• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckySefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

You miss my point Karlok - I knew I didn’t express that very well Neutral

Sharia “courts” in the UK (as I understand the situation anyway) are really just a collection of people in a room that passes opinion on Muslim/Sharia “business”, if I can call it that. There is absolutely nothing binding about it whatsoever. UK law is totally paramount and, in your example, the Muslim female can go to the police and have her husband arrested for the abuse. She can start divorce proceedings of her own volition and Sharia “courts” have absolutely no say whatsoever.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 15 September 2016 03:21 PM

Sharia “courts” in the UK (as I understand the situation anyway) are really just a collection of people in a room that passes opinion on Muslim/Sharia “business”, if I can call it that. There is absolutely nothing binding about it whatsoever. UK law is totally paramount and, in your example, the Muslim female can go to the police and have her husband arrested for the abuse. She can start divorce proceedings of her own volition and Sharia “courts” have absolutely no say whatsoever.

Yes, she can go to the police, she can get a divorce in accordance with the British laws. But she will still be regarded as married by the Muslim community. Social pressure and all that. She has to go to a Sharia court to get a religious divorce. And that will be very hard. Sharia courts have a different view of abuse and reasons for divorce. It is a fact that those courts often tell Muslim women not to go to the police when they are physically abused. Facts as told by a Dutch political scientist, Machteld Zee, who has researched British Sharia courts. 

The long and short of it is: Democracy/Equal Rights and Sharia are incompatible. Condoning Sharia in a Western country is a step back.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@soccerdude

Did you see the vids?
Take your time ,see and add one comment for each.
There are plenty of vids with these people,who are getting over the board for cultural paradigm shift.
Yes Indonesia alone as population can outnumber all bad muslims in the world, i know and
very well understand that Reza Aslan or Benaffleck argument and i dont care much about
US because muslims cant change US laws that easily esp considering each state is different altogether in laws. And US knows how to handle muslims anyway.
But these muslims WITH inflexible train of thought are getting out of hand. They are multiplying, its not the population its the burden on economy and culture. Its the future that is looking bleak for Europeans who dont have kids faster than these muslims.

These are flexible muslims you spoke of. I know muslims who eat Pork, fornicate like no tomorrow, not majority.
Immigrants come with agenda or get assimilated with ones having agenda.
You just have to put food on the table.
Again not saying hate is justified but if you instigate, push, finger people etc
someone somebody has to take toll, no matter whats the price. And yes innocents pay it on each side. What happened in the original article is a ripple effect, thats my point.

There are great immigrants like Zlatan and joseffares who had muslim parent.
But majority are not as assimilating nor as skilled or talented.
You need to read about salafi/wahabi doctrine and how it will be spread and detrimental to
Euro culture in future. Its not conspiracy. You are seeing the result.
And yes Shias to many other Sunni sects hate that doctrine but its backed by KSA and Turkey etc.

Times are changing fast and i see plenty of veiled muslims on European soil.
I see soft and hard cultural invasion.
I see more civil dispute.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 15 September 2016 03:42 PM
Jabod - 15 September 2016 03:21 PM

Yes, she can go to the police, she can get a divorce in accordance with the British laws. But she will still be regarded as married by the Muslim community. Social pressure and all that. She has to go to a Sharia court to get a religious divorce. And that will be very hard. Sharia courts have a different view of abuse and reasons for divorce. It is a fact that those courts often tell Muslim women not to go to the police when they are physically abused. Facts as told by a Dutch political scientist, Machteld Zee, who has researched British Sharia courts. 

The long and short of it is: Democracy/Equal Rights and Sharia are incompatible. Condoning Sharia in a Western country is a step back.

I have to dig my youtube history if you want but karlok is right.

Interviewer asked muslim women opinions on…and before anything, she said i cannot talk to you my husband will kill me and she ran.
Other germans said Merkel destroyed europe.
While other said Germans are still paying atonement of past Nazi crimes by not beating up
muslim rapists and letting huge influx in.

Also karlok is right on basic islamic ideology.
Islam is Sovereignty belongs to Sharia laws hence theocracy.
While Democracy is sovereignty belongs to people.
Both are in perfect dichotomy.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I don’t know whether you’re both deliberately misunderstanding what I’m saying or it’s just a language breakdown/barrier thing but since my point IS being misunderstood or other people’s agendas are on show and being driven forward but I’m quitting the conversation as of now!

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Intense Degree - 15 September 2016 11:48 AM
nomadsoul - 15 September 2016 10:56 AM

...and then forcing sharia laws down the throat of nations which are granting them refuge or new home…

Do you mean that Muslims have been successful in establishing Sharia Law over the relevant law of the land in Western Countries?

