• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-03-11

PM

Hey all, I have been looking around on this forum for a while, but never posted here.

I am a big fan of the point-and-click genre. The first game I ever played was Grim Fandango, and I was instantly hooked on the genre. Followed by monkey island games, sanitarium and any others I could find.

Being now a guy over thirty and having less time available, I have almost abandoned playing any type of games at all for a while, but adventure games are still my favorite genre.

Being a developer and loving to draw, a few years ago I decided to combine these two hobbies into one and pursue the wish to make an adventure game.
As theme, I chose the atmosphere of the old Soviet Union.
And there it was - in 2017 for android. It has reached quite some downloads and positive reviews on the platform and finally, this year I decided to take my hobby more serious and port the game to steam with new graphics and an extended story. I created a completely new episode for the game recently, and I am planning to extend the game where possible. Cool

Solo game developer of the pencil drawn point and click adventure game

for PC:
Alexey’s Winter: Night Adventure

and a short version for Android:
Alexey’s Winter: Episode 1

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-03-11

PM

Thank you!

Solo game developer of the pencil drawn point and click adventure game

for PC:
Alexey’s Winter: Night Adventure

and a short version for Android:
Alexey’s Winter: Episode 1

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

winter_adventure - 23 November 2021 08:31 AM

Hey all, I have been looking around on this forum for a while, but never posted here.

I am a big fan of the point-and-click genre. The first game I ever played was Grim Fandango, and I was instantly hooked on the genre. Followed by monkey island games, sanitarium and any others I could find.

Being now a guy over thirty and having less time available, I have almost abandoned playing any type of games at all for a while, but adventure games are still my favorite genre.

Being a developer and loving to draw, a few years ago I decided to combine these two hobbies into one and pursue the wish to make an adventure game.
As theme, I chose the atmosphere of the old Soviet Union.
And there it was - in 2017 for android. It has reached quite some downloads and positive reviews on the platform and finally, this year I decided to take my hobby more serious and port the game to steam with new graphics and an extended story. I created a completely new episode for the game recently, and I am planning to extend the game where possible. Cool

Are you introducing yourself or posting and ad for your game?

Good luck

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-11-30

PM

Hello everyone!
We’re an indie studio currently working on our first game titled Alien Animals: Sandbox.
Nice to meet you! Grin

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Alien Animals - 17 December 2021 02:56 AM

Hello everyone!
We’re an indie studio currently working on our first game titled Alien Animals: Sandbox.
Nice to meet you! Grin

Sounds interesting, KUTD on the game and it’s progress in a separate thread.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2022-01-17

PM

Hi there, I’m afraid I’m yet another game dev who’s joined for his own nefarious purposes Naughty

Adventure game-wise, I love anything stylish, whether funny or serious, and chunky pixels have a special place in my heart (as I’m sure they do for many here). It’s getting harder to find stuff I love as I get older, unfortunately, but I think that’s me growing more curmudgeonly… still, every now and then something great comes along and reminds me that everything will be okay.

Nice to be here, anyway.

Another dev for another game (I can only apologise!).

Check out Mistmoon Falls, a weird murder mystery set in a Stardew Valley-inspired setting. Or don’t! Choices matter.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684290/Mistmoon_Falls/
https://mistmoonfalls.com

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Dev or not, welcome anyway. Wink

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

I’ll introduce myself. I am Sylvia Stuurman, a grandma from the Netherlands, and I play adventure games since about 1987: I bought an Atari ST1040 then (black and white). Within walking distance was someone who had public domain floppy disks, with various programs and games.
My first game was a text-based adventure in Dutch, which I never completed (got lost in a forest I remember).

The first graphics-based adventure that I played was Zack McKracken, in German. My first-born son did learn a bit of German through that game (das klappt so nicht).

The game that got me hooked even more was the Monkey Island series and later Indiana Jones. I even phoned in to an American bulletin board because I really got stuck.

Of that time, I also have fond memories of Maniac Mansion and the Colonel’s bequest.

Later, I switched to PC. I bought many games. I am very glad that I found Steam, so switching to a new laptop becomes much easier, with respect to games.

My favorite game of all time is, at the moment: Sherlock Holmes Chapter One. It has the perfect match of a great story, very well written characters and dialogues, a great atmosphere, free walking in a gorgeous open world, and ‘puzzles’ that require observation (although I really like good logical puzzles, and miss that a bit).

Other favorites:
- Grim Fandango
- The book of unwritten tales
- Syberia (I am really curious to the next Syberia game; already purchased it)
- The whole Sherlock Holmes series
- Nancy Drew (hate the minigames, but like the puzzles, the characters and the stories)
- The Myst series (although really frustrating) and clones
- Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter and all Jane Jensen games
- Broken Sword series
- Kathy Rain! (both the original and the director’s cut)

When I look at my Steam account, and the hours spent playing, I should not forget the Witness (although not really an adventure game), Heaven’s Vault (should replay it again!), Obduction (oh, I look forward to the Firmament),  the Raven, Röki  and Thimbleweed park.

Of course, I could go on and on :-)

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yay, another Dutch speaking member. Smile

We’re very well represented for a language that’s pretty much only spoken in one-and-a-half small country. Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Hi there. I’m new.

AKA Charo

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Don’t worry, it’ll wear off soon enough.

Welcome!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Charophycean - 22 February 2022 12:40 AM

Hi there. I’m new.

Yes, looking forward to reading your posts!

Heart

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Adv_Lvr - 18 March 2022 09:31 AM
Charophycean - 22 February 2022 12:40 AM

Hi there. I’m new.

Yes, looking forward to reading your posts!

Heart

How lovely. I look forward to you reading them too!

Smile

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top