• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>yes
“And you didn’t carry metal past it. Stop wasting my time.” He punches a control, harder than necessary.

...glaring light—

[Hit any key.]

White Junction
You stand lightly in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So the red lines are metal detectors? Should we hide all in the gap?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You can try…

Interrogation Chamber (imprisoned in the chair)
You blink away memory. The dim room comes again into focus, and the man behind the desk.

“Yes, yes, but we did search the space above the missing panel…. four times. Whatever your mysterious package is, you didn’t leave it up there.” He touches a control.

...glaring light—

[Hit any key.]

Total Posts: 7464

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, let’s.

> n
> jump
> put all in gap
> get package
> d
> e
> se

EDIT: Oops! Undo. Smile

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You blink away memory. The dim room comes again into focus, and the man behind the desk.

“After all that, the bloodstains, you think we didn’t search the space over the ceiling gap? Four times, in fact. We didn’t find anything.” He reaches for his controls before you can speak.

...glaring light—

[Hit any key.]

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So let’s do the by now boring jump-package sequence again and go to the red line and then look at the ceiling web.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x ceiling web
To the southeast, beginning above the boundary line, the ceiling is lined with scan-web in addition to the lighting strips. The web’s wide spacing indicates a metal-resonance scan.

I think this is where our engineer steps in. Abnaxus? Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

But the scan scrambler didn’t work last time, I think. Again:

>connect scrambler to switch
>turn on switch
>look at scan

Abnaxus, what is missing? Smile

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>connect scan scrambler to toggle
You connect the toggle switch to the scan scrambler. The toggle switch turns orange to confirm the match.

>switch toggle
You flip the orange switch on. The scrambler’s status dot goes green, and an almost inaudible whine begins within it.

>x scan scrambler
It’s a small orange pyramid, traced with conductor matrix. It can detect and scramble scan-web on any frequency… or so the theory is drawn. It’s active and humming faintly. There’s a minus link on one edge, which is connected to a toggle switch.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So it’s active?
maybe

>point scan scrambler to ceiling web
>se…

If it doesn’t probably better to undo…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 09 September 2016 04:00 PM

In my mind we’re a seasoned spy.

^ This.

And all the puzzles stem from the fact that our character knows a LOT more than we do.

I love unreliable narrators in fiction (especially if they show/tell what really happened later on). Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s a good game, isn’t it. Much more interesting than I thought.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>point scan scrambler at ceiling
That’s not a verb I recognize.

>se
You step across the line and continue down the corridor.

—glaring light…

[Hit any key.]

The man nods with consideration. “And off you went, through our secure zone like a scalpel through cheese. A plastic scalpel,” he adds, smiling at you, “so I don’t know why you turned on that charming countermeasure device. Even if you had been carrying metal, your orange miracle could only have hidden it for a few minutes. Thus—you had none. At least our scan-web keeps spies from carrying guns with them when they stroll through our bases.” He pauses a moment. “Or does your side have nonmetallic guns now?”

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Oscar - 09 September 2016 05:54 PM

I think this is where our engineer steps in. Abnaxus? Smile

One afternoon, an engineering student was riding across campus on a shiny new bike. He ran into a friend of his, also an engineering student, who said, “Wow! That sure is a great bike. Where did you get it?”
“Well, the darndest thing happened,” said the first engineering student. “A girl came riding up to me and got off the bike, threw off all her clothes, and said that I could have anything that I wanted.”
“Wow,” remarked his friend. “That’s great. Good move. Her clothes probably wouldn’t have fit you anyway.”

wilco - 10 September 2016 03:03 AM

So it’s active?
maybe

>point scan scrambler to ceiling web
>se…

If it doesn’t probably better to undo…

I think wilco nailed it, if not maybe we should try eating some more inventory items, that`s my professional opinion as an engineer Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL, Abnaxus. I can see where your sig comes from. Smile

Back to the game. I don’t understand this at all. We carried the same stuff as last time, right? And now we get through, although the device is useless because we don’t carry metal objects.

> no

EDIT: Or maybe we didn’t know what was in the package, were not allowed to open it, and therefore couldn’t be sure it wasn’t metal.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top