• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play: Beyond the Edge of Owlsgard

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 09 January 2023 04:40 AM

Thanks for your help, diego. It’s hard to believe that a seasoned adventurer like me would make that mistake, but I forgot to revisit the grotto. Went everywhere else. Shifty Eyed

Happens to the best of us.

Fix’d it for ya. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! Yeah, weird that those Germans can’t spell such an easy name correctly.

Let’s set sail for Mêlée Island Owlee Island…!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m just a few minutes into Chapter 3. I will be writing a review for this game so don’t want to spill too many thoughts yet, but man, just when you think the story can’t get better—it does! through a little clever foreshadowing.

I posted this in the other Owlsgard thread, but there is a game crashing glitch in chapter 2.
In order to progress at a certain point, you need 3 things. If you have a specific 2 of these things but not that last 3rd thing, and talk to Bolek the Navigating Seal TWICE after doing some stuff, the game will think that you have all 3 things, try to let you continue, and promptly crash when it realizes that the 3rd object is missing. It’s easy to work around—just get all 3 things and talk to Bolek to progress—but I figured it should be made known.
So save often, just in case. And don’t get too chatty with lazy navigator seals.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

F: Gwen, I need you over here.
G: Here I am!
F: Can you try to lower the lift as carefully as you can once I’m standing on it?
G: You bet your white-spotted deer butt!

I’m beginning to like this little fella!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

diego - 09 January 2023 02:16 PM

F: Gwen, I need you over here.
G: Here I am!
F: Can you try to lower the lift as carefully as you can once I’m standing on it?
G: You bet your white-spotted deer butt!

I’m beginning to like this little fella!

I thought Gwen was a fella, too. Then the game explicitly referred to her in the feminine. I was surprised, but I’m not sure why -Gwen is typically a girl’s name.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeap, I realized that, I just used “fella” as a gender neutral word. Wink

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Also played through the first 2 chapters, also got stuck for a while on the cave puzzle as well as the wolf’s tree puzzle (what was the purpose of that mechanism anyway?). Great pacing so far, the game is open-world enough to play it at your leisure, but there are also enough story twists to keep you excited. Didn’t expect giant robots at all. And I like the owl companion. I see why it wasn’t made a playable character, too much writing and voice recording to do, although new lines were added to old dialogues and descriptions. A lot of attention to detail in general, the game is very polished, I didn’t even realise it was running on the AGS engine. And it was made by just one guy Gasp

PC means personal computer

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Doom - 09 January 2023 03:14 PM

Also played through the first 2 chapters, also got stuck for a while on the cave puzzle as well as the wolf’s tree puzzle (what was the purpose of that mechanism anyway?).

Are you questioning the sculpture and religion of the mystic wolf culture? Wink Or you just missed that statue is needed to break the wall in order to give the sunlight to a flower, so the tree lets you pick its fruit.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The sculpture was alright Smile I just don’t understand why it was moving. Finn mentioned that it was “some kind of chess game”, but with just one piece and 9 squares it’s not much of a game, is it? And yes, I did miss the “extra” move and kept running in circles until I discovered it by accident.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Doom - 09 January 2023 04:14 PM

The sculpture was alright Smile I just don’t understand why it was moving.

After spending a month with wolves in the untouched wilderness and absorbing their ancient canine history, mythology and cultural development, I can tell you this:

The moving statue is better suited for a puzzle than a non-moving one Crazy

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Baron_Blubba - 09 January 2023 02:34 PM

I thought Gwen was a fella, too. Then the game explicitly referred to her in the feminine. I was surprised, but I’m not sure why -Gwen is typically a girl’s name.

Gwen’s voice sounds male and her feisty behavior is not stereotypical of the female sex.

I’m not making much progress, too busy getting killed.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

diego, fair enough Grin I came to the conclusion that originally it was some overcomplicated slider puzzle where you had to line 8 statues based on the hierarchy of gods or something. It was probably not very popular among wolves, why only one statue remained. And I don’t blame them.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Wasn’t the test with the dolls just *great*?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Baron_Blubba - 10 January 2023 10:46 PM

Wasn’t the test with the dolls just *great*?

Along with the emo bull - scared the sh.. out of me!

Doom - 10 January 2023 09:27 PM

diego, fair enough Grin I came to the conclusion that originally it was some overcomplicated slider puzzle where you had to line 8 statues based on the hierarchy of gods or something. It was probably not very popular among wolves, why only one statue remained. And I don’t blame them.

LOL! So Wolves are to blame for dumbing down puzzles in our beloved genre!

Karlok - 09 January 2023 06:46 PM

Roebuck ragout… lol, it sounds almost like a tongue twister.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Boy, does the game get going in the third chapter! I finally made it to a three rows of inventory items.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top