• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 December 2015 03:01 PM
wilco - 05 December 2015 02:47 PM
Lucien21 - 05 December 2015 02:44 PM
wilco - 05 December 2015 02:41 PM

New Ni no Kuni!!!!!!!!!!! Conference redeemed!

No Mr Drippy ...Sad face

He’ll definitely show up at some point.

They finished with an Epic Games MOBA?!?!? Disappointing keynote for most of it

I gotta agree, I was looking for that next big Santa Monica or Bend game but we got a lot of indie games. Love the indies, but that’s not what rocks the house. Ni no Kuni 2 was a wonderful surprise though.

I usually like them but even the indies didn’t do it for me this time and the VR Demo…

...so bad

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

FF7 remake footage:

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Well the year ended and from all the reveals its mostly japanese stuff i am most looking forward to in the future,

Lastguardian,
Shenmue3,
Nier2,
Nioh,
FF7REMAKE,
Scalebound,
Persona5,
Yakuza6,
Zelda.

Yakuza5,Darksouls3 upclose.
Yakuza0 western release is another surprise, good to be Yakuza fan.

For people expecting gow, it was confirmed to be no show on twitter earlier.
Sony showed a plenty this year, lineup is overwhelming, all other platforms has taken a shit, i dont think i need anything except Silenthill now that Onimusha void is well covered by Nioh.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

After I checked out some of the games at the Playstation Experience, here are a few that I played and my impressions:

Fob: This came out of nowhere, and is my surprise game of the show. It is gorgeous and fun to play. Keep it on your radars.
Headlander: Double Fine’s scrolling platforming, floating head, action adventure game has that signature Double Fine humor, and the section I played was awesome.
Severed:Vita game from the developers of Guacamelee, it is surprisingly deep for touch controls, and has an aesthetic very similar to Guacamelee’s.
Shadow of the Beast: They did not mention this game for a while now, but it is running beautifully, and plays super smoothly. I’m loving it so far.
Far Cry Primal: It is Far Cry, but you control animals. Instead of using a camera to tag soldiers, you use an owl to tag old tribal folk with sticks. Felt like a reskin of Far Cry 3/Far Cry 4.

Missing in action:Rime. Where the hell is Rime? Anyone know what happened to one of the most anticipated games of the last few years? I haven’t heard a word about it in any of the conferences this year.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 December 2015 02:22 AM

After I checked out some of the games at the Playstation Experience, here are a few that I played and my impressions:

Fob: This came out of nowhere, and is my surprise game of the show. It is gorgeous and fun to play. Keep it on your radars.
Headlander: Double Fine’s scrolling platforming, floating head, action adventure game has that signature Double Fine humor, and the section I played was awesome.
Severed:Vita game from the developers of Guacamelee, it is surprisingly deep for touch controls, and has an aesthetic very similar to Guacamelee’s.
Shadow of the Beast: They did not mention this game for a while now, but it is running beautifully, and plays super smoothly. I’m loving it so far.
Far Cry Primal: It is Far Cry, but you control animals. Instead of using a camera to tag soldiers, you use an owl to tag old tribal folk with sticks. Felt like a reskin of Far Cry 3/Far Cry 4.

Missing in action:Rime. Where the hell is Rime? Anyone know what happened to one of the most anticipated games of the last few years? I haven’t heard a word about it in any of the conferences this year.

Farcry shangrila version where you order Tiger is recycled other than tower replaced by Darksouls and TR bonfires, and survival regressed to throw meat and press a button to tame = profit.

How does Shadow of the beast play, any old school tightness?

While you are there do try Capcom VR horror Kitchen and share impressions.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

About Rime…

I’m not sure if it’s true, but I heard everything they had shown was actually pre rendered and not at all playable. Not sure what’s happening now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So its more than 2 years since i played last Suda game, Gungho acquisition was a tragedy.
I thought surprise release date of Let it die.
Wat a waste.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 December 2015 04:34 AM

How does Shadow of the beast play, any old school tightness?

While you are there do try Capcom VR horror Kitchen and share impressions.

I haven’t played the old Shadow of the Beast, but the game felt tight and you felt like a badass playing the beast.

As far as all the VR stuff, they are all already booked, so I won’t have a chance to try anything new   Pan

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Episodic curse strikes back,
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1151954

I understand its big ass RPG and i want it in my hands asap, still this trend sucks.
I hope Yusuzuki doesnt get drift of this.
Shhhhhhhhh.

Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s understandable why mind. Putting the file size a side for a moment, this game will cost an absolute fortune to make and while there is a lot of hype and desire for it, that doesn’t always equal sales that bring much profit.

They don’t seem quite sure how this will work themselves mind, so we’ll have to wait and see. Either way, I can see this getting much bigger sales with the eventual collector’s edition on disc.

As for Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3, I can’t see it myself Smile

Yu Suzuki has openly admitted he doesn’t follow the gaming industry and is more of a movie person. Judging by some of the terms he’s used in the KS, he’s not lying either. Although, I do wonder if an episodic style would work better for Shenmue as they’d just build the area and use it for each episode and change minor stuff etc. That way, we’d know we’re more likely to get an ending too…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

What the hell, not like this , after episodic curse, F2p curse strikes back,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1152107

Frown

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

If that does happen, I’ll be surprised. Seems some companies go out their way to a money spinner now more then a competent game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

All classics coming back,

Its time for SS3

http://www.othersidetease.com/strawberry.php

SS1 remake and now this.

Silenthill and Halflife3 remains, i mean we are even getting Rez.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So it seems Square-Enix are making Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy 7 Remake all with the Unreal 4 engine. That’s one heck of a shift from the company considering they probably spent a huge amount on their own in house engine. I for one are glad though. They’ve used their own engines before and it seems athough it’s a pain to use. This way, they can just get on with making said games and not worry about the engine as much.

The only bad (I guess) is FF7 Remake is going to be episodic it seems. It’s no surprise though if you think about it. The original game was huge and they need to see a return on their efforts before diving that deeply into production. People can always just wait for the eventual collectors edition at the end or wait till its finished like so many other gamers do with Telltale etc.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 09 December 2015 01:55 AM

So it seems Square-Enix are making Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy 7 Remake all with the Unreal 4 engine. That’s one heck of a shift from the company considering they probably spent a huge amount on their own in house engine. I for one are glad though. They’ve used their own engines before and it seems athough it’s a pain to use. This way, they can just get on with making said games and not worry about the engine as much.

The only bad (I guess) is FF7 Remake is going to be episodic it seems. It’s no surprise though if you think about it. The original game was huge and they need to see a return on their efforts before diving that deeply into production. People can always just wait for the eventual collectors edition at the end or wait till its finished like so many other gamers do with Telltale etc.

They are expanding content too, which already was a huge ass game.
Transition to full 3D with all assets plus NPCs modeling plus Voiceacting etc. List goes on. Best news was the fact that all the scenes were realtime, sans original reveal footage.
My best memories are of Midgar and 1st half till bridge bike scene and Vincent entry.
So i can suffice with first part if it hits in 2017, after FFXV next year.
Shenmue UE4 too, UE rocks.

In other news another Sony killer app, Toyama is genius,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1153598

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top