• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah i guess thats good.
Though personally id prefer the overall polished product of the first chapter with QTE’s, instead of the much less polished product of the 2nd without qte. We’ll see Tongue

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Really excited about that new chapter.

I loved both the first and second chapter (with a slight preference for the second chapter) and love how they vary the game concept from chapter to chapter.

If they continue like this, this game has the potential to become my new favorite game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its already new fav for me, giom, but i add(or elaborate); maybe it could represent a new breakthrough/presentation to be followed for years to come?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I still haven’t played the second episode, but surprisingly enough I didn’t really mind the QTE events in the first episode. Usually QTE’s feel a bit tacked on, but there the Odd Gentlemen had found a decent enough middle ground where the events meshed better within the gameplay itself.

Not that I’m saddened from their decision to remove them completely.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Okay, I finally got around playing EP2. So overall, it was okay, but I did like the first episode better, as it felt more like a KQ game to me. It was the whole cave setting that did bring it down a notch, as it just didn’t look as vibrant and lively as the first episode does. I did like the humour though, but I do hope EP3 goes back to outside world like EP1 is.

The whole food angle was pretty good premesis. It does bring in a solid strategy puzzle, especially if you’re like me and start obsessing about that everyone should live. I ended up stopping my first play through just to get in the better direction. And after that I went it through the third time, just to make sure I’d get the optimal resolution.

It’s pretty easy to see why there’s people who don’t like EP2 that much, as the biggest puzzle of it is more of a strategic one instead of typical adventure fare. Personally I liked it and there’s even now some things in it I didn’t manage to figure out, despite I did manage to keep all the humans on their feet. I also like the story is showing how Graham matures as a person and as a ruler, which is something the originals never really did touch that much.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t know if this goes into ‘positive talk’ but why don’t the developers and everyone else refer to this game as King’s Quest IX. It is, after all, the ninth instalment of King’s Quest, and that way it doesn’t get confused with the first game, which is also called ‘King’s Quest’.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Because it would make people think that the story is a continuation of the 8 previous games and that they need to have played those to enjoy the new one.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Would it? Are any of the other games continuations? I thought they were all just loosely connected stories.

Oh well. I’m just going to keep calling it King’s Quest 9.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oscar - 18 April 2016 02:54 PM

Would it? Are any of the other games continuations? I thought they were all just loosely connected stories.

Oh well. I’m just going to keep calling it King’s Quest 9.

They are stories that progress on the same time line. Whereas this game is a reboot, which goes back to the beginning of that timeline, re-tells and re-writes it in its own way. So calling it kq9 wouldnt make much sense. One could argue calling mask of eternity KQ8 didnt make the most sense Tongue ..though it still presumably occurs after kq7. And the rest of the series is pretty heavily driven by a chronology.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Point taken, but calling it “King’s Quest” is stupid.

Call it anything - Monarch’s Expedition or something. Or at least give it a subtitle.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Have you played it Oscar?
It’s Graham telling his past stories his granddaughter (daughter ot Alexander) and Gart (son of Rosella) of how he became king and so on. It’s all based on the original saga so it should be called Kings Quest and 9 wouldn’t make sense,
It’s more connected to KQ than VIII.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

well calling it KQ is definitely the right thing to do. And i suppose really there are subtitles: for each episode.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

wilco - 18 April 2016 03:30 PM

Have you played it Oscar?

No. I don’t play episodics until they’re complete. Besides, I haven’t even completed KQI-IV or VIII and I doubt I will be soon. Not a huge fan of the series.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d call it more of a soft reboot more than a sequal really. That’s why it would make as little sense to call it KQ9 as it would make little sense to call Batman Begins Batman 5.

It’s a lovely little game all in all and I’d wager it’s easier to approach for even those that didn’t like the original games.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 18 April 2016 02:43 PM

I don’t know if this goes into ‘positive talk’ but why don’t the developers and everyone else refer to this game as King’s Quest IX. It is, after all, the ninth instalment of King’s Quest, and that way it doesn’t get confused with the first game, which is also called ‘King’s Quest’.

Many other ips also get base name and new tagline for new comers.
Like new Ratchet which is basically a remake.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top