• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 05 May 2015

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Text adventure of this month is Infocom’s Trinity (1986) by Brian Moriarty. No graphics for once, sorry. I wanted to use it anyway, not only because it’s one of the best text adventures ever, but also because today the Dutch celebrate that Holland was liberated by the Canadian Army seventy years ago.

Trinity deals with the prevention of destruction and the history of the atomic bomb. It’s a mix of reality and fantasy. Poetic, symbolic and touching, never gruesome or in-your-face. You are a tourist in London, on the first day of World War III. Only seconds before an H-bomb vaporizes the city. When the bird woman in the screenshot shrieks: “It’s time!”, you can escape to another dimension by following the roadrunner and travel through time and space to visit places like Siberia, Nagasaki and of course the Trinity site in New Mexico. 

Moriarty went to New Mexico as part of his research. He wanted the game to be as historically accurate as possible. See here for his article about this trip in the New Zork Times.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top