• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ridiculously good Horizon footage,

More footage,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1275048

That engine is witcher killer, though can never ever reach w3 story and world, gameplay and graphics look like to kill it.
Vegas quest designer and writer is reassuring, though.

Edit

Masseffect tweeeeet hinting at Sony Neo footage?
20 mins till Neo reveal…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So ps4Pro priced at 399$, thats a steal.
Horizon makes all games look like ps3 comfirmed.
Cdp to Ndog owned in an instant.

And to find it funny, sticky platforming gameplay mechanic of uc4 is just a fraction of Horizon.

And small spidey clip looks great too.

Edit

Horizon footage from Ps4neo stage

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

And Playstation and XBOX have turned into PC’s. Yay?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The PS4 Pro doesn’t come with a 4K disk player? Weird. Sony trying to kill physical media faster?

About the console don’t see the need to release it so soon. Will be interesting to see how the comparisons between Ps4xPs4ProxPC when it’s actually out and the games that will take advantage of it next year.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 September 2016 09:44 PM

Steam machines to be more correct, but i feared this result since ps3 patches invasion.
Make me think how ps2 games were rock solid without patches.
Now i have to dload gbs of patches every now and then like pc, my Doom patch still downloading, and new one pops up b4 i finish the last one.

@Wilco
Sony want to be first and get the share, 100$ parity means once your console get busted or fails, you buy new one and probably new iterative model, the price parity will make it easy to switch,regardless of big boost. Then there is tradein with old models, as long as Sony
can manage good flow of skus, it can be great business model onwards.

Only drawback is Devs optimization, they will need more time more resources more QA etc.

Moreover i need real games using Pro, like that ugly Masseffect demo, bad animations, DAge textures,bad lipsynch of ps3 gen only at 4k, feels like ps3 game at 4k.
And TR demo at 4k had same shimmering ugly shadows at 4k, wats the point?

Actual engine and animations come first.
Thats why Inside on medium pc rig or laptop can shit on ME demo or TR.

Tl;dr , upgrade graphics and animations first like Horizon,spidey or Cp2077.
And boost framerate at 60 on 1080 first b4 making pretty pictures.
That horizon demo at 4k still not 60fps.
Wats the point?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Edit

Wat i feared,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1275235

So if TR cant do 4k at 60 fps then Ps4pro making horizon or Cpunk type powerhouse at 4k 60fps is a pipedream.
I guess Scorpio can use this as their strength.
So pro is either 1080 at 60
Or
4k at 30.
I will take former.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 September 2016 06:36 AM
SoccerDude28 - 07 September 2016 09:44 PM

Steam machines to be more correct, but i feared this result since ps3 patches invasion.
Make me think how ps2 games were rock solid without patches.
Now i have to dload gbs of patches every now and then like pc, my Doom patch still downloading, and new one pops up b4 i finish the last one.

@Wilco
Sony want to be first and get the share, 100$ parity means once your console get busted or fails, you buy new one and probably new iterative model, the price parity will make it easy to switch,regardless of big boost. Then there is tradein with old models, as long as Sony
can manage good flow of skus, it can be great business model onwards.

Only drawback is Devs optimization, they will need more time more resources more QA etc.

Moreover i need real games using Pro, like that ugly Masseffect demo, bad animations, DAge textures,bad lipsynch of ps3 gen only at 4k, feels like ps3 game at 4k.
And TR demo at 4k had same shimmering ugly shadows at 4k, wats the point?

Actual engine and animations come first.
Thats why Inside on medium pc rig or laptop can shit on ME demo or TR.

Tl;dr , upgrade graphics and animations first like Horizon,spidey or Cp2077.
And boost framerate at 60 on 1080 first b4 making pretty pictures.
That horizon demo at 4k still not 60fps.
Wats the point?

