• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Find the common denominator!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jabod - 18 October 2017 10:04 AM

I can’t agree with that Kurufinwe. Monsters, ok, probably but not animals. That’s pretty rare from my memory. People are far more common. Just off the top of my head I could add Pandora, Orion Conspiracy, X-Files, Black Dahlia and no doubt many more.

Yeah, but by including the minotaur and the yeti (not to mention the werewolves), you are counting monsters. And so then we have the dragon from KQ1, the snake from KQ2, the giant spider and Medusa from KQ3 (seriously, what is it with Roberta Williams and killing things?), the aquatic dino-thing from Rex Nebular, the boar from Conquests of Camelot, the giant snake from Indy FoA (though those two have you kill a few people as well), etc. Straight up cute, furry animals don’t get killed much, but monsters probably a little bit more than people.

It was a clever and fair conundrum anyway, and I can’t believe it took us so long to figure it out.

Jabod - 18 October 2017 11:32 AM

You use a sausage with a lit fuse to fake dynamite. No dead goat there I’m afraid

Well, it does end up as a kebab, but George and Nico don’t do the killing. Tongue

Is it connected with voice recordings?

Not at all.

Let’s add more examples! (This is a VERY common adventure gaming trope; I’m not going to be running out of ideas any time soon.)

Under a Killing Moon
The Longest Journey
Gabriel Knight 2
The Dig
King’s Quest V
Dracula 3
Prisoner of Ice
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Gabriel Knight 1

NOT: Broken Sword 2, King’s Quest VI

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can’t remember for all of the games, but is it they’re divided into days?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

diego - 18 October 2017 02:58 PM

Can’t remember for all of the games, but is it they’re divided into days?

Nope. Wouldn’t apply to The Dig, KQ5, Indy 3…

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is it that you meet someone from a different time, either past or future?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That fits a surprisingly high number of games on the list! But it’s not what I had in mind. It has nothing to do with items you can find or people you can interact with.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Could it be too do with mazes?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I don’t think The Dig or TLJ had mazes, so no.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Could it be that they feature humans in a hybrid / alternate life form (vampire, werewolf, mutant, near-immortal guardian of something…)?

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Diary featured?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Both guesses are wrong.

Extra hint: You’d expect the common denominator to be all over the Myst series, but it really only appears in the first game (and briefly in Myst V if you’re really dumb).

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Mist?
Laughing

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No. We’re looking for a location.

And this has gone on for far too long; I’ll post the answer in 24 hours if no one has guessed it by then.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Library/Museum?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Pick one. Tongue

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Library seems the better bet although I can think of one library that could be called a museum Smile

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top