• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Hmm. That could be anything really. Shooter, RPG, adventure. I’m not a fan of these type of trailers.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

This new Blade Runner is developed by Annapurna Interactive known for publishing indie adventure-related games (at least most of them were covered by adventuregamers — Outer Wilds, Journey, Kentucky Route Zero, Gorogoa, Twelve Minutes, Gone Home, Stray to name a few). And it was announced alongside a whole bunch of other adventure-related titles, so there’s a good chance it will not be a shooter. The development team is headed by Chelsea Hash known for What Remains of Edith Finch which raises questions, because who needs a Blade Runner walking simulator, but then it might follow the steps of the old Blade Runner which also wasn’t exactly puzzle-driven, but turned to be great nevertheless.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I hope it’s good bc I love the old Blade Runner game. play it about once a year along with full throttle. There is something to be said about short, and great Adventure games, because it’s like re-watching a movie you love, easy to get through in one or two sittings at most.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Doom - 02 July 2023 11:01 AM

The development team is headed by Chelsea Hash known for What Remains of Edith Finch which raises questions, because who needs a Blade Runner walking simulator,

Yeah. And I don’t know about you but I definitely didn’t need that watching simulator they gave us with Blade Runner 2049…

Wink

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Only game I’m looking forward to in August adventure-wise is A Guidebook of Babel.

The demo for this game is the most peculiar I’ve played in a long time (available on Steam). It has a bit of a learning curve to it and butterfly effect/time manipulation mechanic where you have to re-write a script (literally) in one place to make changes somewhere down the time line in a different place. There’s a whole made-up universe with wacky lore that was surprisingly deep, the art style that I feel screenshots don’t do full justice to and a pretty good soundtrack. It also has a deduction element to it, where you’ll have to put clues together to figure out a way forward. I was expecting something cartoon-y and light going off the look of the game but ended up being pretty absorbed in a well-developed, kooky world with quite serious undertones to it.
This one was a genuine surprise because it doesn’t look anything like it actually plays.
It comes out on the 2nd, so I’ll be getting that right away.

I know that there’s Poirot game coming out - #2 in the series, but I haven’t played the first one and read that it’s not exactly exactly a pinnacle of challenge - aka more “watching things than doing things”, plus it from combo of Microids (publisher)/Blazing Griffin (developer), and I didn’t like their Murder Mystery Machine.
I’m waiting for the OTHER Poirot game - Murder on the Orient Express (strangely, also published by Microids but, this time, developed by them as well) that comes out in October.

I also know there’s Under The Waves game that is published by Quantic Dreams and comes out on 29th. The trailer looks good, but I feel like it might go the way of, like someone on Steam forums said, another “sad man walking simulator” which I feel is walking sims’ bread and butter, and there are enough of them as is. I’m linking the trailer down below. Maybe I’m wrong, and it will turn out something amazing.

Is anyone looking forward to anything in August or in general?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top