• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2015

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 15 February 2016 12:03 PM

I think there are 4 categories that are a lock

Stasis for graphics
Her Story for acting and concept
Armikrog for animation

I think tormentum should get a serious consideration for graphic design, its pretty amazing what they did with it on that budget.
Her story definitely should get concept.
I think animation needs to go to life is strange, its beautifully impressive what they did with the time rewinding.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

zane - 15 February 2016 10:52 AM
wilco - 15 February 2016 07:37 AM

I also liked Anna’s Quest a lot but don’t exactly see it as a comedy.

Its not exactly a comedy and its not exactly a drama, but it has excellent writing and where do you put it Wink

This, exactly. Anna’s Quest was equally eligible for Best Dramatic Writing.

Really, though, it was a down year for comedies, so the pickin’s were slim.

Fire? Well, I suppose it was eligible. But let’s just say Fire is no Chaplin. Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

jaap - 15 February 2016 02:40 PM

And Aviary Attorney: does it have original music? In the trailer I hear a Saint-Saëns Danse Macabre MIDI. But, I don’t own the game, cannot comment on the music in the actual game.

No, it’s all Saint-Saëns.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 15 February 2016 02:48 PM

I think tormentum should get a serious consideration for graphic design, its pretty amazing what they did with it on that budget.
Her story definitely should get concept.
I think animation needs to go to life is strange, its beautifully impressive what they did with the time rewinding.

Max dancing

vs

Puppy claymation
No chance!

Smile (Just kidding, LiS also has good animation moments)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Just a little FYI: The reader poll was supposed to be posted today, but we hit a bit of a snag. Should be up tomorrow instead.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Dropsy should’ve been nominated, at least for the best concept and music.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Oh, yeah, totally forgot Armikrog came out last year, so yes strong contender for animation, true!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Hah yes wilco, do not blame max’s “different” dancing skills on the devs :p

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

A lot of really good adventure games came out last year. I managed to complete Dropsy, Fran Bow, Technobabylon, Broken Age, Dead Synchronicity, Her Story, Anna’s Quest, Grim Fandango: Remastered and Read Only Memories. I also played a couple of episodes of Life is Strange. All in all I am pretty pleased with the nominees. We don’t have the reader’s choice yet but I will state my choices now to see if I manage to pick any of the winners.
Best Story: Technobabylon
Best Writing – Comedy: Anna’s Quest
Best Writing – Drama: Her Story
Best Character: Fran Bow, Fran Bow
Best Gameplay: Technobabylon
Best Concept: Her Story
Best Setting: Technobabylon (My choice: Dropsy)
Best Graphic Design: Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today (My choice: Fran Bow)
Best Animation: Broken Age
Best Music: Life Is Strange (My choice: Dropsy)
Best Acting: Life Is Strange
Best Sound Effects: -
Best Non-Traditional Adventure: Life Is Strange
Best Traditional Adventure: Technobabylon
Best Adventure of 2015: (My choice: Technobabylon)

It’s hard to pick my choice for best adventure overall since the games I played this year all had certain areas that they really excelled at but no one game really managed to stand out as my favorite. Well, I did have one game that I like overall, which was Steins;Gate, but there is no visual novel category on the site…yet.

I can’t find much fault in the choices this year from what I’ve played. My only issue is that I think that Dropsy should have got a couple nominations, especially best music for the role cassettes played in the game. But I am glad to see that Fran Bow got a nomination for best character. I also really liked Anna too.

I also want to thank the staff at AdventureGamers for writing such well written reviews and for putting together the Aggie’s. I don’t participate much on the forums but I always like reading the year end game awards because you do a great job at highlighting the best games of the genre. Keep up the great work!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

My reader`s choice votes are going to four different games:
1. Life is Strange
2. Broken Age
3. STASIS
4. Anna`s Quest
Armikrog might be fifth with best animation?

And my choice for adventure game of the year is going to be almost certainly Life is Strange, but I dont mind if Broken Age, STASIS or Anna`s Quest wins. Great games Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I see the Readers’ Choice poll is now open - although I played quite a few games last year it made me realise just how few of them were current from 2015 so I was only able to submit a few sincere choices, declining others, which possibly may have been different if I’d played more of the competition! - Hopefully not!  Smile

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^

You changed your avatar Chrissie?! The old one suited you.

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This one looks dark and sinister. A bit threatening, perhaps. Is this the “real” chrissie? Not that we didn’t love the flashy redhead in biergarten attire.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t agree, new one is a Beauty

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I didn’t say it didn’t look really good. Just different in a poersonality sort of way. Naughty

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top