• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, how is everyone doing so far? Are you ready to move on?

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t had a chance to play any further, Sefir, because of the tourney at MM.  I’ll get back to it at the end of the month, but don’t wait for me if you want to go on.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok… Lady K is out until the end of the month. Anyone else still in? (Fien? TimovieMan? Diego? Harald? Seagul? Come on people! Smile )

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m still in.

But I’m still trying to drop that darned fruit…
Will retry the entire emp-tel this evening. It’s a last resort, but I’m fed up with this emp-tel. I want to move on to Click’s.

Ever since that clock mechanism in Fleebix’ emp-tel, I haven’t been able to play the game for more than 20 minutes at once without starting to get frustrated and quitting. Getting through Soldier’s emp-tel was a PitA that way.

(I did Soldier’s emp-tel before Seedrot’s because that saved me two ticks - I’m paranoid about my ticks) Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2012 03:35 PM

I’m paranoid about my ticks

I was too, until I realised that I have finished 4 Emp-Tels and haven’t even searched the Bar. Bear in mind, questioning aliens, even when they have nothing to do with the case, was half the fun for me (Don’t get too relaxed however. Cilia is having a break around 19:30 and there are some specific things and Emp-Tels to do in the Bar later on to avoid death by the Shapeshifter. Wink ).

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh, I have spent plenty of time searching the Bar and examining things (and dying), but unless I stumble upon something that I think *needs* to be done, I just restore to my save with the economical tick-count. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Guys, bot gods have sent us a sign by bumping this thread that we need to finish the playthrough. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, we should. Have you dropped your fruit yet?  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 16 October 2012 08:06 AM

Guys, bot gods have sent us a sign by bumping this thread that we need to finish the playthrough. Grin

ROFL Laughing

I’m really wandering on what did the bot agreed to anyway!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien - 16 October 2012 08:07 AM

Yes, I have.

Apparently I had only called Dr. Root in a game that didn’t get saved, which is why I had no “fantasize” button.
Calling him is only possible during his progamme, though, so I had to sit through Oakrah again… Tongue

I’m currently trying to escape from the police in Click’s emp-tel…

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 16 October 2012 08:07 AM

Nope. But I will. Tomorrow.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Make that “day after tomorrow”.

Dropping a fruit is the hardest thing ever. I’ve just spent 2 hours without moving an inch. Shifty Eyed Oh wait, I DID manage to pose to the pervy photographer. BTW, is the bee I see above the flower the same bee I put in the photographer’s bag? Mini Frown

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oooooh, you’re close! Yes, that’s the same bee. Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

HELP!!!

How do you evade the police in Click’s Emp-Tel???
I can’t seem to do it fast enough. After quitting the safehouse (and triggering the alarm), I’m supposed to go east, north, east, then north, north-east and east. But I can’t seem to do it.

In about a gazillion attempts, I’ve managed to actually go E-N-E once but then failed to go N-NE without getting captured. 99,9999% of the time I get caught after E-N.

Is there a way to slow this game down (either the police or the game’s panning), because really, The Space Bar is pushing me this close to ramming my fist through my monitor…  Angry

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I had the same problem there…TOO fast panning(I suppose that the CPU or the emulated environment is the one to be blamed for…) and TOO fast moves from the policeman, thus getting arrested all the time. I put the vines in the most convincing for me positions (also practiced a lot there…), practised my clicking reflexes and pinpointing the perfect hotspot (while trying to control the panning speed all the time of course), and FINALLY managed to get past him just in time. Took me a 1-2 weeks and it was the most frustrating part of the game so far. I believe that in real conditions (normal CPU, non emulated environment), if you are fast enough, you can make two moves in one policeman move. You still can (If I remember correctly, while the policeman is at the opposite side, you must move first N and then click FAST at the NE, BEFORE the policeman makes his E move, while having the vines at the right positions. After that, you get the hell out of there, but that’s easy with your previous head start. I also don’t remember if teasing the policeman from the phone actually did something.), but you have to be a master to do it…
Someone also mentioned a tool to slow down the CPU. It didn’t work for me, but you can try it nevertheless….

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top