• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Still Life 2

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Now I feel really stupid. I won’t say it was in plain sight, but a quick hot-spot scan should have found it in under 30 seconds. Since the current sequence began, i.e., Lab/Hide/Trap, I think I have been on the balcony at least three times, and never came away with the remote. Thanks!

I’m now in the same place you were. I’ve set the trap, but can’t get the phone to work. I don’t think it’s a bug, but it is something. Seems similar to my last problem, which was getting the call from Claire re: the killer’s name, which, among other things, allowed Garris to unlock the burned door. When I check my objectives, the “Escape from Killer” box remains unchecked. So I’m guessing that there was something left undone, probably in the lab, that needed to be done to check off that objective. Because we know that we have both physically escaped the Killer.

Not going to play any more tonight. Tomorrows also a holiday in the US, so I’m sure I will have a chance to check out things tomorrow. If you find what we missed, please post. I will do the same.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Glad you found the remote. And it’s good to know it’s not just me not being able to phone the killer, I won’t bother replaying the section since it isn’t a glitch. I wondered at first if I just couldn’t find the right spot in the phone, but I am assuming it should be in the same bit as the option to call Claire. The walkthrough I used said you could go out the front door and then run away from the killer, but you didn’t have to. I did do that after I couldn’t get the phone to work, so maybe there is something else to do with it.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I watched a video of setting the trap and walking off. Vic gets to a point right around and the bunker entrance and calls the Killer. I saw nothing that I/we didn’t do.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Don’t know what I did. Re-checked everything in the lab. Went back outside and went to a spot right behind the gate that attaches to stairs. Opened the phone and scrolled down to the bottom of the messages section, and BOOM! there was a “call killer” icon. The rest of the sequence is a cut sequence showing Killer getting electrocuted. There are two items on/near the killer you must find. I went to the shelter. It’s locked. Back to the lab to log onto the computer. There’s some new stuff on it that you should read.

I’m back inside the shelter. Nobody’s there. Doing some exploring. Saved. You will need to some serious inventory swapping if you want to pick up the stuff you find in Killer’s room.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I played last night and the exact same thing happened! I scrolled down and there it was! Now I swear I had tried to scroll down several times and nothing… but I can’t check because when I started I realised I hadn’t saved the last time so it was before I had activated the remote. So I thought maybe scrolling before doing that might have helped, but now who knows! I found getting the killer very anticlimactic and I was a bit disappointed in it. Then I went through the computer as you did, and at least that is a bit of a twist. I am going through the bunker now, and I just got the darn forensic kit again, so I am trying to find samples.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There was one thing that I thought might have triggered something. That was having a conversation with Anderson regarding the killer’s snake phobia. Anderson gets a little worked up, and talks about Vic’s need to save herself.

I also noticed that the “Escape the Killer” objective remained unchecked until the killer was dead, when per-force it went away. So that wasn’t the cause of the problems.

I’m glad it’s over, but I don’t have a clue what happened.

Edit: This is a stupid idea, because if it’s true, it implies REALLY bad puzzle design. What if you can’t scroll down to Killer’s number unless you are in the precise location to actually make the call? That would really piss me off.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I played for a while tonight, until I ended up back in the past with Richard. I mostly used a walkthrough on and off to handheld me through it, as I am a bit over it now, and didn’t feel like wandering aimlessly when I was stuck. Even so I still managed to get lost in the basements of the house for a while. Another twist in the storyline, but I’m not sure that the story is really holding the interest…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I haven’t progressed much since the breakthrough moment. But I have the same impression. I see it more often in movies and books. But that’s not to say it can’t happen in games. You see it towards the end of a movie where things start to get rushed as if the producer/director are running out of time/money, so it’s time to wrap things up and slap a “The End” on it. Books are the same way, although probably with different causes. All the pacing and character development get thrown out the window in favor of simply getting the manuscript to the publisher. My guess is that the author, who may have been working on the book for several years, is simply tired of it, and wants to get on with something different.

I plan to play some this afternoon.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I feel the author’s pain at the moment, I’m tired of it too… 😂 I thought I would get it finished last night but it is dragging on. Maybe today.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve used my lab kit on lots of stuff. I found Garris. That was a surprise. I’ve found the surveillance room and have found what I think is the entry door to the house. Other stuff came up so I saved there.

I do admit to feeling a bit of tension as the pace picks up, but I don’t think that was the designer’s intent.

I feel that I’m about an hour’s worth of uninterrupted game play away from the finish. Maybe a bit less. I’ve enjoyed it, but I won’t be sad when it ends.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I played this morning and thought I might finish it. But I ran into some trouble rescuing Paloma, as there is a section where you can save the game, but when you go back to it, it doesn’t save, it skips straight to the end again. No problem I thought, I will go back to the next save. Nope that one does it too. I think I will have to redo the entire section. This isn’t a glitch but a strange design choice. As if I hadn’t already had enough of this game.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I’m approximately where you are. I’m playing as Paloma. After about four tries I’ve managed to get out of the chains and have made it to the lab door. Saved. Need to think what to do next since this I think I’m still on the clock.

Edit: Correction. Can’t be where you are in the Paloma/Vic save scene since I haven’t had the cut scene with Richard yet. I’m in the earlier save scene.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Well, I am done, done, done with this *insert rude word* of a game. I redid the whole section and it still skips straight to the losing ending when I try to rescue Paloma. I am definitely not restarting the game, so I will watch the end on you tube. I cannot understand this awful design choice. Maybe if it was a choice, or a certain path. But the puzzle to release Paloma takes some outside knowledge which I don’t have, and probably a lot of people. So it’s only natural that it would take a couple of goes to complete. Especially if you hadn’t found the necessary items before the timer started, as you would have to go find them.

Yes, that is the earlier Paloma rescue. She will need another one…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I am at the start of the other Paloma rescue. I’ve seen the video on the lab computer. Harker is, indeed, a nut case. There seems to be an excessive amount of back and forth walking. Go to lab. Go to back yard. Get phone call. Go back to lab. Go to front door and collect more evidence. Go back to lab. Get another phone call.

Based on what you said, I’m about ten minutes away from either getting the good ending or getting the bad. Side note: I’ve hated the inventory control in this section of the game. You’ve got to get rid of something to get the soldering iron and the wheel. But what do you no longer need?

I’m sorely tempted to just watch the rest on YT. It has been a pleasure playing the game with you. I’m just worn out.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I did finish the game. I was wrong. It took me close to an hour, using a WT, to get to the bad ending. Very disappointing. I watched a YT walkthrough to see what the good ending looked like and I was not impressed by it either.

Too bad. The game had a lot of potential, but lost steam around the 3/4 mark. And from that point on it became difficult to play.

Again, a pleasure.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top