• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know I’ve never attacked anyone for not liking a game but yes, if they’re overly critical & I don’t agree with reasons then I will present my side but how that’s progressed to being ‘attacked’ for every game is a gross exaggeration. But the point of mentioning my name & bringing this up now is…..?????
Ah, yes I dared to highlight false allegations against a game & the developers that have been clearly worked on to try & discredit since release, one that the demo of was hated (fair enough) but none-the-less Steam comments scrutinized following release to be used to present a fictional story & the posting of umpteen negative comments about a game that the poster had no intention of playing.   

Like I said I know I can be abrasive sometimes, but I think it’s a nice counterbalance to the people who are overly polite, to the developers who come in here and peddle their wares on our boards without adding anything to other discussions on the forum thats not related to their kickstarters. I feel like we are constantly being bombarded with used car salesman pitching ads to us.

If you don’t like something there’s nice ways to say it without being ‘abrasive’. As to the developers who come here to peddle their wares?? ….excuse me but this is an Adventure game site & the forums are just a small part of that. As an example Just Adventure sadly don’t have forums anymore because I guess they don’t need them.
You have a choice to click on what threads you want to follow, there’s not that many & where else do you think developers should pitch their games?

I’m on this forum because I like games - why are you?

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

chrissie - 03 November 2021 03:50 PM

I know I’ve never attacked anyone for not liking a game but yes, if they’re overly critical & I don’t agree with reasons then I will present my side but how that’s progressed to being ‘attacked’ for every game is a gross exaggeration. But the point of mentioning my name & bringing this up now is…..?????
Ah, yes I dared to highlight false allegations against a game & the developers that have been clearly worked on to try & discredit since release, one that the demo of was hated (fair enough) but none-the-less Steam comments scrutinized following release to be used to present a fictional story & the posting of umpteen negative comments about a game that the poster had no intention of playing.   

Like I said I know I can be abrasive sometimes, but I think it’s a nice counterbalance to the people who are overly polite, to the developers who come in here and peddle their wares on our boards without adding anything to other discussions on the forum thats not related to their kickstarters. I feel like we are constantly being bombarded with used car salesman pitching ads to us.

If you don’t like something there’s nice ways to say it without being ‘abrasive’. As to the developers who come here to peddle their wares?? ….excuse me but this is an Adventure game site & the forums are just a small part of that. As an example Just Adventure sadly don’t have forums anymore because I guess they don’t need them.
You have a choice to click on what threads you want to follow, there’s not that many & where else do you think developers should pitch their games?

I’m on this forum because I like games - why are you?

you constantly attack people who don’t share your optimism for certain games, I brought it up because Doom said something to make me think of it. I joined this forum to discuss adventure games with fellow Adventure game fans, i did not join to be pitched Kickstarter after Kickstarter, like it was a timeshare meeting. Quite simple really.

As far as pointing out review and comment inconsistencies on their game, that’s what I noticed, as did several other posters who have also pointed it out. sorry you don’t like that.

Ps. If me saying I don’t like the trailer or voice acting in the game and I’m going to skip it, is being over-critical then I think you need to invest in a Webster dictionary and look up the words over critical

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Also just to make my stance crystal clear, i have no problem with devs who pitch their games, who also contribute to the forums in other topics besides their own, like a cowcat or a gibbious. they participate in the forums as a whole. I do take issue with folks who come here to only ask for money for their games, without adding to the community at large. And then i do get abrasive when they do that, yet ask for feedback from us, then get snarky when you criticise the game that they wanted feedback on to begin with for said money.

