• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

E3 trailer out but more noteworthy thing,
I said july is empty, its not anymore Wink

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

oh wow, pretty soon.
Normally i wait for a season to be done before starting episodic games.
But i suppose i wont be able to resist here to see what all the commotion turns out.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Let’s keep fingers crossed that it will be actually good.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

FWIW, GameSpot are really, really, really liking what they saw of the game at E3.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/king-s-quest-a-revival-worth-celebrating/1100-6428282/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So pretty, only concern now is length of an episode.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

A new review:
http://www.examiner.com/article/e3-2015-king-s-quest-revives-old-school-adventure-game-magic-preview

Some notes:

-The script for Chapter I is 640 pages long.
-In the game, you can click on pretty much anything on screen and get a response ala KQ5-6.
-The game has multiple branching pages and endings ala KQ6, and lots of optional content/quests, and a ton of gags aimed at KQ diehards.
-There is not much QTE. Some moments of it, but far less than The Walking Dead or TT Games in general.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^where do you see that on the script? cant find it.
Assuming that is the case.. that could mean pretty much anything. A 3 hour telltale episode could probably fill 650 pages under the right circumstances.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Fun fact: the author of that Examiner piece is a former Sierra employee. Smile

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

zane - 19 June 2015 10:38 PM

^where do you see that on the script? cant find it.

It is in the Sierra Gamers group on facebook, Matt Korba (the director of the new KQ) said it.

Also, there is this about the length:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/king-s-quest-a-revival-worth-celebrating/1100-6428282/

“According to Korba, the first chapter’s script alone is about 600 pages long—about the entire length of Grim Fandango’s. Much of that writing and voiceover is committed to flavor narration that occurs when Graham tries to combine inventory objects that can’t be used together, or continues to use environmental objects over and over again. Consider these lines that the older Graham might intone if you try to go west when the game is clearly prodding you to go east.

“After all that graceful rappelling, I was certainly not headed back that way!”

“As I was saying, I followed the road to the east, and headed to the knight tournament.”

“Ahem. East!”

“Suddenly, a gust of wind pushed me down the road, and I headed east!”

That same gust of wind also pushes a fallen log into the way, blocking Graham’s attempts to go the wrong way. What a small detail—and yet, what I saw during the demo proved that King’s Quest thrives on these details. And when every line is so cleverly written and so charmingly performed, how can you not be taken in?

Later comes a moment when Graham blows into what appears to be a summoning horn. What might the gangly, good-natured knight-in-training say if you continually interact with it?

“That large horn seemed to be missing some sort of mouthpiece.”

“The horn was broken, but that didn’t stop me from blowing on it.”

“Realizing a lot of people probably put their mouths on that horn, I was disgusted. I slowly backed away and never blew that horn again.”

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm interesting, well it certainly sounds like theyr on the right path.

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Some more new footage:

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

http://nzgamer.com/previews/1253/king-s-quest-hands-on.html
Another new KQ preview, some highlights:
“Progressing through King’s Quest is more reminiscent of older adventure games than the dialogue-centric take that Telltale Games have made popular. That means lots of exploring, inspecting things, and collecting items to use to solve puzzles. But where a lot of older games suffered from poor user interfaces or obtuse puzzles, King’s Quest feels decidedly modern. The puzzles and exploration all flow together nicely, the UI is clean and responsive…...
The sheer amount of content in the game is something to behold. In most cases, you can inspect something numerous times, getting a new piece of dialogue each time – sometimes, with upwards of 12 or so separate pieces of audio for one item. There are even whole sequences that most players won’t even see because they’re hidden away in dialogue trees.”

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

This is looking more promising every time I see it. Smile

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Does anybody know the pc requirements for the new King’s Quest game ?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^no i dont think theyv released that info yet. Probably in the next 2-3 weeks itll go up for preorder and itll be posted then.
Id guess it wont be super demanding, but need a somewhat modern gpu at least.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top