• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jane Jensen Thread

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

It seems there is no Jane Jensen thread yet in our updated forum. I am making this thread not to talk about the Kickstarter or Gabriel Knight or even to discuss Gray Matter, but merely to ask a simple question. I purchased GM from Amazon. Will I be able to play it on more than one computer? I know Amazon will let me download it on multiple PCs but I don’t know if there is an activation code or what have you that will only work once.

Feel free to take this thread in whatever Jane-direction you desire (after answering my question!).

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I have never bought a downloadable game from Amazon, but if they let you download to multiple PCs it would seem they’d let you install more than once (otherwise what’s the point?!) Maybe someone else has first hand knowledge…

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i havnt used them recently, but as far as i know it hasnt changed: amazon doesnt use any drm for their downloads, except for the drm that the publisher provides. So it would be on a case by case basis. And in this case youd probably be fine using it on multiple computers.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

There’s no DRM on the Gray Matter download. Install as many times and onto as many computers you own as you’d like.

Amazon is very good with stating on the store pages which products have DRM, which require Steam to play, etc. If there’s nothing there, it’s DRM-free (in most cases).

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Cool thanks for the quick responses. I was about to download it on the PC I don’t use as often but then thought twice about it if it was going to be a one time thing.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Any ideas if the download shop will ever reach Europe? I know you can go around it and cheat your settings but not sure if that’s very nice or legal.

Is all Jane Jensen discussion in the Pinkerton forum now?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is all Jane Jensen discussion in the Pinkerton forum now?

The forum switch happened the same day Jane’s Kickstarter campaign ended, so I think it just didn’t continue over here. Doesn’t mean it *can’t* of course. Smile

Here’s an interview with her that hit this week: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-21-games-and-fan-feedback-part-two

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

kind of an old bump… but.. backers officially got our first product today with the pc version of lola and lucy Grin
It seems pretty neat. Cant say il be playing it thoroughly, but after skimming through some pages i can see the quality.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

she wrote Something wise recently i ‘d like to share it here

“there have been some great writers in gaming for a long time, since the Infocom days, and there are still really innovative things going on such as The Walking Dead or Heavy Rain. So I don’t see it so much as a new thing. I don’t think the industry as a whole is changing, no. Most game companies really undervalue the story aspects of a game. I just continue to do my thing.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/04/jane-jensens-moebius-gabriel-knight-fans-will-love-every-minute-of-it-says-dev/

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Companies undermine it just like gamers have it in their head that story doesn’t matter as much as gameplay. Because of that, games like Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, and Dear Esther are either seen as trash or not a game at all. Insult to intelligence, like I always said.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Monolith - 25 February 2013 09:54 PM

Insult to intelligence, like I always said.

“No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.” - H.L. Mencken

So you can’t really blame them… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 12:01 PM

Oh I know. Intelligence isn’t exactly a focus for sales. Tongue Though, lately, a lot of people are waking up.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Monolith - 26 February 2013 03:52 PM
TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 12:01 PM

a lot of people are waking up.

walking Dead you mean

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Damn it Advie and your puns!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

come one ! .. i know you are cool enough to take them

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Monolith - 27 February 2013 04:15 AM

Damn it Advie and your puns!

If you think that was bad, you should join the Community Playthrough of Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon. You get slapped with at least one pun in every single line of dialogue or description… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top