Could you give one example of anywhere in the world that wasn’t already a majority Muslim country where this has happened?

If you just meant that there have been suggestions (without credible evidence) that groups of Muslims in some places have wanted to live under Sharia Law themselves then why is that an understandable reason for hate? It can be, and is, used as an excuse for hate/bigotry/racism of course.

Suggestions you say?

Watch these,

Timmovieman country with lowest Muslim population,

Somewhere else,

Now these vids are self explanatory.
Mess all around.
And this is tip of iceberg, really.
Youtube sharialaws in europe and see the lynching of locals.
There are no go zones in uk , total muslim zones.
Halal food was enforced etc.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 15 September 2016 05:11 PM

I don’t know whether you’re both deliberately misunderstanding what I’m saying or it’s just a language breakdown/barrier thing

I assure you I’m not *deliberately* misunderstanding your posts. I went back just now and read them again. AFAIK you’re saying one thing and one thing only: Sharia courts are not legally binding. I agree, they are not. But I never said they were. I said they are supposed to operate within the restrictions of British Law but unofficially Sharia Courts do as they please.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

nomadsoul - 15 September 2016 05:34 PM

Suggestions you say?

Watch these…

Hmmm, you’re right, I worded my post badly. Naturally I accept that there are small groups of muslims who want to live under Sharia Law and even force others to live under it in the UK and other places. What I had meant to say (but didn’t manage very well) is that there is no credible evidence that Sharia Law is established above the law of the land in western countries.

There are no go zones in uk , total muslim zones.
Halal food was enforced etc.

No there aren’t. Just because various ill informed idiots say it is so really doesn’t make it so (“ill informed idiot” is not pointed at you, you are obviously someone who looks into things and not an idiot).

I myself know parts of East London with a very high muslim population and where “traditional muslim dress” is very common and you can hear the wailing call to prayer from the local mosque all around every day. Whether or not I or anyone else likes or dislikes that, they are not no-go zones and I worked very near one of them for quite a few years.

Halal meat is widely available in areas with a high muslim population but I defy you to show anywhere in the UK where it is “enforced” as the only option for a resident to buy.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for pixel hunters ..

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 17 September 2016 09:15 AM

for pixel hunters ..

Tiles
Mirror
Straw
Couch
Cord
Cat

Took me 3 minutes

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 17 September 2016 09:44 AM

Cord
Cat

Took me 3 minutes

that is convenient Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/angelina-joile-files-for-divorce-brad-pitt/

Is it really kids or pitt tried to force his way out for some other hot partner?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

1. What are your top 5 favorite Movies?
2. Your top 5 favorite directors?
3. Your top 5 favorite actors?
4. Actresses?
5. What’s your top 3 favorite performances in film?
6. Worst actors?
7. Most underrated film?
8. Most overrated?

1. TheMoon, Inthelineofduty4,4 Months 3 Weeks and 2 Days,Borgman, True Romance.
2. JhonCarpenter, Davidlynch,DavidCronenberg, JhonnieTo,David Fincher.
3. Jacob Benjamin G.,Mads M. , MichaelShannon, KurtRussell, DonnieYen.
4. Verafarmiga,Evagreen,JenniferConnelly,Emilyblunt,Cate Blanchett.
5. Mads in TheHunt, Merylstreep in OrangeosageCounty, Everyone in Glengarry Glen Ross.
6. Tom cruise,MorganFreeman, N.kidman,K.beckinsale,j aniston,will smith.
7. Godonlyforgives.
8. All starwars.

Feel free to share your hate/love list.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 20 September 2016 06:16 PM

1. What are your top 5 favorite Movies?
2. Your top 5 favorite directors?
3. Your top 5 favorite actors?
4. Actresses?
5. What’s your top 3 favorite performances in film?
6. Worst actors?
7. Most underrated film?
8. Most overrated?

1. Pulp Fiction, American Beauty, Ben-Hur, 12 Angry Men, Das Boot
2. Frank Darabont, Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, Jaco Van Dormael, M. Night Shyamalan (yes, you read that correctly)
3. Jack Nicholson, Paul Newman, Jack Lemmon, Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Fassbender
4. Meryl Streep, Ellen Burstyn, Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, Ellen Page
5. Marlon Brando in The Godfather, Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman, Geoffrey Rush in Shine, Meryl Streep in anything
6. Nicole Kidman, Johnny Depp post-Pirates, Angelina Jolie
7. The Postman
8. Vertigo

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Pulp Fiction (Tarantino)

Fight Club   (Fincher)

Angel Heart (Parker)

Blade Runner (Scott)

Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrick)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top