• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I HATE action! I must have tried 25-30 times to escape the dragon on the bridge after I got the mirror and after the shooting-ropes part on the water. Left right all directions… I keep getting crushed. Help! What am I doing wrong?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

You mean the part where all the beds fall from the ceiling?

Avoid them by moving slightly to the left or right if a bed hangs above you

The good news is that it will be the last QTE event you’ll encounter for a while, soon the real fun will begin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Not sure what part specifically youre stuck at… my advice would be to take a step back from it and try again from a refreshed perspective… it should be very straightforward.

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

wilco - 04 August 2015 07:05 PM

I think I was stuck the longest time in getting the pumpkin. Took be some time to use the meat on the bush to get the other animal.

Me too. I didn’t realize you could interact with the red rope.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Lucien21 - 05 August 2015 03:47 AM

God help the server once all 5 episodes are released.

Sorry. Couldn’t be helped. Anticipating the game for 15 years and all. As I played through, I kept discovering new thoughts I wanted to share with my fellow adventurers. I promise the reviews for the next chapters will be much more succinct. Laughing

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Venkman - 05 August 2015 03:28 PM

Is it a fully rotatable camera or is it fixed-angle like Telltale?

Fixed.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Tad - 05 August 2015 03:58 AM

Think he gives it a 2/10 Wink

Thank you for reminding me to put my score in!

Verdict: 9/10

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dale - 06 August 2015 01:06 PM
Venkman - 05 August 2015 03:28 PM

Is it a fully rotatable camera or is it fixed-angle like Telltale?

Fixed.

My problem in TTG was always control related, here you get plenty of control.
Esp the control in strength contest, loved revolving and pulling around posts.
Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Daventry - 06 August 2015 12:52 PM

I promise the reviews for the next chapters will be much more succinct. Laughing

Hey, if you have something to say, then say it, imo. I prefer a wall of text to a laconic sound bite. The only times you see me write “tl;dr” is in my own posts. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, I made it, don’t ask me how. And then it took me ages to figure out how to jump from stone to stone.across the water I thought they were too far apart and I spent 15 minutes trying to find rocks to put in the river or something.

I know… definitely not my type of game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 06 August 2015 03:34 PM

Thanks, I made it, don’t ask me how. And then it took me ages to figure out how to jump from stone to stone.across the water I thought they were too far apart and I spent 15 minutes trying to find rocks to put in the river or something.

I know… definitely not my type of game.

You with joypad, you can use analog to check the leg direction first before jumping.

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A.A - 01 August 2015 10:28 AM

I’ll get the one thing I hated out of the way- and I absolutely hated it with a passion: it was those three or four occassions where Graham all of a sudden turned into a hyperactive character from a Japanese anime kids cartoon.

No. Just no. Not funny the first time; wasn’t funny the next three times. Lord almighty…

That bothered me too, and it also tied into a slight problem I had with the game as a whole, tonal inconsistency. There are times when it’s a sweet and charming fable, times when it becomes a very broad and hyper cartoon, and then even some times when it becomes death-of-a-character serious. I like the game a lot but I feel like there’s confusion at times as for who the game is being made for and what they would expect from it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SamandMax - 07 August 2015 02:02 AM
A.A - 01 August 2015 10:28 AM

I’ll get the one thing I hated out of the way- and I absolutely hated it with a passion: it was those three or four occassions where Graham all of a sudden turned into a hyperactive character from a Japanese anime kids cartoon.

No. Just no. Not funny the first time; wasn’t funny the next three times. Lord almighty…

That bothered me too, and it also tied into a slight problem I had with the game as a whole, tonal inconsistency. There are times when it’s a sweet and charming fable, times when it becomes a very broad and hyper cartoon, and then even some times when it becomes death-of-a-character serious. I like the game a lot but I feel like there’s confusion at times as for who the game is being made for and what they would expect from it.

I didn’t think that, I saw it like a Disney movie, mostly charming and humorous but with some more serious or sad moments.
I also thought the hyperkinetic teenage Graham fit the character and I expect to see see him change when he grows up.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

And now I’m back in the well with Achaka and the dragon. Timed action. Sigh. I won’t be buying the other episodes, not just because of the action bits. I’m getting very tired of fetch quests and I’m not enjoying the over-the-top humor with the many puns.  This is no reflection on the game with its very becautiful graphics, and I can see why other people love it. Must be my changing preferences.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Karlok are playing with gamepad if not you should.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top