• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

For instance if you combine hints #6 with hints #4,#5 (including the spoilers).

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I also tried finding the game based on the hints and failed.
I don’t want to post a new pic.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

jsfx - 17 January 2024 09:50 AM

For instance if you combine hints #6 with hints #4,#5 (including the spoilers).

I guess the essence of this thread escapes you.

It’s Adventure game SCENE, NOT adventure game hint(s).

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

I disagree. Problem is, if you can’t identify a game by a given picture, what do you do? Posting more images? Enlarging the frame of an image with additional details giving it away (only works if you know the game or the title is included)? Giving hints on top of this? I tried some of these.

Total Posts: 862

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

diego - 17 January 2024 09:18 AM
jsfx - 17 January 2024 09:08 AM

Dunno why the way of distribution should have an influence.

Because there’s thousands of browser, escape the room and Flash games that are impossible to find.

In all fairness, the game is available on itch.io, so there’s no need to visit that specific website to find it.

https://colorbomb.itch.io/escape-from-castle-claymount

On the other hand, at some point “this is a browser/online game” could have been a helpful hint. Or a stop sign for some people to stop guessing.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Actually that’s not the case. The game isn’t hosted by itch.io, only a teaser. This could have given all the information needed, but I doubt that providing this information would have helped those who don’t know the game.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

jsfx - 17 January 2024 10:37 AM

I disagree. Problem is, if you can’t identify a game by a given picture, what do you do? Posting more images? Enlarging the frame of an image with additional details giving it away (only works if you know the game or the title is included)? Giving hints on top of this? I tried some of these.

What you do is give as much info as possible as opposed to your ‘clever’ hints:

jsfx - 13 January 2024 01:55 AM

hints #1
first person, male protagonist, photographic memory

Yes, helpful hint

jsfx - 13 January 2024 04:38 AM

hints #2I swear to god, if you didn’t do that

What does that mean? Very unhelpful meaningless hint!

jsfx - 13 January 2024 11:02 AM

hints #3
no 3d, no opl2, no japanese

?????? even more meaningless stuff

jsfx - 14 January 2024 04:59 AM

sunday double hints #4, #5
in a radio show from 2023, which is still on air, princess clay is talking about distant stars and visiting other planets as soon as she has escaped from her castle. they play tunes how they imagine music on a hand full of planets too, the frequency of radio mount is hega6i9ohsalsoitodelifu.

Sorry, by the time we’ve got there we just don’t know the game.

GateKeeper - 17 January 2024 10:40 AM

........at some point “this is a browser/online game” could have been a helpful hint. Or a stop sign for some people to stop guessing.

Yes.

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

I suspect that the mystery about the game would have been solved if the energy for complaints had been invested in concrete questions.

Since Karlok doesn’t want to post a picture, take my last one or have someone else continue.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I guess you missed zobrak’s post:

zobraks - 17 January 2024 10:08 AM

I guess the essence of this thread escapes you.

Just to add, that means concrete questions are not required.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

jsfx - 17 January 2024 11:11 AM

I suspect that the mystery about the game would have been solved if the energy for complaints had been invested in concrete questions.

Oh, I like this part more than the guessing, trust me. I like that you acknowledged that no one can guess the game from screenshots, and went with verbal clues - there’s nothing wrong with that: Sometimes (often) in this thread, it’s been a nudge in the right direction, to combine text hints with the screenshots in order to guess it. The problem is, your game was way too obscure to start with, and nothing less than a “web-browser”, “free online game” would be needed to find it, unless there were some written clues on screenshots as well that can lead to a solution. I think that you placed the audience (us, the guessers) in the same position as yourself (player who knows and played this game, or you might be an avid web-browser games expert), instead of putting yourself in the audience. Thus, “1st-person”, or “Memory loss” while very good hints on their own right, mean nothing to an average player who will search through a typical full-fledged adventure collection.

And what is this?

Is this something written in the game, or did you put it?

Also, what is the meaning of a word “hega6i9ohsalsoitodelifu”? Is the word mentioned in the game or did you come up with it? So many questions.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7479

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have no problems with someone doing things a little differently. Makes a nice change. But I didn’t find your hints very helpful, jsfx.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Maybe things will be more clear next time.

@diego
Dunno how a typical ‘search’ looks like. I would have gone for image data, hints given in context and I also would have asked questions to add further information. Whilst the distribution is one aspect, it seems rather unimportant to me in comparison. You could have gone for release date, high res, techniques etc. (or I could have dropped them one after the other). Anyway, it’s over.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

jsfx - 17 January 2024 01:41 PM

Maybe things will be more clear next time.

@diego
Dunno how a typical ‘search’ looks like. I would have gone for image data, hints given in context and I also would have asked questions to add further information. Whilst the distribution is one aspect, it seems rather unimportant to me in comparison. You could have gone for release date, high res, techniques etc. (or I could have dropped them one after the other). Anyway, it’s over.

I’m still waiting for those answers. Don’t be like a bad adventure game, where the ending spoils everything, and we’re left with no explanation.

“hega6i9ohsalsoitodelifu” is a sled?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

jsfx - 17 January 2024 10:37 AM

if you can’t identify a game by a given picture, what do you do?

I’d wait for somebody else to guess it. There are a lot of good guessers here.

Karlok - 17 January 2024 01:23 PM

I have no problems with someone doing things a little differently. Makes a nice change.

Playing handball in a pool full of water is also a nice change, but that’s a different game.

diego - 17 January 2024 01:45 PM

“hega6i9ohsalsoitodelifu” is a sled?

You got it all wrong - “Rosebud” is a sled.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 1301

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I know that one! It’s Citizen Kane Adventure Game!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top