• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 28 February 2017 09:40 PM

3 hrs in Horizon

By far best Sony first party exclusive since godofwar and tlou
Even if you remove machines , i think graphics, story and character(Aloy) are worthy enough ( even small encounters with basic machine enemies is epic and fun )
This game feels like Japanese game in gameplay, solid

Smooth gameplay puts all other open world games to utter shame
No input lag shit here
And the meaty parts havent even started yet

Really surprised with Dragonage type conversations, good dialogues and character developments

Aloy>(new)Lara,Drake already if that is something to go by

Hope it sells millions, framerate, skill tress, music , VAs , all are super solid

Amount of effort and finesse is just staggering, this type of game comes in years

Get your copy or get ps4 if you must

pretty excited for this game myself to be honest, the only problems I have heard is that melee combat is pretty bad, I def will get this later in the yr got so many back games to get through, that it is crazy. just picked up sherlock holmes crime and punishment for the ps4 for like 10 bucks at target. This is def on my list to pick up though after witcher 3 and the expansions. ps4 seems to be blowing xbox out the water. only game I even miss from that console is gears of war and not all that much really.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

wilco - 27 February 2017 09:34 AM
Lucien21 - 26 February 2017 05:27 PM

Shadows of Mordor sequel leaked by Target?

Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.

In Middle-earth: Shadow of War, nothing will be forgotten.

Reveal trailer:

I need to put some time in the first game someday, I barely tried it

same here I thought the game was way overhyped and very generic, lost interest in it very quickly

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 02 March 2017 03:13 PM
nomadsoul - 28 February 2017 09:40 PM

3 hrs in Horizon

By far best Sony first party exclusive since godofwar and tlou
Even if you remove machines , i think graphics, story and character(Aloy) are worthy enough ( even small encounters with basic machine enemies is epic and fun )
This game feels like Japanese game in gameplay, solid

Smooth gameplay puts all other open world games to utter shame
No input lag shit here
And the meaty parts havent even started yet

Really surprised with Dragonage type conversations, good dialogues and character developments

Aloy>(new)Lara,Drake already if that is something to go by

Hope it sells millions, framerate, skill tress, music , VAs , all are super solid

Amount of effort and finesse is just staggering, this type of game comes in years

Get your copy or get ps4 if you must

pretty excited for this game myself to be honest, the only problems I have heard is that melee combat is pretty bad, I def will get this later in the yr got so many back games to get through, that it is crazy. just picked up sherlock holmes crime and punishment for the ps4 for like 10 bucks at target. This is def on my list to pick up though after witcher 3 and the expansions. ps4 seems to be blowing xbox out the water. only game I even miss from that console is gears of war and not all that much really.

Melee combat is far from bad, its serviceable and just there to have some critical hits and get you out of tough situations , its not a strength since Robos have very hard to hit weak spots and only projectiles can do the job, it serves its desired purpose and melee combat is not a major purpose tbh
Its shortcomings are your part of strategy and again unlike all other openworlds, no input lags…

Having beaten some major badass Robos now, i can safely say its even better than Tlou in gameplay…super intense at the levels of Souls series

Saving stuff for final review…:)

@ Shadowofmordor

I hated the input lag, same issue with asscreed games, and environments were bland and generic, Nemesis system was greaaat innovation for emergent gameplay but Orcs had samey weaknesses and some use to vanish while running , and combat got super repetitive and clunky, i defeated bosses in comical ways of exploiting clunkyness of combat

I hope they go to new heights and take a cue from Horizon , too late for it since its already coming in August

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 02 March 2017 06:25 AM

So this Zelda game seems to have some reviews now, seems to be pretty good... Gasp
Dusting off the WiiU first chance I get!!!!

Is it going to be good on the WiiU? or is there a big difference between that version and the Switch?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So this Zelda game seems to have some reviews now, seems to be pretty good... Gasp

Share impressions of gameplay, as from looks it feels toony souls, with super cheap textures, childish enemy designs and bland as hell environments

Zelda games always have highest scores like GTA,MKart,SMB or Mario galaxy etc
Nostalgia also factors in huge
I personally can’t muster hype after recent games i played , maybe later when i will have no game to play

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 March 2017 11:41 PM

Is it going to be good on the WiiU? or is there a big difference between that version and the Switch?

Switch ver has terrible lags and framedrops too
So wiiu

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 March 2017 11:49 PM
SoccerDude28 - 02 March 2017 11:41 PM

Switch ver has terrible lags and framedrops too
So wiiu

Switch version seems slightly better but not worth buying a console if you already own a WiiU. Glad WiiU perfomance is not terrible.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Sick critical reception for Breath of the Wild. Won’t be able to play it unfortunately.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The more I read about the switch, the less appealing it sounds, It is not backwards compatible, and comes only with 32 GB memory, so a reasonable 256 gb microsd will set u back another 40 dollars. Plus I heard a lot of complaints about the controller. I have been burned by the WiiU before so I think I will take a pass on this one.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 March 2017 02:25 PM

The more I read about the switch, the less appealing it sounds, It is not backwards compatible, and comes only with 32 GB memory, so a reasonable 256 gb microsd will set u back another 40 dollars. Plus I heard a lot of complaints about the controller. I have been burned by the WiiU before so I think I will take a pass on this one.

You forgot free VC games for online subscription Smile
At first i was like yeah Splatoon2
Then i realized they have paywall
I solod Nioh and refused to pay PSN+ why the hell i would pay for Switch

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 March 2017 01:58 AM

The only thing I like about the Switch is the concept of being a TV/portable hybrid that seems to work well. They pretty much butchered the rest of the launch starting with the worst launch lime-up ever… Maybe in 1 year it will be worth when Nintendo activates panic mode

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nier is at 93 on MC

Yeah another killer app no shit

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 March 2017 08:54 AM
nomadsoul - 05 March 2017 01:58 AM

The only thing I like about the Switch is the concept of being a TV/portable hybrid that seems to work well. They pretty much butchered the rest of the launch starting with the worst launch lime-up ever… Maybe in 1 year it will be worth when Nintendo activates panic mode

The problem though is that because it is a portable, it has to be underpowered, because it can’t fit fast technology into such small space. My crazy powered nVidia card itself is probably bigger in size than the switch console. I think third party support will again be non-existent because you have to build a high end version (Scorpio, PC, PS4 Plus), and a low end version for the Switch. That is why EA said that Fifa for the Switch will be the PS3/360 version. But which other 3rd party is going to bother making 360/PS3 versions for a (most probably)very small install base. I predict it will be the WiiU all over again, with only Nintendo games on the console.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If it was some XB1 or ps4 xclusive without any old brand or nostalgia, gamers and journos would be all over Zelda’s bad graphics and presentation
Its funny how Nintendo games always get a free pass on some matters

If Zelda is causing heaving stuttering on Switch then i wonder what future it will bring

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Getting errors in other thread so here it goes

wilco - 05 March 2017 08:51 AM

Have may hours have you put into the game It’s not Witcher big, is it?

It was 30+ hours for me for main quests and some side quests
Luckily i have save point before some NPC warns me of point of no return and just found out that there is other pathway and complete ending and dialogues changing in main quests on completing side quests and even errands, so playing again Meh

Now doing all Side quests as well as found out that Cauldrons unlock hacking, and yes you can hack all Machines, now new emergent layer of the game, now i am making my machines army in between fights to fight other machines, epic showdown no slowdown

But one thing for sure, unlike other games you dont want it to end

Still not burnt out

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top