• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Just a quick reminder that The Cat Lady is now on Steam Greenlight!;)

If you liked the game, or think it deserves to be on Steam, please take a minute of your time and vote for it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=114327732

Thanks!;)

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

I’m quite enjoying this original and very disturbing game. I just finished chapter 4, and really loved [spoiler]how they had based the layout of the creepy animal-control guy’s house on the house in Maniac Mansion. It wasn’t exactly the same, but I found myself anticipating what the next room would look like even though I hadn’t seen it yet, which resulted in this vague feeling of deja vu throughout.[/spoiler]  I thought it was a very cool touch. Anyone else thought about it?

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

Today only there are large discounts on the game, especially if you’re looking for a DVD rom edition, but everything has been discounted so hurry and visit http://www.TheCatLady.co.uk and grab a bargain! Wink You’ll see the special prices in the cart.

Thank you to all for your comments, playing and purchasing The Cat Lady.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Played the demo and… it’s too much for me. I like the more “serious” games but sometimes wish they could be something not in the horror genre.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Good game, i liked the style of it too. The animations could do with a bit of a polish, but that’s just a minor gripe. Excellent stuff.  Smile

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Just tried the demo and really liked it. I hope the game can make it to GOG and Steam!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Due to site list this is the most popular ag now played by no one?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

I saw this demo’d at AdventureX and it looked really promising. Very disturbing stuff. And even though it’s not slick or polished I think that’s part of its appeal.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

I think the game may be too dark for my taste Tongue

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-16

PM

I never heard of this game, but after seeing this in the Aggie nominations, I had to pick it up to see what it was all about.  (It seems that my gaming radar sucks and a lot of the good adventures go right past me!)

It’s a pretty strange 2D adventure game- the art and animation style took some time to get used to.  The interface also seemed a bit foreign at first (it’s been a while since I played an adventure game that doesn’t use the mouse), but it becomes pretty simplistic after a while.  The music and sound effects were nice, however some of the voice acting didn’t sound well-engineered.

Regarding whether or not the game might be too scary for you: The content and subject matter are very dark, and there’s some scary imagery, gore, and a few violent scenes.  There are some surprise scare-shock moments, but the game doesn’t really instill that same sense of frightened terror that I had felt playing Amnesia (which I still haven’t steeled my fortitude enough to finish).  I scare pretty easily, and I was able to get through The Cat Lady from start to finish (with the room lights on, of course.. Meh ).

Overall, I thought TCL was a pretty unique game that had compelling storytelling and atmosphere (which required an almost-excess in dialogue), and I recommend it for those who aren’t overly squeamish and wouldn’t mind playing a psychologically odd adventure title.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

I’ve started my playthrough of The Cat Lady in earnest today. I already bought it at release and tried a bit, but didn’t delve deeper.

But with the aggies voting coming to a close tomorrow, I decided to go through a couple of adventures that I hadn’t played yet, but really wanted to play before giving any votes. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and The Journey Down were two of them and The Cat Lady is the third and final one.

And I must say that I’m quite impressed up until where I am right now (beginning of chapter 4). It’s quite dark, it’s unsettling, it has good music, the dialogue pulls me in (although the voice acting isn’t always up to par, but I don’t find it to be really awful and distracting either), the puzzles are mostly well-integrated and the whole game feels pretty special and unique.

I’m not sure whether I’m going to vote for it in one of the categories though. That’s not because the game isn’t great, not at all. It’s just that 2012 was a really great year for adventures and it has to compete with quite a few other games.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Katiahnya - 17 February 2013 12:12 PM

I never heard of this game, but after seeing this in the Aggie nominations, I had to pick it up to see what it was all about.  (It seems that my gaming radar sucks and a lot of the good adventures go right past me!)

Check these forums often, and nothing will get by you. Wink
My adventure game knowledge and awareness has grown tenfold since joining and posting regularly… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I started the Cat Lady last night. I’m currently in the hospital, trying to find a way out. So far I really like the game. But… too much talking and the fumbling with up/down arrows and enter key is too amateurish for words.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Fien - 18 February 2013 06:59 AM

I started the Cat Lady last night. I’m currently in the hospital, trying to find a way out. So far I really like the game. But… too much talking and the fumbling with up/down arrows and enter key is too amateurish for words.

yeah, the games #1 problem is execution and pacing. Dialogues need an editor, and theres some animation sequences that are unbelievably stretched out. Otherwise its a rather cool game.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2006-05-18

PM

This is the best adventure game I’ve played in years. I love this without reservations and am going to find Downfall ASAP.

“The ability to dream is all I have to give. That is my responsibility; that is my burden. And even I grow tired.”
― Harlan Ellison, Stalking the Nightmare

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top