• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Abnaxus - 19 June 2016 05:11 PM

The Romanian team did what they know how to do best: disappoint. Again. Thumbs Up

Yeah, not a good game by Romania. Albania always seemed to have a lot more energy, they probably won’t go through with their goal differential but they did have a big celebration for their first Euro goal and win.

Didn’t see the France-Switzerland but probably one of those boring games where the teams make a pact of non-agression…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 19 June 2016 05:22 PM

Didn’t see the France-Switzerland but probably one of those boring games where the teams make a pact of non-agression…

France Swiss game was a weird sight:
-low quality shirts
-low quality ball
-low quality pitch
-low quality referee

At least Pogba had a better performance.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Origami - 19 June 2016 08:15 PM

-low quality shirts
-low quality ball
-low quality pitch
-low quality referee

He he - that is true, I don’t think I have ever seen so many torn shirts in a single game. But I actually thought it was a fairly entertaining game, with both teams but especially Swiss, trying their best to actually win the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 19 June 2016 09:03 PM

-low quality shirts
-low quality ball
-low quality pitch
-low quality referee

He he - that is true, I don’t think I have ever seen so many torn shirts in a single game. But I actually thought it was a fairly entertaining game, with both teams but especially Swiss, trying their best to actually win the game.

Lol, just saw the highlights, 5 shirts ripped and also the ball burst. Are the Swiss shirts made of paper?

Tomorrow should be fun, lots of stuff to decide.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 17 June 2016 10:51 AM

Tongue

There’s also this.

Gotta love the Irish supporters. Win, draw or lose, you can grab a pint with them anytime.

I wish the other countries’ supporters would follow their example, instead of all the fighting, riots, fireworks, etc.

Heck, even their manager Martin O’Neill is hilarious in interviews. Thumbs Up

Abnaxus - 17 June 2016 02:04 PM

Crazy match indeed, Croatia deserved the victory, that interruption messed their concentration. Stupid hooligans !

I agree. Best footballing team of the tourney after two matches, and they basically lose two points because of some idiots wearing their colours.

I really hope they advance, and that Modric gets fit again in later matches - they’ll need him.

wilco - 18 June 2016 08:08 PM

That reaction was all over the country today. The guy scores more than 50 goals a season and someone manages to miss everything today. He was playing better when he was with Irina!

He’s got 20 attempts on goal in two matches - that’s more than 9 of the 24 teams had in total so far. He’s just trying too hard. This is like his 6th penalty miss this season. He should get off his high horse and let others take them. The same for free kicks.
As long as he spends more time focusing on his hair than on his kick, this’ll keep happening…

Anyone see the post-match footage where a fan got on the pitch for a selfie with Ronaldo? Instead of letting the stewards take the fan away, Ronaldo approved it (and had to wait what seemed like two full minutes before the nervously shaking fan managed to actually take the photo).
Wrong message to send to the world: now this’ll happen at every match…

Anyone saw the Venezuela penalty miss against Argentina? He tried to score a panenka and the keeper just grabbed the ball calmly Smile

Hilarious. Serves him right. Grin

Abnaxus - 19 June 2016 10:56 AM

panenka (cool name by the way, in my country it`s called scarita and it means little ladder)

Calling it “panenka” is a tribute to Czech player Antonín Panenka who famously scored the winning penalty in the European Championship final match in 1976 like this. A stroke of genius.
It’s been copied so often, though, that occasionally a keeper will have a very easy catch.

Italy-Sweden and Germany-Poland were worse matches by far.
Especially the first half was quite entertaining. France deserved a win, but both sides will be happy with the result.

-low quality shirts

They should make that mandatory!
What better proof that your shirt got pulled is there? They’d stop all the shirt-pulling if it leads to a foul each time.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6597

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 20 June 2016 05:49 AM

Tongue

There’s also this.

And the best of them all. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Romanian team did what they know how to do best: disappoint. Again. Thumbs Up

Look on the bright side - at least you qualified for the final tournament. You won’t get another “Hagi-Lacatus” generation over night. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 20 June 2016 06:53 AM
TimovieMan - 20 June 2016 05:49 AM

Tongue

There’s also this.

And the best of them all. Grin

Just to keep the train going:

And Shaqiri comment about the shirts was the best: “I hope Puma doesn’t make condoms”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Every goal so far, animated:

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 20 June 2016 02:04 PM

Every goal so far, animated:

Nice video. It’s just the first round goals but it’s still depressingly small…

Wales is officially the big surprise of the tournament so far. They are destroying Russia. Bale is in top form

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I have to say the rules are this tournament are bull, England places second and is not even going to play a winner of a group, they are playing another runner-up. France places first and is playing third while winners of other groups play runner-ups. Join in the fact that the draw was certainly fixed and we get an totally unfair knockout stage.

I think they never should have brought more teams to the Euro, and if they had to at least they should have gone with 32 teams

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

diego - 20 June 2016 08:32 AM

Look on the bright side - at least you qualified for the final tournament. You won’t get another “Hagi-Lacatus” generation over night. Tongue

Fair enough but I`m afraid that generation was an exception to the rule and that happened in 1994 when I was just four years old. I want to see some bloody good football from the Romanian team now, with a pint of beer in my hand not with the milk bottle like in `94.  Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Abnaxus - 20 June 2016 04:57 PM
diego - 20 June 2016 08:32 AM

Fair enough but I`m afraid that generation was an exception to the rule and that happened in 1994 when I was just four years old. I want to see some bloody good football from the Romanian team now, with a pint of beer in my hand not with the milk bottle like in `94.  Frown

And what a team it was!.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 20 June 2016 04:55 PM

I have to say the rules are this tournament are bull, England places second and is not even going to play a winner of a group, they are playing another runner-up. France places first and is playing third while winners of other groups play runner-ups. Join in the fact that the draw was certainly fixed and we get an totally unfair knockout stage.

I think they never should have brought more teams to the Euro, and if they had to at least they should have gone with 32 teams

Yeah I totally agree, either 16 or 32 teams and only the two best from each group advances to the knock-out stage - everything else is just BS.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gotta take energy from somewhere, now we know how the manager mind works.

Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top