• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypants

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Offside, but really who cares… (Edit: Well aside from the fact that it means that both goals came from refereeing errors (though not giving a red card is totally understandabl, even though it probably was red, I think 95% of refs wouldn’t have given one at that point of the game))

I feel like it’s showing that Holland complaining about how bronze match doesn’t matter was them just being sore losers as usual. Brazil, on the other hand, their game really looks like they don’t care Grin Whether it’s because they really don’t care of some other reason…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

UPtimist - 12 July 2014 04:25 PM

I feel like it’s showing that Holland complaining about how bronze match doesn’t matter was them just being sore losers as usual.

They’re professionals - it’s perfectly understandable to say that you’re disappointed and that the third place match doesn’t mean much, and then to give it all on the field when the match comes.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Sure, but I’m really tired of how they whine after every loss Wink That’s one of the biggest reasons why I really dislike this current Holland - their attitude is all wrong, too many of them lack certain aspects of sportsmanship expected of adult professionals. I’d love to like Holland, but with the current players, I just can’t (and where’s Emmanuelsson? He was the only one I liked last time).

But it’s true that the 3rd place match is purely for the audience.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its WWE it surely is for audience.

Looks like you cant touch Robben anywhere, he will slip into penalty area and claim
a penalty. Other goal was offside.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ugh, Robben is spending more time lying down than actually playing. Again. Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

You know, there really should be Ronaldinho in the head as a kind of game building striker (a false 9, is it?). Fred and Jo do nothing anyways, and so the lack of speed that Ronaldinho nowadays probably has wouldn’t matter, but instead they’d have amazing game building skill up there, a great shooter, a great 1-on-1 player and a great penalty shot. Brazil desperately needs someone there who can actually hold the ball, pass intelligently, make space, do something unexpected. Right now they’re just without any ideas and almost always doing the expected, even doing the wrong passes. You know.

And Lucas Moura instead of Hulk.

I mean, aside from Neymar (who was clearly even more important than everyone realized - everyone knew he’s important, but apparently he was the Maradona to Brazil), who do they have who’s a real goal-scorer, or a real game-builder?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

UPtimist - 12 July 2014 05:15 PM

who do they have who’s a real goal-scorer, or a real game-builder?

Kaka, Robinho… The thing is, Scolari had a trashing of Spain at Confederations Cup 2013 in mind, and decided to go with the same squad. But that cup didn’t feature Germany, Holland…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Brazil is being robbed big time…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Wow worst referee of the tournament so far.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Right. Though I thought I heard Kaka was a bit injured or something? But I probably just misheard. (Still, could’ve opted for someone instead of Jo since it was Fred who did the scoring in the Conf. Cup. Then again, it’s clear now that Scolari isn’t a great tactician or one for any new ideas). Anyways, that’s exactly what I meant, there’s no one in the team, but a few people who were left out Smile

One moment when Brazil seemed to get an idea, some nice passes, but that blew off again.

I wonder why Holland isn’t playing that third goalie. He’s the only one in the team who hasn’t gotten any playtime. Would’ve sounded like the fair thing to do (after all, Brazil has a lot of the low-playtime players in, though Holland has the top lineup…) Besides, it’d be pretty cool to have everyone been on the field. And since the bronze doesn’t matter Wink

Great, Oscar gets a card for filming, the next moment the defender is down because he injured his knee in his tackle Grin Great refereeing again…

(Edit): Oh great, Hulk in… Anyone feel like there goes the last hope for Brazil? Tongue I do not get why the Finnish commentators are always so excited about him when he does nothing except lose the ball over and over again.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UPtimist - 12 July 2014 05:30 PM

Then again, it’s clear now that Scolari isn’t a great tactician or one for any new ideas). .

That is basically the big problem with Brazil!  Wink
Someone to make them play instead of running around all over the place

Edit: and that’s 3-0… Another humiliation!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 July 2014 05:38 PM
UPtimist - 12 July 2014 05:30 PM

Then again, it’s clear now that Scolari isn’t a great tactician or one for any new ideas). .

That is basically the big problem with Brazil!  Wink
Someone to make them play instead of running around all over the place

Edit: and that’s 3-0… Another humiliation!

Don’t know about him but Goalkeepr was complete dud, no idea where to
jump, shit awareness and reflexes.

Holland’s Blue kit was awesome.

Tommorow Messi has to show his best of best or bust.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A deserved final result, despite the poor refereeing. Brazil is really weak, and Scolari is an outdated trainer. If Brazil is to recover from this, they’ll need a full overhaul of their entire football association…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Saw preshow hype Adidas will hit its target 2 billion something if Germany wins.
The whole Business layer above the game at at lower level makes it look like some
business entertainment and not sport. So unlike Tennis Tongue

Also hardcore Stats favoring Germany.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Okkk, let’s goooo -

Grin

sorry Agustin Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top