• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 29 October 2016 06:55 AM

Was it about the amazing plastic bottle that hit 5 barça players at the same time, namely the totally not floppers Neymar and Suarez? Smile

I think hw was wrong because it just incites more violence, but I also think Neymat shouldn’t insult a crowd

It was very poor from Barcelona, I agree. But this is a structural problem. Last year Valencia threw a bottle against Messis head and in this latest match another Valencia supporter threw something at Alcacer earlier in the game.
Again, poor by Barcelona but in no way should the director of La Liga comment this way.

Luckily Barca’s director countered this but unfortunately La Liga Madridista director retaliated with providing poor refereeing in the Alaves - Real game.

He’s back!!! by the way.

A hattrick. I’ll admit, two great goals but also granted two penalties that should never have been.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just saw the highlights and yeah, those were not penalties.
As long as referees can’t use video replays football will continue to have these kinds of terrible calls.  Also time wasting teams going for the tie another aspect of the game that annoys me…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Unfortunately a very bad game from Barca against Granada. Hope those new signings step up. Midfield still non-existent.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That some anime goal saving, ibra kungfu vs goalkeeper kungfu

So many chances, and rooney is epic fail

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 29 October 2016 06:36 PM

Unfortunately a very bad game from Barca against Granada. Hope those new signings step up. Midfield still non-existent.

Missing that Xavi/Iniesta connection

nomadsoul - 30 October 2016 08:34 AM

That some anime goal saving, ibra kungfu vs goalkeeper kungfu

So many chances, and rooney is epic fail

Saw the game yesterday, ridiculous stuff, Ibra missed so many goals…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 30 October 2016 09:34 AM

It’s either going to be a very good season or a bad one just like 2014/2015 where the new signings seemed meh but everything clicked in time.

As it is now the the attacking line is a 10/10. They got one back up with Arda who plays great in the front. Also Paco Alcacer but he is clearly less than the attacking trio and very unlucky right now. Luckily Neymar and Suarez are not injury prone.
Central defense is a 8/10. Pique is still superb and barca got 19 year old Umtiti who is playing as if he has played for years. And they have Mascherano who in form is great.
The LB and RB position are 8/10 with Sergi Roberto and Alba(right now injured) as the main who are great and Digne as a solid back up but still needs some time. Unfortunately no decent backup for RB with Vidal being @(#*.

It’s the midfield that’s a huge problem. With Busquets in form and Iniesta back from injury it will be a strong Barca, but that’s not the case right now and the new players right now struggle a bit.
So yeah, if those can get into the groove in time this might become a great season.

Rakitic is almost always great.
Arda is decent in midfield but better in front.
Gomes is playing sub-par and Denis Suarez is not there yet either.
Rafinha is doing great this season as an attacker but is not a controlling midfielder. So yeah, right now Barca is missing a controller like Busquets and they hope Gomes will fill in that role, but he needs more time for that I guess.

So the problem is very clear and if it gets fixed we’ll be in for a treat.

Also keeper is 8/10. Ter Stegen can play world-class games he has shown that, but needs to make better decisions sometimes. However, fixing the midfield problem will fix this as well since the opponents will get less opportunities.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 30 October 2016 02:05 PM
wilco - 30 October 2016 09:34 AM

It’s either going to be a very good season or a bad one just like 2014/2015 where the new signings seemed meh but everything clicked in time.

As it is now the the attacking line is a 10/10. They got one back up with Arda who plays great in the front. Also Paco Alcacer but he is clearly less than the attacking trio and very unlucky right now. Luckily Neymar and Suarez are not injury prone.
Central defense is a 8/10. Pique is still superb and barca got 19 year old Umtiti who is playing as if he has played for years. And they have Mascherano who in form is great.
The LB and RB position are 8/10 with Sergi Roberto and Alba(right now injured) as the main who are great and Digne as a solid back up but still needs some time. Unfortunately no decent backup for RB with Vidal being @(#*.

It’s the midfield that’s a huge problem. With Busquets in form and Iniesta back from injury it will be a strong Barca, but that’s not the case right now and the new players right now struggle a bit.
So yeah, if those can get into the groove in time this might become a great season.

Rakitic is almost always great.
Arda is decent in midfield but better in front.
Gomes is playing sub-par and Denis Suarez is not there yet either.
Rafinha is doing great this season as an attacker but is not a controlling midfielder. So yeah, right now Barca is missing a controller like Busquets and they hope Gomes will fill in that role, but he needs more time for that I guess.

So the problem is very clear and if it gets fixed we’ll be in for a treat.

Also keeper is 8/10. Ter Stegen can play world-class games he has shown that, but needs to make better decisions sometimes. However, fixing the midfield problem will fix this as well since the opponents will get less opportunities.

That attack will probably solve 90% of the games but they need to step up when the big games come in Champions League. Bayen Munich and the Madrid teams are probably he biggest threats with by an underdog showing up.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 01 November 2016 01:45 PM

That attack will probably solve 90% of the games but they need to step up when the big games come in Champions League. Bayen Munich and the Madrid teams are probably he biggest threats with by an underdog showing up.

Barca time! Against City.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

R.I.P. Barcelona

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Entertaining match, but Barça was totally outplayed in the 2nd half. They were controlling until that awful mistake by Sergi

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 01 November 2016 05:52 PM

Entertaining match, but Barça was totally outplayed in the 2nd half. They were controlling until that awful mistake by Sergi

It wasn’t just Sergi. We couldn’t keep the ball. Midfield was almost non-existent.
Only good sign was that Digne and Gomes had one of their better performances and that against Man City.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

He’s back! .....owh wait.

Or is he?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I`m sorry for my Bulgarian neighbours but what a goal from Özil

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM