• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #75: The Neverhood

Total Posts: 7478

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 07 November 2022 11:11 AM

I did need bit of a nudge to complete the ’steps’ puzzle as I failed to connect the sound to that of the bell in Klayman’s flytrap room

Not sure what you mean? To the best of my knowledge the bell in the flytrap room (the fifth cord) only turns on the radio, nothing else.

The other nudges I needed were how to get through the door in the pink room, thinking that I need something to weigh down the pressure plate

At first I thought the door closing too soon was a random occurrence and I just had to repeat opening it a couple of times. Obviously I was wrong.

& (I could kick myself for this one as it’s so obvious) the sequence of colours to activate the shrinking machine.

It was never obvious to me, fortunately I have the excuse of being Dutch. Smile

I didn’t mind that puzzle except that I’d made drawings of the symbols & then had to go back & repeat it as I couldn’t, due to my sloppy work, decipher the last 4 symbols!

My problem with those symbols was that I must have heard that one symbol was connected to a particular sound, but it didn’t really register as important. Shifty Eyed So my row of symbols was always wrong.

As I did finish this section with 14 tapes I did play through the first 11 to read Willie’s story so far.

Yes, it will be easier to understand what’s going on. I was going to suggest playing the tapes before starting the final section.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nico2021 - 07 November 2022 11:12 AM

I played for an hour yesterday, and i think i solved just one puzzle. Going around in the vehicle on the walls is very tedious, and didnt find anything usefull so far. Need to understand what the panel with button you change symbols does. Generally didnt have that much fun yesterday with puzzles. Also need to find the combination for the cannon. I have found only half of it.

Don’t worry aboutthe cannon combination for now. Try firing it without the combination, if you haven’t already. The panel symbols will become important later.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 07 November 2022 01:19 PM
chrissie - 07 November 2022 11:11 AM

I did need bit of a nudge to complete the ’steps’ puzzle as I failed to connect the sound to that of the bell in Klayman’s flytrap room

Not sure what you mean? To the best of my knowledge the bell in the flytrap room (the fifth cord) only turns on the radio, nothing else.

I’d forgotten why I needed to sound the bell in the flytrap room & had got a hint from a text walkthrough at the time. I’d whizzed through part of a YT video before posting here to remind myself of the details & in the video a bell sounds when you are able to descend the model steps after using the cannon. I don’t remember hearing that in the actual game & don’t know how I missed that it is the sound from the radio you come across while travelling in the car that is the reference to the sound in the flytrap room Oops!

Total Posts: 533

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Played for a couple of hours tonight and I’m seriously stuck.

I must have spent an hour trying to solve the colored crystals puzzle in that small basement room. I think I have found clues for the puzzle at two places (one of which is pretty easy to miss btw) but I just can’t make sense of them.

Also, I have no idea what to do next with the cannon. And the symbols in the small orifice in the mountain wall makes no sense to me either. A sound is played after changing the symbols around a “whole turn”, but there’s no clue as to what it means or if and how it connects to something else. The sound may simply indicate that the “puzzle” is “reset”, I don’t know. And I can’t connect the symbols themselves to anything else in the game so far. This game certainly isn’t holding any hands.

I realize puzzle solving in this game revolves around observing audio and visual clues, so I’m sure I’m missing something simple. But I’ve reached the point of feeling that if I haven’t got it by now I’ll probably never get it.

So I’m not too happy about this game right now! But I guess I’ll give it another try later in the week.

Oh, and Isn’t there more to finding Willie’s bedroom than just peeking in? A bit of an anti-climax I thought.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Veovis - 07 November 2022 04:10 PM

I must have spent an hour trying to solve the colored crystals puzzle in that small basement room. I think I have found clues for the puzzle at two places (one of which is pretty easy to miss btw) but I just can’t make sense of them.

Do you want a hint for this puzzle?

Regarding the canon and the symbols in the orifice: You’re not stuck here, you don’t know what to do with them yet.

Oh, and Isn’t there more to finding Willie’s bedroom than just peeking in? A bit of an anti-climax I thought.

I also wanted more.

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Nico2021 - 07 November 2022 11:12 AM

I played for an hour yesterday, and i think i solved just one puzzle. Going around in the vehicle on the walls is very tedious, and didnt find anything usefull so far. Need to understand what the panel with button you change symbols does. Generally didnt have that much fun yesterday with puzzles. Also need to find the combination for the cannon. I have found only half of it.

I’m in the same boat.

I don’t even know what Karlok means by “puzzles” because the only puzzle I’ve found in this section is the cannon and I’m totally stumped at what to do there. I suppose there was also the steps but that was easy.

AKA Charo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Charo: If the only puzzle you’ve found in this area is the cannon, try firing the cannon. It’s aimed at a cracked wall..

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 07 November 2022 07:56 PM

@Charo: If the only puzzle you’ve found in this area is the cannon, try firing the cannon. It’s aimed at a cracked wall..

I have fired it several times. It hits the cracked wall, the wall stays cracked and nothing else happens.

Confused

AKA Charo

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Karlok - 07 November 2022 07:01 PM
Veovis - 07 November 2022 04:10 PM

Do you want a hint for this puzzle?

I’m on my way to work and something struck me. Is the real clue the name written on the device with the crystals and the other ones red herrings? That was my idea before finding the other clues, but I didn’t make the possible connection to colors until now. I’m confident this must be it, but if not, yes please I would very much want a hint! Smile

Edit: Made my post less spoilery (even though it’s within spoiler tags).

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Charophycean - 07 November 2022 09:57 PM
Karlok - 07 November 2022 07:56 PM

I have fired it several times. It hits the cracked wall, the wall stays cracked and nothing else happens.

Confused

Didn’t you notice the cutscene after firing the weapon the first time? Something should have happened, but you may need to do something with another puzzle nearby before being able to see it clearly.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Charo: It only happens the first time. (The crack remains but firing the cannon again doeesn’t do anything.) Didn’t you get a cut scene with the water drain? If you did, you can now use the puzzle in the room nearby to change the bridge into steps leading down to a new area. If you didn’t, I don’t know what’s wrong. Must be a bug. Reload and try again?

@Veovis: Yes!  Cool

EDIT: Oops! Didn’t realize you’d already replied to Charo.

Total Posts: 4288

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Made some progress tonight. After wandering around and having tried everything without success i thought to go to the first screen to check the in game hints. And that did the trick. It seemed i had to pull the 5th ring to turn on the radio. After that i managed to get to a machine that need to change colours. i have found one tip or maybe two but the obvious combinations didnt work. I ll experiment more tomorrow.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Things have gone smoothly since I finally got the shrinking machine working. Just got back here, thinking I had reached the checkpoint. But reading back on the comments on this section I don’t recognize the part about writing down and entering symbols in order to open a door?

I’m in the room with the mouse + cheese and there’s a mouse/cheese puzzle blocking the way ahead. Don’t know if I was supposed to, but I solved the 8x6 square “memory” puzzle further into the room. Not sure what good it did me though…

I have unchained Hoborg’s (Klogg’s?) castle and gone back to check out the first areas of the game after they got reconnected with the castle part. Only found something (not sure what) at the end of that “rail” that begins in the monster’s cave.

Apart from that I found three symbols for the cannon (I think). Can’t really see what else there is to do before tackling the “mouse puzzle”. I found another display that seems to be connected to the symbols in the orifice near the cannon, but I can’t figure out what I’m meant to do with them. I have 15 of Willie’s tapes.

So, have I missed something big working my way up to the checkpoint? A gentle hint would be welcome if that’s the case!

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I only played till that moment I had mentioned before, I’m currently busy with work and mild health problems, so don’t wait for me. Lady Kestrel, sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident, hope you’ll get better soon!

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top