I agree, there is no point so far. At least to upgrade from old PS4. New users will probably want to get it but they really haven’t sold it very well.
Seems a bit rushed to me and makes me think it’s because of PS VR. Since I don’t have any motivation to get the PS4Pro I’m probably pulling the plug on the PSVR pre-order. Going to wait for next year to see how it goes and what is Sony’s answer to the Scorpio.
Btw, the Pro looks so ugly…

You guys are talking about consoles being turned to PCs model but I think it’s much more the Apple model. I can change different pieces of my PC without having to buy a new one.
This is like Apple releasing a new phone or tablet every year making the older one obsolete.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

VR gonna hurt your eyes too in long term, blue light is already dangerous from tablets and phones, leds infront your eyes gonna be serious in long term.
Plus you will get tech demoes which you will exhaust in a month, thats not worthy of 400$ device.
Buy a good gold jewelry for yor wife instead
Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So its not even native 4k?
Smokenmirrors, sony pulled a third degree hoax.

“Native 4k for $399 on a console cant be done, the $699 GTX 1080 can’t even do 4k/60 on games like the Witcher,so course a $399 console can’t do it at 4k/30”

CP2077 scorpio bundle it is then.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 September 2016 09:13 AM

“Native 4k for $399 on a console cant be done, the $699 GTX 1080 can’t even do 4k/60 on games like the Witcher,so course a $399 console can’t do it at 4k/30”

Yeah, I was listening to a podcast, and it seems that it is uprezzing or something, just like the new XBOX S model. It has a slightly better GPU and CPU and 1 TB of data, but I bought 2 TB for less than a hundred and installed it in my old PS4. It can be done with no knowledge whatsoever of hardware, by just watching a youtube video. It is really like going from an iphone 5 to an iphone 5s rather than iphone 6. What is really mind blowing to me, is that it can’t even play 4K blue ray movies, and Sony was the company to push blue ray. The XBOX One S can. The whole thing seems half assed.

Edit: Here’s a link about that.
http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/07/xbox-one-s-does-what-playstation-4-pront-play-uhd-4k-blu-ray-discs/

Sony screwed up royally with this one.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 08 September 2016 06:52 AM

I don’t have any motivation to get the PS4Pro I’m probably pulling the plug on the PSVR pre-order. Going to wait for next year to see how it goes and what is Sony’s answer to the Scorpio.
Btw, the Pro looks so ugly…

I completely agree, if PSVR is going to run like crap on the current PS4, I am really iffy about getting PSVR. I actually was planning to get it, but now I’m in your boat, wait and see.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 September 2016 11:27 AM

Yeah, I was listening to a podcast, and it seems that it is uprezzing or something, just like the new XBOX S model. It has a slightly better GPU and CPU and 1 TB of data, but I bought 2 TB for less than a hundred and installed it in my old PS4. It can be done with no knowledge whatsoever of hardware, by just watching a youtube video. It is really like going from an iphone 5 to an iphone 5s rather than iphone 6. What is really mind blowing to me, is that it can’t even play 4K blue ray movies, and Sony was the company to push blue ray. The XBOX One S can. The whole thing seems half assed.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/07/xbox-one-s-does-what-playstation-4-pront-play-uhd-4k-blu-ray-discs/

So these sony apologists also not convinced,

Colin is right, why not wait for 2018 for ps4 pro with real upgrade?
And in recent AHouse interview he said he wanted PC userbase not to jump to PC, so here is pspro with halfass features.
Deep down, its an effort to force 4k tvs. Naughty

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 September 2016 12:10 PM
SoccerDude28 - 08 September 2016 11:27 AM

So these sony apologists also not convinced,

Colin is right, why not wait for 2018 for ps4 pro with real upgrade?
And in recent AHouse interview he said he wanted PC userbase not to jump to PC, so here is pspro with halfass features.
Deep down, its an effort to force 4k tvs. Naughty

Yeah I know, there was barely a clap yesterday versus the amazing showing they had when they announced the PS4. This is Sony being Sony again Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think 1080/60fps could add alot in spidey, its the most watched trailer of E3 at 10+million, Insomniac has biggest hit in their hands and potentially a great playing game too.
Masseffect not supportin 60, while Withess 60fps patch is in works.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top