• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Making a Mass Effect Adventure Game!  Give me your suggestions!

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I don’t see Liara in your poll… tst tst tst… baaaaaad ! Looks like you don’t like her. I only vote if you add Liara :p

I’m quite a fan of Mass Effect, I recently finished the 3rd (and wasn’t deceived by the ending…) and I restarted playing the 1st. Yet, I don’t see why you’re planning to make a Mass Effect Adventure. Why not making an all new space adventure ? I mean yes, it’s great to play in the world of Mass Effect, but Bioware made such a great job that it seems really dangerous for you to make your own game : fans will certainly be deceived by the result, and that’s never good.

If you have the skills to create a Mass Effect Adventure, you should definitely create your own universe and story. That’s what I did with ASA: A Space Adventure, and even if it’s not perfect, I don’t regret it. Or maybe you have a specific reason for making an adventure specifically in the world of Mass Effect ?

Anyway, good luck with your project. Having new adventures in space is always a good news.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2013 04:03 PM

I’m a big Mass Effect fan, and I’ve filled in the survey!

Also: the more Tali and Garrus, the better… Wink

Niclas - 27 February 2013 02:56 AM

Sounds interesting. I love the ME games. I just did the survey. Would love to see more of Tali and Garrus.

Great minds think alike… Tongue

Simon_ASA - 27 February 2013 04:19 AM

I don’t see Liara in your poll…

And rightfully so! Wink Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

While I know the appeal of making a fan game, I think that you put yourself in the stressful position of being shut down! I was involved in the Space Quest 7 (sq7.org) project yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, and that got shot down by the IP owners. And that was after years of development.
Damn that game would have been awesome…

Why not, using the Mass Effect world as a template, create your own universe? Make up your own alien races, and lore-but partner it close enough to Mass Effect to still be inspired by it, but far enough that you cant run into trouble down the line?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-25

PM

Lucien21 - 27 February 2013 04:14 AM

I see there already is a Mass Effect AGS game in the works.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46561.0

I think Mass Effect would be great as an adventure. There is a lot of dialogue and relationship stuff in the main games the story would just need to replace the shooty/rpg bits with more puzzles than action.

I’ll check out the survey later, but I would be amazed if EA allowed the game to go ahead, even as a fangame.

Actually, she stopped making it.  I tried talking to her about it, but she decided to work on her Jack comic instead…

...so it’s safe to assume her Adventure Game Studio project has been canceled Frown

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-25

PM

Pyke - 27 February 2013 10:07 AM

While I know the appeal of making a fan game, I think that you put yourself in the stressful position of being shut down! I was involved in the Space Quest 7 (sq7.org) project yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago, and that got shot down by the IP owners. And that was after years of development.
Damn that game would have been awesome…

Why not, using the Mass Effect world as a template, create your own universe? Make up your own alien races, and lore-but partner it close enough to Mass Effect to still be inspired by it, but far enough that you cant run into trouble down the line?

Thanks for the insight.

I fully intend to make real, paying games in the future.  This is more or less as test to see what I can do.

And Bioware is actually pretty good with letting people use their stuff, so long as no money is made off it.  Before I start going into full production, a submission of a demo to them will be made.  If they like what they see and allow it, I’ll continue the rest of the work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top