• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

wilco - 15 June 2016 07:13 PM

@Abnaxus
Too bad about Romenia letting the victory slip at the second half, they can still go through if they beat Albania seems like might be a tough match, although Albania absolutely needing a win might open up the game.

It was hard to watch, Romania played really bad, we didn`t deserve the point. If Anghel Iordanescu doesn`t change anything especially with our strikers, Albania will absolutely crush us. Players like Andone who is the top scorrer in the Spanish Segunda Division or Alibec who is probably the best player from the Romanian First League are being kept on the bench Pan

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 15 June 2016 07:13 PM

Fantastic goal by Hamsik vs Russia.

Yes, a real beauty!

One has to feel sorry for the Russian coach, though. After the millions they spent on Capello, the coach now is a “volunteer” as in: “not getting paid”.
And the way things are going, he’s probably going to be transferred to Siberia afterwards…

France lucky to beat Albania at the very end, that was surprising.

Second half, and especially the last 30 minutes they were putting on so much pressure that a goal was inevitable, though.

I think Deschamps started with Pogba and Griezmann on the bench just to show them that they’re not guaranteed a starting spot, and to get them to play better. And he probably thought “tiny” Albania was a good opponent to do something like that against, since they were probably winning comfortably anyway. Must’ve been a stressful first 80 minutes then. Grin

Abnaxus - 16 June 2016 02:26 AM

Players like Andone who is the top scorrer in the Spanish Segunda Division or Alibec who is probably the best player from the Romanian First League are being kept on the bench Pan

What do you think about this whole “Alibec smoking” controversy?

Frankly, I don’t buy it. Under the motto “pics or it didn’t happen”, I’m siding with the player. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

TimovieMan - 16 June 2016 03:03 AM
Abnaxus - 16 June 2016 02:26 AM

Players like Andone who is the top scorrer in the Spanish Segunda Division or Alibec who is probably the best player from the Romanian First League are being kept on the bench Pan

What do you think about this whole “Alibec smoking” controversy?

Frankly, I don’t buy it. Under the motto “pics or it didn’t happen”, I’m siding with the player. Smile

Hmm I don`t know, Alibec is a heavy smoker and Sumudica (his coach at Astra Giurgiu) said many times that he doesn`t care if he smokes or drinks as longs as he plays well and scores, but I don`t think he would risk it at such a big tournament when all the cameras are on the players 24/7.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Abnaxus - 16 June 2016 03:22 AM

I don`t think he would risk it at such a big tournament when all the cameras are on the players 24/7.

Exactly!

There are so many cameras everywhere, not to mention smartphones, and this claim comes without footage?

If he did it, he’s highly unprofessional, but without photographic evidence, I’m calling BS on the matter.

Several years ago, when Hazard was subbed at half time and left the stadium to grab a hamburger, there were hundreds of pictures. Heck, I think a bona fide camera crew even caught that. Tongue
And that was for a friendly or a qualifier (I forget), not in the most watched event of the moment.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 16 June 2016 03:03 AM

And the way things are going, he’s probably going to be transferred to Siberia afterwards…

Look on the bright side - he’ll finally meet mammoths. Grin Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wales Frown
So close, England probably deserved it but a terrible way to lose. Still very much in the run to go through.

TimovieMan - 16 June 2016 03:33 AM
Abnaxus - 16 June 2016 03:22 AM

I don`t think he would risk it at such a big tournament when all the cameras are on the players 24/7.

Exactly!

There are so many cameras everywhere, not to mention smartphones, and this claim comes without footage?

If he did it, he’s highly unprofessional, but without photographic evidence, I’m calling BS on the matter.

Several years ago, when Hazard was subbed at half time and left the stadium to grab a hamburger, there were hundreds of pictures. Heck, I think a bona fide camera crew even caught that. Tongue
And that was for a friendly or a qualifier (I forget), not in the most watched event of the moment.

Cameras everywhere, they even catch all of Low scratching and sniffing habits Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Yeah ENgland unfortunatly deserved the win, they had all the possession and were unlucky to go in a half time 1 down. The subs to bring on more strikers worked out for them.

Northern Ireland just had a great win of Ukraine. So go NI.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Germany : Poland is the most boring game i’ve ever seen. I wan the last 2 hours back.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Germany didn’t push it all the way, and Poland was defending and looking to counter attack. But, yeah, dreadful match. Trivia: Germany failed to win second match of the tournament in Euro 2000, WC 2002, Euro 2004, Euro 2008, WC 2010 and WC 2014, and now Euro 2016.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not a lot of goals but there are no easy wins in this Euro, every team seems competitive. I was surprised at the North Ireland display and Poland had pretty good chances to win it

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Watching Copa America parallel to the Euro Cup and the contrast in enjoyment is strong.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 16 June 2016 11:53 AM

Cameras everywhere, they even catch all of Low scratching and sniffing habits Smile

LOL. You’d expect he’d know better. Although wiping a booger on Ronaldo’s hands might’ve been a statement two years ago. Grin

Does every player and every coach have a dedicated camera just watching them specifically? Would make sense in an event this big.

Lucien21 - 16 June 2016 02:25 PM

Yeah ENgland unfortunatly deserved the win, they had all the possession and were unlucky to go in a half time 1 down. The subs to bring on more strikers worked out for them.

Except that they should’ve been on the pitch as starters, imo.

Northern Ireland just had a great win of Ukraine. So go NI.

I had a good laugh when Northern Ireland was described as “the ugly duckling” or “the weakest link” in this Championship. They WON their qualifying group, FFS!
Very happy they could show they have a very capable side that’s tough to play against.

Lucien21 - 16 June 2016 04:38 PM

Germany : Poland is the most boring game i’ve ever seen. I wan the last 2 hours back.

I agree. If there’s one match I didn’t expect to be the most drab match so far, it’s this one.
On the other hand, both teams are more than happy splitting the points and maximizing their chance to go through as first and second. If Germany beats Northern Ireland, then Poland is second in the group, even if they lose vs Ukraine.

I’m looking forward to the second match today. Of all teams so far, Croatia has been the most enjoyable to watch. I’m hoping for a repeat.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

So many late goals in this tournament as Italy score with 2 mins to go.

Italy 1-0 Sweden

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Italy-Sweden
Come on, elimination rounds can’t come soon enough if this keeps up. But another game solved in the final minutes, deserved for Italy, good goal.
I usually like Sweden but after 2 games they still have 0 shots on target

Tongue

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

A minority of Croatian fans are being arseholes. Fighting in the stands and flares thrown on pitch. Do they want their team thrown out?

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top