• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #69: The Dig

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Adv_Lvr - 18 December 2021 08:53 AM
Jdawg445 - 18 December 2021 07:41 AM
Vegetable Party - 18 December 2021 06:33 AM

That’s a really good point. I would’ve missed it, too focused on the environment and the mystery. All I need is a bag of popcorn.

Second point: that might’ve been fun! Could’ve worked, as well: it’s an ideal opportunity to write a career defining book. You’re literally the only one with access to the inner workings of your source material.

Maybe there’s something to be said for the characters not getting that much extra story and background. There seems to be a great sense of mystery in this game and I feel the whole might be greater than the sum of its parts.

Yeah if it seems like I’m nitpicking its bc i think the game is close to a masterpiece, but falls just short in the character department. I think the story itself is great minus one huge info dump that will come in the third part of our playthrough. The devs really do create the atmosphere of an alien world in pixel graphics. This is one of the best alien worlds I’ve ever seen in a video games to this day.  the game does such a wonderful job of creating atmosphere and even tension because you think there could be danger lurking around every corner. Even though it’s mostly a very peaceful and tranquil game, but the mood just keeps it right on that edge if you know what I mean. If the character development was just a bit better, they could have had a masterpiece

I can see this game being a masterpiece if the following issues noted in the 3 star review this site gave it were addressed:

The Bad:
Very outdated VGA gameplay graphics
Mediocre voice acting
Cheesy dialogue at important points in the game
Too many ridiculously complicated puzzles

To me it’s more of a cult game than anything, I’d love to see a remaster that addressed these issues and the cardboard thin characters to make the game a masterpiece like Broken Sword or Syberia.

I have reached the check point and I am ready to move on.

Heart

I am at the checkpoint and ready to move on…………….

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

TimovieMan - 24 December 2021 08:26 PM

Well, actually it’s a Wayne’s World reference since he never literally says the line “Have you seen this boy?” in T2… Tongue

The other reference was already accessible from the start: use the magnifying glass on your communicator a couple of times. Boston will state it’s the T-1000 model… Grin

Lol I never even realised this was one of those “fake quotes”)) I was sure it was a direct line from Termintor 2! Good job, Wayne’s World.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I haven’t yet, but I’ll be getting back to the game in a couple of minutes. I think I’m well on my way.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Cant wait to continue. I forced myself to stop playing. It was a pretty long section btw. At least for me because i didnt know what puzzle to focus and spent a long time at puzzles like the waterfall that i cant solve yet (i think).

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m stuck.

I got to the planetarium, but I don’t know what to do in there. I’ve tried to create some kind of moon eclipse like one of the displays in museum showed me, but I’m not getting any feedback, so it feels super frustrating.

I can’t get back to nexus by jumping across the wave which is the way I came in. There is a light bridge, but I can’t get it to work. I’ve tried all the positions of the lens and everything item I have on the panel. There’s also the crevise but nothing works in there either.

Bah.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I feel you! I got stuck there as well, though my greatest obstacle proved to be a piece of jewelry I hadn’t picked up yet. I thought I wouldn’t be able to get back to the Nexus until I solved everything here, but after exhausting all of my options, I noticed something in my inventory that nudged me in the right direction.

To get back on track, I had to cross the gap with the wave. I figured out a way to create a different kind of overpass. A bridge of a very crude and old-fashioned variety.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Vegetable Party - 26 December 2021 07:05 PM

I feel you! I got stuck there as well, though my greatest obstacle proved to be a piece of jewelry I hadn’t picked up yet. I thought I wouldn’t be able to get back to the Nexus until I solved everything here, but after exhausting all of my options, I noticed something in my inventory that nudged me in the right direction.

To get back on track, I had to cross the gap with the wave. I figured out a way to create a different kind of overpass. A bridge of a very crude and old-fashioned variety.

Oh god, I had not noticed the huge boulder. I tried everything on the chasm too. Was there a hotspot highlighter in ScummVM? I seem to really need one.  Foot in mouth

At least I got out for now.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I have found the tomb and turned on the lights.
I should be able to play the game tomorrow.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think I’m stuck again, though I’m very tired and will sleep on it. Might be able to tackle it on another day.

Anyway, at the moment I am still looking for the last piece of metal plate to the alcove and the way to enter the chambers below the tomb. I have a light beam inside the tomb and can get the trigger to stay down, but then nothing is happening even though I wander around and try everything on everything.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 26 December 2021 09:08 PM

Anyway, at the moment I am still looking for the last piece of metal plate to the alcove

Leave that for the next section. Smile

and the way to enter the chambers below the tomb. I have a light beam inside the tomb and can get the trigger to stay down, but then nothing is happening even though I wander around and try everything on everything.

You know what to do, but Boston doesn’t. Boston needs to see a certain hint first. You may want to go to the map room for that.

This had me stumped for a long time as well when I first played the game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I think I’m at that particular point as well. I’ll boot the game up in a minute and see if I can reach the checkpoint today.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

TimovieMan - 26 December 2021 09:56 PM

You know what to do, but Boston doesn’t. Boston needs to see a certain hint first. You may want to go to the map room for that.

This had me stumped for a long time as well when I first played the game.

I’ve been there to look at that particular hint several times, and I’ve also talked about it with other people. Still stumped. Though I didn’t start the game again yet, will try to see if I get forward tonight.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Same!

I discovered a new location, I did get the message in the map room (the second one for this code, I think..) I uncovered a pretty cool pyramid shape near the tomb. I revisited and have gotten a hint from the museum as well.

Let me get my brain helmet. it’s int+4 but char-10 because it looks ridiculous

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I had to look at the walkthru, and I realised something not related but stupid: that the light bridges are already working, I just didn’t realise I had to keep the button pressed for them to actually form… I thought they’d “activate” once I got them all set up or something. I knew I had set them up right, but without the activation. Sigh.

But the real issue was the planetarium. I still don’t get why they had to be in that direction from the planet, even though I knew from the start that I need to create the eclipse. Did I miss something?

Anyway, got further now, and I’m on the stopping stop.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

millenia - 27 December 2021 04:19 PM

I had to look at the walkthru, and I realised something not related but stupid: that the light bridges are already working, I just didn’t realise I had to keep the button pressed for them to actually form… I thought they’d “activate” once I got them all set up or something. I knew I had set them up right, but without the activation. Sigh.

A known issue, and one I had trouble with myself the first time. It’s been mentioned a couple of times in this thread already, but in spoiler tags, which is probably why you missed it…

But the real issue was the planetarium. I still don’t get why they had to be in that direction from the planet, even though I knew from the start that I need to create the eclipse. Did I miss something?

The big hint is the engraving near the tomb.

It shows you need to create an eclipse right in the hole in that spire that’s visible from the tomb. If you look at the small smudged image of the planet and its moons, at the bottom between the middle and right images, it shows the exact location you need to reach in the planetarium. I’m the first to admit that it’s a very vague hint, and would’ve been better if it was one of the bigger images on that engraving instead...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top