainment_video_games

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Lest we forget the lesson learned from Activation and LEGENDS OF ZORK.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Oscar - 08 August 2014 04:43 AM

Sierra was the better publisher, with Lucasarts lagging. Was there anyone else who could beat this list? I doubt it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sierra_Entertainment_video_games

Lucasarts had a lot fewer down right dogs in their classic game library canon. At least where Adventure Games are concerned. But Sierra did embrace FMV and pre-rendered 3D a little too much in their latter lifetime.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yup.
Halflife, NOLF, Diablo etc, makes Lucas look like a Joke.

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

nomadsoul - 08 August 2014 05:32 AM

Yup.
Halflife, NOLF, Diablo etc, makes Lucas look like a Joke.

You mean all those great games Sierra only published and didn’t develop themselves?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top