• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneyseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

VGP - 02 August 2022 11:14 AM

meteor was basically going around being edgy and pushing buttons. This seems like a fine example of just that. I think he got cease-and-desisted by our good Lady Kestrel.

Without doubt that’s true VGP but, assuming a level of coherent thought behind the statement, I was wondering just why. Being a polite request I’m sure he’ll be more than willing for an equally polite explanation Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Do you have a VR set?

@VGP
Dishonest as parts of the admins of this forum are, I didn’t expect something different, from you.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

meteor - 02 August 2022 02:28 PM

Do you have a VR set?

It would appear that I was wrong. Not capable of a polite explanation of a sweeping generalisation Meh

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Edited as:

Technical cock-up there Sarcastic

Life is what it is.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Still thinking about Myst. There are only a few games that you carry around with you afterwards. It’s remarkable how much the game benefits from VR. Without VR it’s an imposition, with VR & free movement it really turns up the heat - being there is nice. The game carries its own atmosphere. I like all the new features, the original video snippets look terrible.

Unfortunately, things look less rosy for Riven. Cyan isn’t working on it on their own and Starry Expanse is taking tiimmmeeee. I guess Cyan’s Firmament will be released before. I read something about the end of 22, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be 23. There was one puzzle where I took pen and paper to help. The rest slipped through nicely.

That was fun! The end of the sonic world, when you arrive in the little cave with the green crystals around you and this sound is wonderful. Sadly there is nothing to do, except to enter and exit.

The next VR adventure is two weeks away, when Red Matter 2 will be released.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Demons of Dex (C64) - nice Rogue.

Cacorm (C64) - good to relax.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

puzzle time = admin + otteretto

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

@Myst VR (2021)
[This might be better in its own thread but I dunno if I would end up talking to myself.]

The avatars look kind of weird, at least in the beginning.

I prefer using controllers over hand tracking because it’s less straining right now. As an alternative I like movement input as it’s done in Waltz of the Wizard (looking into the desired direction and swinging your arms, the more and faster you swing, the more and faster you go) as it’s physically satisfying (also if you aren’t a wheelchair driver).

The dev commentary could be nice for revisiting. Some tweaking on taking photos and the graphics (on the Quest 2, PCVR is looking good) would be fine.

Riven in VR would be nice.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Detour - uncut zen like puzzle gem.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Lost in Play - nice & charming, short p&c adventure. I had to laugh a couple of times.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Resonance of the Ocean (ag’s tip) - neat simplistic short sound puzzler.

Master of the Lamps (C64) - old but golden.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Millie and Molly (C64) - nice, some levels are delicious.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Kayak VR Mirage - it’s fun to paddle around as you can, also embedded in an adventure, this could be great.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

clayscape - some neat puzzling.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

scope - nice, harder than the other one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top