• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Grim Fandango Remastered

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

ext23 - 27 January 2015 05:01 AM

downloading now! argh! can’t wait!

Wait…what?!? It’s out already? I haven’t gotten my key yet. Aghhhh!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It seems to have unlocked early on Steam with no explanation. I thought it was a preload but lo and behold it plays.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Frogacuda - 27 January 2015 10:33 AM

It seems to have unlocked early on Steam with no explanation. I thought it was a preload but lo and behold it plays.

its not early, january 27th has been the release date since about a month ago.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Playstation Europe always a day behind!! Only tomorrow…  Angry

Total Posts: 5053

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 27 January 2015 04:08 AM

Another strong contender for a Community Playthrough when the current one ends… Smile

Agreed, but I would rather wait for a few people to play it. If it’s as buggy as some have reported….

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

zane - 27 January 2015 10:36 AM
Frogacuda - 27 January 2015 10:33 AM

its not early, january 27th has been the release date since about a month ago.

Yeah, but Steam games unlock at 9AM PST, and this was working well before that. Last night, even.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I could get myself into reading all the posts here since I didn’t follow this thread before, but anyone knows anything about the possibility of an iOS release?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 27 January 2015 02:33 PM

I could get myself into reading all the posts here since I didn’t follow this thread before, but anyone knows anything about the possibility of an iOS release?

I don’t think there’s anything announce so far but one of the making of videos did show it running on a tablet so it might be coming some day.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Has anyone played the vita version yet? Not sure if im going to get it on that or steam. Question is: does it run smoothly on vita, and do the touch controls work well.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

IGN gave this a 9.3, which is pretty awesome and surprising.  Less surprising though, is the fact that the reviewer lamented the lack of a hint system.  I couldn’t help but laugh when he described all the ways the game might turn off fans of Telltale-style “modern” adventure games.  At least he recognized it as the classic it really is though.  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks Wilico,!
strange that it’s not announced when it must be very appropriate for tablets right now with this release!!

Lambonius - 27 January 2015 04:52 PM

.  I couldn’t help but laugh when he described all the ways the game might turn off fans of Telltale-style “modern” adventure games.  At least he recognized it as the classic it really is though.  Smile

hehe, YES! , some negative point to someone could only turn out to be the best positive thing said to another .

or as we say around here, “some disasters to some are the most useful to another”

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Lambonius - 27 January 2015 04:52 PM

IGN gave this a 9.3, which is pretty awesome and surprising.  Less surprising though, is the fact that the reviewer lamented the lack of a hint system.  I couldn’t help but laugh when he described all the ways the game might turn off fans of Telltale-style “modern” adventure games.  At least he recognized it as the classic it really is though.  Smile

This was my favourite quote from that review:

Adventure games tend to age better than other genres…

We could have used this guy ten years ago, . Tongue

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

zane - 27 January 2015 04:20 PM

Has anyone played the vita version yet? Not sure if im going to get it on that or steam. Question is: does it run smoothly on vita, and do the touch controls work well.

I have played about half of year one on Vita this morning. So far it is running really smooth. The only issues I have had have been that sometimes changing scenes results in a little lag. Also, I am using the camera-relative controls and I haven’t tried the touch controls yet.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The audio in my Gog version stutters Frown

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

No issues for me . It’s running smoothly and can I just say, it plays far, far better with mouse controls.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top