So back to saint kotar, once again all anybody has to do is read the thread from the start to see what happened. They posted the thread and after a while nobody responded at all and it became page after page of updates without a response from any of us. I actually felt bad for them and finally said something in the thread. I got jumped on bc i wasnt impressed by what i saw, point blank period.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I don’t want to derail the thread further and I’m mostly a lurker, but to expand on jdawg’s point, I think maybe the forum would be better served if we had a dedicated self-promotion thread. I don’t want this place to be too hostile to devs, but on the other hand I don’t want the forums to become like the r/adventuregames subreddit where the majority of threads are self-promotion so this would allow all the devs who just come here to promote their own game to still post, but be contained to a single thread.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TheLongestJourney - 03 November 2021 05:01 PM

I don’t want to derail the thread further and I’m mostly a lurker, but to expand on jdawg’s point, I think maybe the forum would be better served if we had a dedicated self-promotion thread. I don’t want this place to be too hostile to devs, but on the other hand I don’t want the forums to become like the r/adventuregames subreddit where the majority of threads are self-promotion so this would allow all the devs who just come here to promote their own game to still post, but be contained to a single thread.

I think that would be a wonderful idea. To put it in better perspective, I just looked at the first page of the Forum. I would say at least 9 to 10 thread topics have been created by developers for games who do not participate in this forum at all besides the topic of their said game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I don’t want to derail the thread further…...

Don’t worry about it, the thread was derailed way back by the lynch mob p****ed-off that the game wasn’t like Black Mirror Laughing

It would be good if the thread could come back to comments about this very nice (albeit also gory, sadistic, nasty) game from those that are actually playing it ....please.    Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

agree, if ye are not playing it, better not say much. we are here to discuss gaming, not to throw bombs, and please let us bring the discussion back into gaming. or admins better turn off this thread.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 November 2021 05:11 PM

I think that would be a wonderful idea. To put it in better perspective, I just looked at the first page of the Forum. I would say at least 9 to 10 thread topics have been created by developers for games who do not participate in this forum at all besides the topic of their said game.

Some years back the possibility of a subforum for developers promoting their games was discussed but Jackal decided against it. I don’t remember much about his reasons and the details of the discussion, it’s too long ago. I don’t even remember if I was in favor of a special subforum at the time, but I am now. Far too many indie developer threads. IMO one thread for all of them would be unfair to the devs and unpractical for the readers.

chrissie - 03 November 2021 03:50 PM

If you don’t like something there’s nice ways to say it without being ‘abrasive’.

Can I quote you on that.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Advie - 03 November 2021 07:28 PM

agree, if ye are not playing it, better not say much. we are here to discuss gaming, not to throw bombs, and please let us bring the discussion back into gaming. or admins better turn off this thread.

Bombs over Baghdad

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Advie - 04 November 2021 06:09 AM

fuck off

Not a fan of outkast i see lol

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Though I’d embrace derailing into nothing but hiphop references,

in spirit of the overall community, I hope more people share their impressions of this game, good or bad.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll definitely post some impressions (good & bad) in the near future but not today.  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m not a reviewer but I’ll do my best to start off with my impressions of the game:

Interesting story

Great background artwork & character portraits

Variable voice-acting ranging from okay (the main characters) to very good with some variable performances (especially for one of the main characters) on occasion.

Limited inventory & no inventory-based puzzles for the most part. For the most part no puzzles at all. 

Lots of dialogue which seems to be the driving force of the game which incorporates the information that you need to progress.

It starts of being very linear but later on I think choices you make may lead to different paths…. maybe? I finished the game in just under 10 hours ………okay 20 is advertised but to be quite honest you may be able to play it for that amount of time & still not find all of the hidden locations when you have the opportunity to explore & complete tasks set for both of the playable characters but which although optional non-the-less contribute to the very weird shenanigans going on in Saint Kotar. I found it to be a very interesting place.

Saint Kotar is meant to be a very devout Catholic town…….I didn’t glean that that there was any kind of moral message in this game whatsoever but some of the FICTIONAL views expressed via characters in the game are quite strong & could possibly be offensive to some religious players. 

What went wrong to get this game so negatively bashed?  I’ve got some thoughts on that & will post more sometime later but it comes back to inadvertent misrepresentation of the game in the first place. There are far more less interesting games than this one!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top