• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that quote!

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I deal with environmentalists every day and I have made concessions to almost every such group extant. I will not now be bullied by the Chocolate Alliance.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon ???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

TimovieMan - 11 May 2014 05:02 PM

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon ???

Yes!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Here’s a classic line, but from which classic? Tongue

You stand before a small bridge, the only means of proceeding forward. A simple sign planted in the ground nearby states “Stop, Pay Troll”.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Monkey Island 1;

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not TSoMI. Remember, this is an actual in-game text. It’s the quote-thread after all. Grin

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Scratch all of that I know now, it’s the Collosal cave adventure, the mother of all adventure gamess and annoying mazes haha.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nope. It’s from a graphical adventure game, not a text adventure… Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That sounds like a Legend game… Companions of Xanth?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 14 May 2014 06:44 AM

That sounds like a Legend game… Companions of Xanth?

We have a winner!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Aggressive little wart, ain’t ya?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Ben from Full Throttle

Life is what it is.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wasn’t it being said by the bearded gang member… ? Anyway, you’re right! Grin

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 14 May 2014 06:35 AM

Nope. It’s from a graphical adventure game, not a text adventure… Wink

Actually, I think Colossal Cave Adventure is right too.

Take a look at this:

http://mud.wikia.com/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

Other memorable lines from the game are:
-A sign at a stone bridge warns, “Stop, pay troll.

I remember the line from Xanth but it seems it’s actually a reference to CCA, which I’ve never played.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 14 May 2014 06:22 PM

Actually, I think Colossal Cave Adventure is right too.

Take a look at this:

http://mud.wikia.com/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

Other memorable lines from the game are:
-A sign at a stone bridge warns, “Stop, pay troll.

I would agree with you if the quote was “Stop, Pay Troll.”, but it wasn’t. It was “You stand before a small bridge, the only means of proceeding forward. A simple sign planted in the ground nearby states “Stop, Pay Troll”.Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top