• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

There were also many other discussions between the gods like these that Iznogood posted in other novels as well (mostly Rincewind ones, with a few exceptions like Small Gods). I am breaking my head, but I think there was a moment in the novels similar to the one here in the game, where the Lady hides Rincewind to the exacly similar “place”.... I am searching for it right now….

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The gods does indeed make cameo appearances in many of the books, but if I remember correctly, the only other novel where they play this kind of game, with people and whatnot as their pieces, is Interesting Times.

Though I can’t guarantee that I remember this correctly.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 02 December 2014 11:59 AM

The gods does indeed make cameo appearances in many of the books, but if I remember correctly, the only other novel where they play this kind of game, with people and whatnot as their pieces, is Interesting Times.

Though I can’t guarantee that I remember this correctly.

Most certainly they also play (though not with Rincewind) in Small Gods when Om visits them in Cori Celesti. But in none of these situations the Lady tries to hide Rincewind. Still searching…..

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been wandering all over the disc collecting things but am not sure how everything fits together yet.  I did finally get access to Lady R.‘s sanctuary but it took a lot of finagling to pick up the blue ribbon.

Edit:  After trying all kinds of items with the guards, I got into the palace dungeons.  I also penetrated the imp’s disguise and found the pretty little sheep.  Tracing the wool was unexpected but fun.  (I do hate walking through that spider web every time I visit Nanny Ogg, which I’ve done numerous times.)

I’m not sure where to go next.  I think I’ll read some of your hints, Sefir.

Oh, and I just realized tonight that I can make the luggage inventory window bigger instead of scrolling up and down in that little window.  Crazy

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Who is ready for the next chapter? Has the majority obtained the first quest item yet?

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finally managed to get it.  From your clue, I knew I had to use the weight exchange trick and tried a bunch of items until I chanced upon the elusive sand pixel.  I love the Indy ending!

A trivia question:  What other game uses the same device that ended that section?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 December 2014 09:32 PM

Oh, and I just realized tonight that I can make the luggage inventory window bigger instead of scrolling up and down in that little window.  Crazy

I didn’t realize we could do this…
Thanks for mentioning it!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 03 December 2014 01:38 AM

Who is ready for the next chapter? Has the majority obtained the first quest item yet?

I’m behind, was kind of busy with work and other RL stuff this week. But I’ll try to catch up tonight. Smile

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A little fun interesting thing:
In act 1 we need a worm that we got from a tomato, here in act 3 we also need a worm which we get from somewhere else. But if you after using the worm in act 1, pick up a new tomato you can get a new worm, so you don’t actually have to go through the worm getting part here in act 3, you can just use your spare worm from act 1

Personally I have used every opportunity possible to reacquire items I have already used, so I still have a quantum butterfly in my inventory, but alas not any frog as I couldn’t resist using it one last time.

TimovieMan - 03 December 2014 06:35 AM
Lady Kestrel - 02 December 2014 09:32 PM

I didn’t realize we could do this…

He he - Expanding the luggage window was one of the first things I did in this game. If only someone had complained about having to scroll the inventory, then I could have saved you all a lot of trouble.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 03 December 2014 08:01 AM

Expanding the luggage window was one of the first things I did in this game. If only someone had complained about having to scroll the inventory, then I could have saved you all a lot of trouble.

I thought too that you would all have realized it by now… Mea Culpa. Since I am the leader I should have made it clear right from the beginning….
The interior of the Luggage is just a window to another dimension. And like all windows in your computer it can be dragged, change size, etc.  Tongue

BTW, I will give another 24-hours to finish this part. After that, we move to the next quest item.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Just picked up the talisman. I actually had the same problem as Iznogood. I was fairly confident that I had to use the Indiana trick, even before Sefirs hint (there was a pretty big nudge in the last chamber), but I thought I had tried every possible container for the sand. I have a history of wasting a lot of time trying to get the wrong ingenious solution to work, so I tend to be a bit sceptic of my own confidence in these matters.  Confused

I did this one a bit backwards. I try to follow the “explore-evaluate- ..expropriate” approach, but I ended up solving all the steps in the price-winning sheep part, including hanging up the picture, before getting the truth potion and thus realizing why I needed to do any of it in the first place…

At least I figured out the inventory puzzle pretty early on Grin

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone! Time to move on into the next quest item! After retrieving a valuable trophy from the Temple of Offler, where we risked our lives (our foot barely made it!) we are ready to fovus on the moustage.
If you think that the most notorious moustage puzzle was in GK3, then you are very, very mistaken….
You have until the 12th of December to find this quest item.

Tip 1: You are supposed to make the moustage from the tail of the donkey. If you couldn’t have imagined this, it would have been almost impossible to proceed logically.
Tip 2: This section requires a lot of cleaning.
Tip 3:
“Heavy traffic and reckless drivers are one big problem for Ankh-Morpork!! Let all civilians contribute to a better future. Any responsible for such accidents will be immediately punished!”

Sign
The Patrician.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m no longer participating in the CP. Nothing to do with the game, the thread, or the participants. Sorry.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 07 December 2014 10:04 AM

I’m no longer participating in the CP. Nothing to do with the game, the thread, or the participants. Sorry.

Frown

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, how do you people progress thus far? Has anyone found the 2nd quest item yet?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top